Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 PM #1
kcsteve

Stolen Empire Mini by Shawn Kenyon of Fenton Mi.

Shawn Kenyon of Fenton Michigan has stolen my son Nicks Empire Mini. Nick put his mini on the Paintball BST at the end of July. Shawn contacted him wanting to trade his Etek 3. Nick sent his 1st with a hard case and $25. Shawn had the marker for 4 days then contacted Nick saying it did not shoot right and he was sending it back. The last contact was the following Tuesday July 30th saying he was shipping that day. For the next 3 days Nick would send messages with no response. I then called Shawn on that Friday evening and messaged him with no response. In the next 5 days we tried numerous times to contact him and his girlfriend ( through Facebook) with no response. Finally on Wednesday Aug. 6th I contacted Hell's Survivor in Michigan ( a place we found through facebook that he plays at) and posted our dilemma there and on the Paintball BST and Scammers BST pages. On Thursday I began sending messages to his facebook friends. It worked. He was contacted by friends asking him to fix this. He finally contacted me Friday the 8th saying that the marker was "stolen" with his gear and he would send Nick the replacement value after he gets paid the following Wed.
Suddenly the following Monday I get a text stating that I'm a Jackass. I'm going to get sued for slander and harassment. And that Nick would not be getting the money. I called Shawn and low and behold he answered. We had some words and the outcome was that I would not see a dime and will be getting a call from his lawyer ( Eric Kelley- Detroit Michigan). He also told me he lost or damaged his phone at his Dads house in Arnold. Mi. and couldn't contact Nick or I. I then called the police and filed a report. The Officer called Shawn and of course he lied to him and told him he never said he wasn't sending the money. Told him that his lawyer would be contacting my about the money. Well it's Tuesday evening Aug. 8th and no money, no call from a lawyer, & I've tried to contact Shawn a few times with no response. So if you no Shawn Kenyon from Fenton Mi. You might not want to be seen with him at a paintball park. And I would buy or trade anything with him. Thanks Steve Dowell
kcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM #2
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
aerosaaber supports Ninja Paintball
you will be asked if this deal started on PBNation, if it didn't the mods may close the thread.
If they don't you'll be asked to provide screenshots of all that you've described as proof what you're saying is accurate.
You can contact the post office/postal inspector regarding mail fraud which is serious business. Did you make a police report local to you or just local to Shawn? Usually people are encouraged to do both.
Small claims court is an option.
Do you have receipts showing shipping and tracking numbers etc?
If I sell or trade a marker I'm going to go through 3rd party only. Too many scammers out there.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:14 PM #3
kcsteve

No it didn't start on PBNation. I do have screenshots of all conversations and the shipping and tracking records.
I have filed a police report with my police dept. Fenton would not take one.
Wanted to post he so if he shows up his names on file of scamming.
kcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:02 PM #4
bikerjake805
Dirt Mahgurk

bikerjake805 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bikerjake805 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bikerjake805 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsteve View Post
No it didn't start on PBNation. I do have screenshots of all conversations and the shipping and tracking records.
I have filed a police report with my police dept. Fenton would not take one.
Wanted to post he so if he shows up his names on file of scamming.
Thank you for spreading the word on this site. Need more of this since they seem to like to cross over
bikerjake805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 PM #5
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
aerosaaber supports Ninja Paintball
I should have also said

Spreading the word is a good thing, so thank you for that.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:00 PM #6
chiefsmokealot
JakeONtheSNAKE

chiefsmokealot is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Good to know I am from Michigan as well so ill watch out
chiefsmokealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 PM #7
sokopath
Kitty Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
sokopath is Legendary
sokopath is Boss
thanks for the heads up. sorry to hear it. sucks when it happens to a fellow michigander
sokopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:56 AM #8
callenderchris

callenderchris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
callenderchris has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
callenderchris supports Empire
Yea you can get him on mail fraud some serious stuff and people don't even realize it when they try to scam on here.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:34 AM #9
pbkidminion
minion

has been a member for 10 years
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion plays in the APPA D4 division
Has this been resolved? I'm another person from MI, I looked up the name on facebook, found a Shawn Kenyon from Fenton, who's a part of Michigan paintball BST (so I'm assuming it's the right guy). I'm also a part of another group he's in, Michigan Vapors Club (group for vape/ecig stuff) that has about 2,000 members, I'm sure that might get somewhere if nothing else has so far. I'm sure somebody in there could help.

Facebook user I think is him:

https://www.facebook.com/shawn.kenyon.5
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 PM #10
KCMECustoms
Gun Builder.

Do you have color and serial number for the Mini with proof of receipt I work at T.C Lansing and we get a few mini's in for service every now and then
KCMECustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:57 PM #11
lxmott

lxmott owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lxmott supports Team VICIOUS
Havent seen this guy out at a paintball field at all this year.
lxmott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:02 AM #12
Jayo85

[quote=kcsteve;83266601]Shawn Kenyon of Fenton Michigan has stolen my son Nicks Empire Mini. Nick put his mini on the Paintball BST at the end of July. Shawn contacted him wanting to trade his Etek 3. Nick sent his 1st with a hard case and $25. Shawn had the marker for 4 days then contacted Nick saying it did not shoot right and he was sending it back. The last contact was the following Tuesday July 30th saying he was shipping that day. For the next 3 days Nick would send messages with no response. I then called Shawn on that Friday evening and messaged him with no response. In the next 5 days we tried numerous times to contact him and his girlfriend ( through Facebook) with no response. Finally on Wednesday Aug. 6th I contacted Hell's Survivor in Michigan ( a place we found through facebook that he plays at) and posted our dilemma there and on the Paintball BST and Scammers BST pages. On Thursday I began sending messages to his facebook friends. It worked. He was contacted by friends asking him to fix this. He finally contacted me Friday the 8th saying that the marker was "stolen" with his gear and he would send Nick the replacement value after he gets paid the following Wed.
Suddenly the following Monday I get a text stating that I'm a Jackass. I'm going to get sued for slander and harassment. And that Nick would not be getting the money. I called Shawn and low and behold he answered. We had some words and the outcome was that I would not see a dime and will be getting a call from his lawyer ( Eric Kelley- Detroit Michigan). He also told me he lost or damaged his phone at his Dads house in Arnold. Mi. and couldn't contact Nick or I. I then called the police and filed a report. The Officer called Shawn and of course he lied to him and told him he never said he wasn't sending the money. Told him that his lawyer would be contacting my about the money. Well it's Tuesday evening Aug. 8th and no money, no call from a lawyer, & I've tried to contact Shawn a few times with no response. So if you no Shawn Kenyon from Fenton Mi. You might not want to be seen with him at a paintball park. And I would buy or trade anything with him. Thanks Steve Dowell[/QUOTE

I was also scammed by this idiot! Could you please message me? I tried sending you one but it said I didn’t have permission?
Jayo85 is offline   Reply With Quote