Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-27-2021, 06:41 PM #1
jschmo

M17 Barrel Threads... not A5?

I had a question re: the M17 barrel treads. I've been exchanging messages w/ Valken support who said that the M17 as well as the CQMF does not use and were never ever compatible with A5 threaded barrels.

Here's what they said:

"And yes, there are several aftermarket companies that claim the A5 barrel fits, but I can assure you it does not, and we confirmed this with Milsig. This is why Milsig is manufacturing an M17 to A5 barrel adapter for us and shipping to us next month.... The M17 threads are a smaller diameter than an A5 barrel. So the A5 barrel slides over the M17 threads, but you can twist all you want but the threads won't lock."

I was interested in the Ammotech ATX-9 and their 7" TiPX Freak compatible barrel systems but according to Valken, neither will work, at least not w/o their $22 adapter.

Anyone have problems w/ not being able to tighten an A5 barrels on their Valken M17?
jschmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2021, 12:35 PM #2
SASRickroll
SAS Member

SASRickroll owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Sounds like they had a change made so they could sell their own brand of barrels or a brand that they make money off of somehow. Glad I still have my old Milsig M17.