PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2021, 06:42 PM #1
SDTrueBlue

CS1.5 Not firing, tons of air coming out of SFR/Gap between body/frame

PE Team/PBNation Folks,

Have an issue with my 1.5 after a friend had been using it for a few months, though I actually watched him play with it last week and it worked without issue.

Now, when I gas up, it is fine with no leads, but when I go to fire, it won't fire at all. Every time I pull the trigger I have a huge amount of air coming out of the SFR and can also see air coming from between body and grip-frame around the solenoid. This happens with the SFR all the way closed or all the way open and everything in between.

I did take the marker on an airplane and it was stored in my luggage, so not sure if that might have messed with the pressure on the gaskets, etc.

There hasn't been any maintenance on the solenoid or anything there, so don't think it would have gotten retightened too much but, I'm not sure.

Assuming this is an issue with a solenoid gasket? Anything I should be looking for to troubleshoot other than pulling out the solenoid body and servicing, rebuilding?

Any info is helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDTrueBlue : 11-20-2021 at 10:38 PM.
SDTrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Sounds like it could be a Gasket or maybe the Bolt System just needs to be maintained. I’d pull the Frame off and make sure the Gaskets are still there and relube the Bolt System then see if it still leaks.
Old 11-21-2021, 03:52 PM #3
SDTrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Sounds like it could be a Gasket or maybe the Bolt System just needs to be maintained. Id pull the Frame off and make sure the Gaskets are still there and relube the Bolt System then see if it still leaks.
Actually got it resolved last night and you were 100% correct. Apparently the bolt just wasn't moving at all when the marker was fired and so all of the "left-over" air was rushing out of the SFR because none of it was used to move the bolt.

Did maintenance on the entire engine including prop-shaft, bolt and cam and it worked like a charm. Best guess was the prop-shaft wasn't moving like it was supposed to...
SDTrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote