Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM #1
NormG

Enmey 'solenoid' components

Sorry if this has been covered, I scrolled through the forums but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. . .

I'm trying to fix a buddies' Enmey, it's 99% resolved however it leaks slowly when I hold down the trigger, either out the barrel or out the feedneck depending on how hard I pull the trigger. I was initially going to buy an o-ring kit and replace all of the rings, however I'm starting to think the seal in the 'solenoid' is the issue, as the intensity of the leak changes depending on how hard I squeeze the trigger.

I know the gun had previously been tampered with (regulator had some incorrect size/chewed up o-rings. C-Clip on the bottom of the reg is slightly too small and just barely fits.) I feel like there should be another piece in the 'solenoid' housing, the manual unfortunately doesn't really give a clear indication of what should be there. Here's what mine looks like:

20211114_172443_1636931863488.jpg

Am I looking at an o-ring issue, or a 'solenoid' issue?

Here's a video of the gun leaking:
https://youtube.com/shorts/Ia5xVsJX2AI?feature=share
NormG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2021, 02:53 AM #2
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

Did you change the bolt tail rings? I would try that first before further tampering with the solenoid.

On my enmey i've also noticed that it doesn't like (small leak) thinner grease like dow 33 light and that it needs more grease than i was used to apply in my empire guns.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:07 PM #3
NormG

Replaced the two bolt tail o-rings. . . No difference. Replaced the green o-ring recessed inside the back of the breach. . . No difference.

Again, I can hear more leaking or less leaking, depending on how hard I squeeze the trigger. The manual doesn't actually show the inside of the 'solenoid', presumably because they don't want you tampering with it. Doesn't help with a second-hand gun where it may have already been tampered with.
NormG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:11 AM #4
Menace_pbn

Menace_pbn is playing at Living Legends VII
It's hard to say since I can't tell exactly how you are pulling and holding the trigger, but based on the vid, the marker is working properly. It doesn't seem to leak when the trigger is pulled and held back, and it doesn't seem to leak when released, and it fires on a full pull.

The design of the valve causes it to vent heavily on both sides of the cycle, and you can bleed the tank dry simply by holding the trigger just so.

I demonstrated this in my channel review of it (around the 4:54 mark), and noted that this is part of why these markers are so gas inefficient, and why it is important to do a full pull of the trigger.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Menace_pbn : 11-26-2021 at 01:23 AM.
Menace_pbn is offline   Reply With Quote