PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2021, 06:13 PM #1
uwskier

Oddball request: convert this contraption to HPA

Hi all,

New member here. I'm not a paintballer. Did it a few times for bachelor parties and had a blast, but never got that into it. I am, however, a slalom waterskier with a new contraption that fires paintballs from my boat linked to a GPS to place the splashes where buoys would go on a slalom waterski course.

The markers are your basic Spyder Victors with a custom trigger mechanism.

My question is:

What bits do I all need to get these things to fire HPA instead of 12g CO2 as they're configured now?

I plan to put the biggest HPA tank I can find on the floor of the boat and run a split remote line to the markers, but trying to figure out what size fittings I need, what sort of remote lines, etc... I imagined this would be simple, but not so much.

I imagine I'll need everything from the marker body on down.

The rate of fire is pretty slow. Like one shot every 3 seconds on alternating sides. I don't need some crazy expensive high recharge rate regulator or anything. Just a tank and a few lines with a basic reg I think...

uwskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2021, 07:43 AM #2
Help @ Ninja PB

Help @ Ninja PB supports Ninja Paintball
As long as the q2 gram adaptors are normal paintball ones you should be able to remove the 12 gram adaptors and screw in a normal paintball remote.

This would allow you to place the tank on the floor, secured, and power the guns just like the 12 grams.
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Help @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:01 PM #3
uwskier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help @ Ninja PB View Post
As long as the q2 gram adaptors are normal paintball ones you should be able to remove the 12 gram adaptors and screw in a normal paintball remote.

This would allow you to place the tank on the floor, secured, and power the guns just like the 12 grams.
Perfect. That's what I needed I think! Next question, what's the best way to feed two guns off a single tank?
Old 10-24-2021, 07:32 PM #4
Help @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
Perfect. That's what I needed I think! Next question, what's the best way to feed two guns off a single tank?
Check with your local paintball shop and we offer a dual remote which is 1 tank to feed 2 guns
Old 10-29-2021, 11:36 PM #5
uwskier

Quote:
Check with your local paintball shop and we offer a dual remote which is 1 tank to feed 2 guns
Nice. Found online!

Finally, an even stranger question... Since I'm not going to be carrying this around running through the woods... has anyone you're aware of ever fit a paintball regulator setup to a 4500 PSI SCBA tank? I imagine one of those I'd only need to fill once a season.

TIA
Old 10-31-2021, 06:55 AM #6
Help @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Nice. Found online!

Finally, an even stranger question... Since I'm not going to be carrying this around running through the woods... has anyone you're aware of ever fit a paintball regulator setup to a 4500 PSI SCBA tank? I imagine one of those I'd only need to fill once a season.

TIA
Not that I am aware of and you would have to use that to fill the paintball tank and it may not be worth it due to costs and size.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:01 PM #7
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

p8ntballsteve is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends III
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VI
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Quote:
Nice. Found online!

TIA

Yes, I've run across this when designing an air system for a tank. You'll essentially use a matching fitting from your SCBA tank to an inline regulator that can handle 4500psi, then connect your dual line remote to the regulator.

I would recommend an Air America Unireg series since I don't know any other inline regs rates for 4500 working pressure.