Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-16-2021, 10:16 AM #1
redragoon

Dirty Works Impressions/Reviews?

I need a couple replacement/maintenance parts for my VIS and Insight. Dirty Works has what I need for a reasonable price, but the website seems very slow.

I've never purchased from them, so I'm wondering if they are a good source for these parts or if I should keep looking.

I'm also open to any other sellers that are trusted here.
I normally use Armory for my other Bob Longs, but he has limited supply of the newer parts.
redragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2021, 11:10 AM #2
acabello72

has been a member for 10 years
acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Dirty Works is fine as long as you call ahead to ensure what you need is in fact, in stock. If not you may be waiting a bit.
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM #3
Mattpaintsfaces

I have bought from them and had no problems.
Mattpaintsfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:34 PM #4
android17ak47
No!!!!!

I have purchased quite a few things from dirtyworks for my VIS for the past 4 years and you got nothing but great feedback here.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:36 PM #5
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends X
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 supports Ninja Paintball
lopez17 owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Their reputation is mixed and all of it is justified. There were a lot of people that had problems with them a few years back. They weren't shipping items in a timely manner, were shipping the wrong items, etc. In the last 18-24 months they've been pretty good with the turnaround and communication. Pay with a credit card and you'll be alright if something goes south.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:50 PM #6
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Edit: Processed but never actually shippes

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 05-05-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM #7
redragoon

I may use them in the future, then. Field One had the few parts I needed and provided free 2-day shipping.

This thread may still be good to track their future feedback for others.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:29 AM #8
AirAssault

AirAssault is a Supporting Member
AirAssault owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
I've been supposedly banned from buying from them LOL..... I called them out for their pricing and that they sell the internals separately from the marker in a lot of instances. They said they didn't do that and when I actually linked them to the marker that had a drop down menu for "internals" for several hundred dollars over their already ridiculous prices the guy said I talked to much **** about them and couldn't purchase from them any more. I know this has happened to several people lol. I still buy from them through a proxy when I absolutely have to but it does hurt giving these shysters my money.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:45 PM #9
Vanya117

I've had them tech my intimidator, bought hundreds of dollars in parts, and have called them with tech questions. They've only been helpful and would definitely recommend them! I think their consistency has gotten worse since merging with another company, and they need to keep their site updated. But other than that, they're great.

If you're a Christian baller,put this in your sig.
Vanya117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:02 AM #10
twinings
Cereal Eater

twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
I’ve heard some bad stories about them but honestly have not had problems any more than with other retailers.

I go to smaller sites for parts for old guns, which they carry quite a bit of. You should always call or email ahead whenever buying a part for an old gun to make sure it is really in stock, no matter what the online store.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:56 AM #11
android17ak47
No!!!!!

I will admit, I did preorder a G6r pressure tester back in October of last year for a coworker of mine and was given a certain date I should see it by, and it didnt show up until yesterday, but that was out of their hands and not their fault because Field One had also updated me on the production of the last run of these parts, and it took all this time for them to get fabricated, polished, and received so I dont blame them for this, and it did come yesterday. Other tan that, I have had great luck with them. My V1 body that I built like a VIS is partly thanks to them since they were selling the OLED frame and board kit at a more affordable price, and a few other more minor parts that put this together, and it has been super reliable since(completed this project a couple years ago).
Old 04-28-2021, 01:00 PM #12
RFP Professor

Annual Supporting Member
I've ordered from the maybe half a dozen times. Once, the item took a couple of weeks to ship. Every other time, I got stuff quickly.
RFP Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM #13
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Took over two weeks to ship and only shipped after I emailed them to ask about my order. Not impressed to be honest and will not be purchasing from them again.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:38 PM #14
LAXplosion7

solid site to buy from!
LAXplosion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:25 AM #15
Trbo323

I used to work for him, here's the lowdown

I think the word "business" is giving it more credit than it should, you have to mix a lot of "scam" in to make this particular cake

1) there's only 1 guy, so when you complain because he did something wrong and he says "this will have to go to the returns team" or "to my manager" it's 100% a stall tactic and you won't hear anything until you complain again

2) everything is in stock, except the things that aren't. If you call/email to check if something is in stock you will be told yes of course it is! And MAYBE that's true but if he doesn't have the part on hand he is still happy to take your money now while he gets it in from F1, and if he doesn't like the price F1 is selling it at you may be waiting weeks while he tries to negotiate or wait to order more parts so he can get a break on shipping

If any of you remember when he had the gear drive ASA preorders and people ended up waiting over a year to get theirs, this is 100% what happened, he ordered individual parts from F1 because it was cheaper that way, argued about the price, had to wait because F1 was out of one part, then because it's cheaper for him they were all raw so he could get them annoed, sent them to anno, argued about the price with the anno shop, finally got everything back and dragged his feet putting the asas together because it's tedious work

3) everything is new, except for all the used parts. Long story short he took over all Bob long legacy from F1. When that happened F1 sent him basically everything parts wise they had on hand. But before this happened, let's say you have a gen 3 Timmy, you send it into F1 and say "I think the solenoid is having problems" F1 would just slap a new noid in it to be safe, throw your old noid in a bin. Richard got that bin and I tested them, not knowing his intentions at the time, any noid that worked he is selling with no disclaimer that it's a used noid. Noids were not the only thing that happened

4) annos only take a few weeks.... Plus a few months. He won't send single pieces off for anno, he waits until he has a batch of pieces to save himself money. So when you ask him "how long will it take to anno" he will reply "2 weeks" (or whatever it is) but he will NOT mention that he needs 15 more pieces to complete the batch so when you call in 4 weeks later wondering where your piece is, it hasn't even left yet. Want it back? He is still going to charge you something

5) wondering why Bob long parts prices are going up in the last handful of years? He basically buys anything he can from ebay just so he can control the market. It's market manipulation

^^^^if you are new and looking for gear, click here ^^^^
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:12 PM #16
redragoon

I ordered a couple of Gen 6 bolts because I couldn't find any elsewhere. The site processed PayPal so if he doesn't ship, he shouldn't get paid. I'll call tomorrow to confirm that the parts were in stock and the order is being packed. If I get any weird responses, I'll cancel with Paypal.

Hopefully I'll get what I need quickly.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:28 PM #17
redragoon

I received my order yesterday. I called the day after to confirm the parts were in stock and being shipped. That got the shipping label created, but no other progress for a few days.
I emailed about the shipping progress and the package went to the post office and shipped that day. Parts arrived a few days after that, shipped from Oregon Paintball.

The G6R dragon stock bolt is exactly as I expected. The soft face bolt with the tactical pin is just the soft face with an unmarked low profile pin. Both seem to be in good condition and fit well.

Note:
I will say that trying to get the site to update the cart and process payment took almost 30 mins of refreshing and retrying. I got this behavior on mobile using Chrome, a Chromebook, and on my desktop. Every time it has to update the cart or check for payment, it times out while loading.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:38 PM #18
Ghille-Man

I shared this link with a friend. He used to work for the guy. In the meantime, I'm gonna grab my popcorn and pull up a chair.
Ghille-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:39 PM #19
Trbo323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghille-Man View Post
I shared this link with a friend. He used to work for the guy. In the meantime, I'm gonna grab my popcorn and pull up a chair.
Did you not scroll up? I already replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by redragoon View Post
I called the day after to confirm the parts were in stock and being shipped. That got the shipping label created, but no other progress for a few days.
I emailed about the shipping progress and the package went to the post office and shipped that day. Parts arrived a few days after that, shipped from Oregon Paintball.
Yeah honestly it would have taken a lot longer if you hadn't prodded him. He would have put it on the back burner and gotten to it whenever he felt like it.

Oregon paintball is the shop he purchased in Portland. He basically purchased it so he could use the name and all the good Google reviews because the guy that owned it before him was a really good ambassador to the sport.

Go to Google maps and find Oregon paintball in Portland. The reviews from the last couple of years (since I left and Richard runs the storefront alone) are a very different story than the few hundred before them. The 4.5 star review is very misleading

^^^^if you are new and looking for gear, click here ^^^^
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:22 PM #20
redragoon

Yea. Either way, this thread seems to be a decent method of tracking personal experiences and helping others decide.

If I had the space, I'd buy all the legacy parts and run it myself.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:48 PM #21
Brandon85
AKAholic

I had a pretty good experience with dirty works.
I ordered some random parts for my rage timmy (ram bumper, grips a trigger and some misc. stuff) and got it shipped to Europe in just 12 days.