PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2021, 07:41 PM #1
jubba

has been a member for 10 years
jubba is playing at Living Legends VIII
Valken m17

I am planning a road trip to a field I know that sells valken, but just curious what anyone's opinion on the Valken M17 or CQMF?
jubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2021, 11:28 AM #2
CliffJumper

Obviously go EMF100 if you can afford it but here are my thoughts. CQMF is mostly metal and is super heavy compared to M17. You won’t want to add more weight, but if you do the CQMF can take AR shrouds while M17 can’t. The CQMF magwell has nice left and right finger release buttons, but the M17 magwell can be replaced with 3D printed magwells to take better mags like T15 or TMC. Unfortunately M17 mags break easily. Also CQMF takes remote line, which is good if you want to shoot more than 100-120 shots.
CliffJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:31 PM #3
SASRickroll
SAS Member

SASRickroll owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Slight correction to what CliffJumper said above. The M17 can't take AR shrouds natively, you have to get an adapter for milspec handguards. it can take them just need the adapter. The old M17 mags broke easily, the new hybrids have a reputation for being a bit more reliable.

Either way they're milsigs underneath and will need to be maintained after every use to keep them running reliably. Not a bad thing because when they do work, they WORK.