Old 01-18-2021, 12:06 PM #3067
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
The NG on the insight almost assuredly is an add-on so it can be called the BLING, which is obviously the Bob Long Insight New Generation. FWIW.
Haha, yes. I remember when that was being tossed around when it was first released.

imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2021, 12:06 PM #3068
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Only the Bling Bling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Why would you use a softer seal in that location?

Your X-Rings are 70 duro.

I know I should be the last one saying this, given how much seal testing I do, but don't get overly caught up in seal type, durometer, etc. Especially on a reliable system like the Gamma. Running a different than OE seal is a case by case basis - application, what loads it sees, etc. For Gammas, I'm a fan of running X-Rings on the guide (which, as I've mentioned, was a bit of a surprise given the application didn't exactly fit the bill for that type of seal) and keeping everything else good old buna-nitrile duro 70.
I wanted Viton for its compression resistance but McMasterCarr only had 75 durometer (too hard IMO) or 60 durometer so I went with the 60s. Been running them for a while and store the Bolt all of the way back and haven’t had any issues.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:02 PM #3069
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I got to put about 200 balls through a Prime XTS this weekend and I have to say I was impressed. The part of the gun that I wasn't too keen on was between the front grip and trigger guard. The square nature of the body felt a little odd compared to most other high ends. The shot was really nice and there seemed to be no noticeable barrel rise.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:04 PM #3070
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLove View Post
I got to put about 200 balls through a Prime XTS this weekend and I have to say I was impressed. The part of the gun that I wasn't too keen on was between the front grip and trigger guard. The square nature of the body felt a little odd compared to most other high ends. The shot was really nice and there seemed to be no noticeable barrel rise.
I did some ďcomfort workĒ on mine ( pics on Facebook ). At first I put these ranger bands ( rubber bands ) I had found on Amazon on the XTS to prevent me from unintentionally detaching the eye covers. They match the rubber of the grips, feel pretty thick, and so I just added more. Eventually I got rid of that square undercarriage feeling, and everyone who picks up my gun says they really like the feel of it.

It seems like the sound of the Prime makes people think it shoots harshly or like a poppet ( as if that meant something negative ). The Prime compares well with the M3+ when it comes to lack of barrel rise. Even in ramp.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
2021 Setups:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 280 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-CVO w/Adrenaline Frame, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire ( locals )
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM #3071
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Post-tournament deep clean.... thought I might as well take a picture of everything nicely laid out.

https://imgur.com/gallery/DiLcZTq

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM #3072
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
My Prime XTS was comparatively speaking harsh and did have barrel rise where my M3+s do not. The only marker that I felt moved more in my hands that is available today is the Force.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM #3073
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
For some reason I feel like a Force vs Geo 4 would be a good comparison. Btw I got a CS2 mech frame on the way.

Goldy, do you do that after every tournament?
2021 Setups:
-Prime XTS, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Spire 280 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ speedball ]
-CVO w/Adrenaline Frame, Powerhouse Haymkr Reg, HK 80/4500 Tank, Dye R2 Loader, and Dye UL-s barrel. [ woodsball]
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM #3074
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
For some reason I feel like a Force vs Geo 4 would be a good comparison.
You know I've warmed up to the Force and own both of these....

But if I look at those two objectively, there's not a category that the Geo 4 loses.
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM #3075
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
But if I look at those two objectively, there's not a category that the Geo 4 loses.
Completely agree. The Prime XTS and Force is a better comparison for me. Each wins certain areas.

I’ll say it again, for a first release from a new company, the Force is a spectacular marker. That release has gone much smoother than some for well established companies recently. A great first product that will give Field One a good reputation for reliability and paint handling moving forward.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : Yesterday at 06:29 PM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM #3076
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Maybe itís the paint handling category, only, where the Force and Geo 4 need comparing. I could see why the Geo starts surpassing the Force, feature wise. Does anyone think the Force has the edge in the paint handling department over the Geo?

The XTS vs the Force would be a good vs debate. Anyone up for sharing how they think that one turns out? I donít have a Force, otherwise Iíd be on it.

Kevin, 100%. The Force turned out great. Also I think the small operation of actual pros assembling each Force is proving to be a QC dream come true. Iím really impressed with Field One and want to see them succeed even more. I just admire the smart plan they implemented and the hard work and diligence to make it happen. I will be supporting them this year for sure.
2021 Setups:
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM #3077
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Goldy, do you do that after every tournament?
Not quite to this level, but yeah. I disassemble my markers more frequently and to a larger degree than anybody I know though. Itís a great thing to do while watching a movie or listening to a podcast or something.

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM #3078
Mr. Charlie
Scales CS1, M2, & M3s+

Force or Prime XTS would be a hard choice for me...
Old Today, 10:41 AM #3079
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
Completely agree. The Prime XTS and Force is a better comparison for me. Each wins certain areas.

Iíll say it again, for a first release from a new company, the Force is a spectacular marker. That release has gone much smoother than some for well established companies recently. A great first product that will give Field One a good reputation for reliability and paint handling moving forward.
Agreed. I really like the Force (obviously, considering I bought it from you), but not for necessarily "measurable" reasons. Great build quality and fit/finish, it has some interesting functional pieces, and it's kind of a "retro" marker with F1 saying "screw it" to tooless access to anything. And as you know, I really want to see if I can improve efficiency by a reasonable margin, and I think I have.
Quote:
Maybe itís the paint handling category, only, where the Force and Geo 4 need comparing. I could see why the Geo starts surpassing the Force, feature wise. Does anyone think the Force has the edge in the paint handling department over the Geo?

The XTS vs the Force would be a good vs debate. Anyone up for sharing how they think that one turns out? I donít have a Force, otherwise Iíd be on it.

Kevin, 100%. The Force turned out great. Also I think the small operation of actual pros assembling each Force is proving to be a QC dream come true. Iím really impressed with Field One and want to see them succeed even more. I just admire the smart plan they implemented and the hard work and diligence to make it happen. I will be supporting them this year for sure.
Like I've mentioned before, there's no magic to the Force's paint handling capabilities. I don't think it does it better than the other markers that are very good in that category - the Axe, Torque, Prime and various PE markers come to mind (there are others, as well). It controls the in-breech ball and at-bat ball very well, has controlled bolt acceleration and pulse delivery to the ball. Those are the keys and it does them all well.

If I *had* to choose one of those three to use for the rest of my life, it would be between the Geo 4 and XTS, which would be a really hard decision that I'm glad I don't have to make. But when it comes to "purely playing paintball", they all do a great job at what's important. Go with what feels and points the best for you.