Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2018, 01:47 AM #190
ohtwofour

Just picked up an enmey on eBay for cheap. Lubed it up and took it out today and it went through over a bag of paint with no problem. Great little gun and easy to work on. Can't wait to play with it.
ohtwofour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2018, 02:52 PM #191
toxikimpulse

Picked up 2 eNMey's for me and my son. Gen 2's, with Freak Inline +insert set.

Previously owned a dust grey SP Toxic Impulse #232. Great marker and still is. Gave it to my brother in-law who loves it. Started in the early 90's with a Sheridan Pump, a Trracer, then an Automag. Bought the Toxic brand new and never looked back. Beat that thing up. Always maintained it. As long as I have played, I never was good at tinkering, that's why I went with Toxic. My friend was the marker repairman.

Everytime SP put a new marker out there, I tried em', but never could justify the $$$.

I've taken my son out to throw some paint around with the eNMey's and I have zero complaints. No more speedball tourney's for me, so a mech at my age is great. 48/3000 gives 400 good shots, so a full GOG hop, and 3 pods of 100 works out just fine. It's not going to be as accurate as an elec, but that has to be expected. Know your best range and try to get to it. Let the high ballers lay down their box of 2000 for you. I've always thought of paintball as a sport in the sense that you need to know your strengths, weaknesses, range and best area to play from.

I'm sure my son will look to upgrade in a year or 2. I'll point him in the direction of the SP Shocker because unlike so many, I've never had a problem with my SP's or the company.
toxikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:04 AM #192
whiskeyslaps

I have two on order that will be here Tuesday. I’m getting back into the game after about ten years.

Any tips about owning this gun? What are common issues? Hoping to not have any problems but want to be prepared. What regular maintenance do you do? At what intervals?

I’m pairing both guns with a ninja alum 48/3000 hpa tank and hoping I made the right choice.
whiskeyslaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:08 AM #193
whiskeyslaps

I forgot to ask in my previous post about hoppers.

I’ve read some posts/reviews and a gravity fed hopper isn’t always the best choice for this gun. What hoppers do you use and what would you recommend that doesn’t break the bank?

My husband and I will mostly be playing rec ball/woods ball/whatever everyone is calling it now
Old 01-27-2019, 11:13 AM #194
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Gravity is always the last choice. These guys can easily out shoot a primo or splitter as well. I always run a force fed hopper on guns without eyes. Look for a rotor ltr for cheap for both. I don’t like my spire In the woods. Seems like I always have it at angles it does not like to feed.

Additional ebay feedback:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/ender_swift

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:34 AM #195
whiskeyslaps

What do you think about the empire halo too?

I don’t know much about electronic loaders. What are common problems with them and is it possible to fix them or do you usually have to replace them outright?

Thanks for your quick reply. This community is pretty awesome.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:38 AM #196
whiskeyslaps

Is spending an extra few bucks on an electronic hopper worth it? I’m guessing you get faster and more reliable feed speeds from higher end models but I’m wondering at what point the hopper out performs this particular gun.

I need to download the gun manual and get familiar with it, probably
Old 01-27-2019, 03:32 PM #197
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyslaps View Post
Is spending an extra few bucks on an electronic hopper worth it?
I think so.
With a gun like the eNMEy you certainly don't need anything as expensive or heavy as a Rotor or Halo, but a cheap, used VL-Revolution will be just about perfect.

I've tried running my eNMEy with the non-motorized "anti-jam" Proto Primo and it definitely doesn't cut it- you still have to frequently rock the gun back and forth to keep it feeding. The Revolution is ideal.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:47 PM #198
whiskeyslaps

Awesome. Thanks for the info. They aren’t nearly expensive as I would have thought but I’m gonna keep an eye out for used equipment now just to see what turns up. I’ve got a bunch of paint I can’t take to the course so when my guns and tank get here, I’ll do some target practice and see exactly how bad the grav fed hoppers are. It’ll probably motivate me to buy something better much, much quicker.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:21 AM #199
toxikimpulse

Quote:
I have two on order that will be here Tuesday. Iím getting back into the game after about ten years.

Any tips about owning this gun? What are common issues? Hoping to not have any problems but want to be prepared. What regular maintenance do you do? At what intervals?

Iím pairing both guns with a ninja alum 48/3000 hpa tank and hoping I made the right choice.
I tried the TechT ION XE bolt but it just didn't work with the eNMey. Sent it back, no questions asked.

Gun is easy to maintain. Easy on paint. I haven't had any issues. Through 5K balls, I had 1 bust, but was still able to shoot fine until I had some time to squeegee it.

I get 450 good shots with a 48/3K hpa.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:31 AM #200
toxikimpulse

Quote:
I forgot to ask in my previous post about hoppers.

Iíve read some posts/reviews and a gravity fed hopper isnít always the best choice for this gun. What hoppers do you use and what would you recommend that doesnít break the bank?

My husband and I will mostly be playing rec ball/woods ball/whatever everyone is calling it now
I still use my revi. I guess the the Halo 2 is good for $50. Reviews on it are good.

I also use GOG's 100rd gravity fed hopper. Works fine with me. I love using the GOG loader in woodsball. If I want to go crazy and throw a ton of paint, then I'll go pick up an eletro.

Every now and then I'll play speedball at the local field with the eNMey. As long as I have a couple of guys on my team with electro's then I'm good. If my team is heavy on the rentals then I walk out.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:01 AM #201
toxikimpulse

Quote:
I have two on order that will be here Tuesday. Iím getting back into the game after about ten years.

Iím pairing both guns with a ninja alum 48/3000 hpa tank and hoping I made the right choice.
Can't go wrong with any 48/3K aluminum tank.

I've always greased the bolt after using the gun. Pick up GOG's grease.

The upgrades I went with were-
Inline Freak. I already had the insert kit, but if I didn't I would have bought it. It's a universal upgrade for any gun you own. IMO, the regular GOG Inline with no insert is a hell of a deal for $19.
I'm not a 2 piece barrel fan. The 1 piece Inline is a good barrel for the $.

The HE valve IMO, has been a solid upgrade for me. Trigger pull is much much better. I've read this before and I have to agree, the eNMey trigger feel is so similar to the Automag.
I don't see the big air efficiency that GOG claims. The eNMey isn't a gas hog, but it isn't great on air. That's the way it is. But how much air do you really need in a rec game?
If you want to upgrade the valve to an HE valve, just make sure the valve kit has 2 black macro lines and not one black and one red. On ANSgear the picture shows the red one. Check out the HE valve picture on ebay. That's the one you want.

I wouldn't call this an upgrade, but I use an old universal on/off with the eNMey's stock ASA. $60 for the eNMey's upgraded on/off is crazy. Unless the gun comes stock with an on/off ASA, I won't buy an aftermarket one. IMO, people get the aftermarket on/off's because they look cool. I also like the stock braided line.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:04 AM #202
toxikimpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I think so.
With a gun like the eNMEy you certainly don't need anything as expensive or heavy as a Rotor or Halo, but a cheap, used VL-Revolution will be just about perfect.

I've tried running my eNMEy with the non-motorized "anti-jam" Proto Primo and it definitely doesn't cut it- you still have to frequently rock the gun back and forth to keep it feeding. The Revolution is ideal.
Agreed and I think the proto primo is waay overrated. I think spending $20 or $30 more on a revi or a Halo 2 is the way to go if you want an electro hopper.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 AM #203
PSU_Strik3r

PSU_Strik3r owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
eNMEy Ultra Trigger, Totally worth every penny.

on eBay or Quality Paintball
PSU_Strik3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:01 AM #204
PSU_Strik3r

PSU_Strik3r owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
If anyone is not aware I do have gen1 and Gen2 enmey Ultra Triggers.
They make a huge improvement to the marker. No need to put a screw into your grip frame. Quick and easy upgrade.
It makes the gun so much faster and smoother.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOG-eNMEy-U...r/113721394858

PSU_Strik3r is offline   Reply With Quote