has been a member for 10 years
Congrats to the Ironmen, big win. Jay
Old 03-10-2020, 07:12 AM #66
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
That event was so fun to watch. Made me completely change my opinion on Todd Martinez as a coach, he was a grown man. NOBODY would've picked the ironmen to win or even make it to semis. Seems like losing the guys from last year and their egos was addition by subtraction.
I'm not going to hop on the "Ironmen are back" bandwagon just yet because Texas football does that after every single decent win and then continue to be mediocre. Future looks real bright for them tho.

Last edited by dubv187 : 03-10-2020 at 07:20 AM.
dubv187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:29 PM #67
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
We saw less of Todd in the commentators booth, same with Nick, which gave them the time and energy to concentrate on their game. If thatís what it takes for them to win, or a part of it, do it. Iíd much rather have a new contender/threat to win events now, then have them as awesome commentators, just saying. Since NXL started itís been mostly what, three or four teams legitimately challenging for the win? Damage looks to be knocking on the door too with their new pickup, Brad. AC Dallas has been a dark horse pick for a couple years now.

All these prospects ( more then I mentioned ) are going to make this the most interesting and entertaining season yet, but at the same time Iíd like to see the ironmen repeat their success again and again. I think they have all the players they need now, whatever changes they made seems to have paid off, and then there is the real possibility that this is just the start. This is a rebuild year too but theyíre just going to get better each event.

Weíll see the top teams scouting IM hard now. Like the Russian Legion hid a lot of their cards to keep other teams guessing because they have to, Iím sure Todd has a plan to be less scoutable and less predictable.

Some random thoughts-
Iím also looking forward to seeing Tabada get some playing time. The new zip line camera was dope, but I hope we see a couple more dedicated camera angles on the d side again. Last year they had one in each corner, I feel like I didnít see as much on the d side this event.
Collection Powered By Trademygun
Setups Powered by Powerhouse Regs!
Noa Bo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:30 PM #68
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
We saw less of Todd in the commentators booth, same with Nick, which gave them the time and energy to concentrate on their game. If thatís what it takes for them to win, or a part of it, do it. Iíd much rather have a new contender/threat to win events now, then have them as awesome commentators, just saying. Since NXL started itís been mostly what, three or four teams legitimately challenging for the win? Damage looks to be knocking on the door too with their new pickup, Brad. AC Dallas has been a dark horse pick for a couple years now.

All these prospects ( more then I mentioned ) are going to make this the most interesting and entertaining season yet, but at the same time Iíd like to see the ironmen repeat their success again and again. I think they have all the players they need now, whatever changes they made seems to have paid off, and then there is the real possibility that this is just the start. This is a rebuild year too but theyíre just going to get better each event.

Weíll see the top teams scouting IM hard now. Like the Russian Legion hid a lot of their cards to keep other teams guessing because they have to, Iím sure Todd has a plan to be less scoutable and less predictable.

Some random thoughts-
Iím also looking forward to seeing Tabada get some playing time. The new zip line camera was dope, but I hope we see a couple more dedicated camera angles on the d side again. Last year they had one in each corner, I feel like I didnít see as much on the d side this event.

Totally agree on both of these points. GoSportz was the best its ever been this event.

Also, I agree on the commentators. I really, really wish they would just limit the booth to two dedicated personalities. Matty and Rich. Matty is a great play by play guy and Rich, although eccentric, adds a great color commentator role that has a unique perspective as a long time pro, and industry involved guy.

I like the guys they have on as guests. But I think it makes it a bit chaotic and inconsistent in the quality of the commentation. I also dislike players and coaches being involved because it is giving us a chance at a worse on field product from those teams. We need dedicated guys like Rich and Matty like every other pro sport does and save the players for on field/pit interviews.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:57 AM #69
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
I think we all appreciate him, but Matty is very very very good in doing the play by play for 8+ hours a day. It's hard to commentate all weekend and be likable and he crushes it every event.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:50 PM #70
AngelsNightmare
Wha happen?

AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AngelsNightmare supports Team VICIOUS
If NXL cancels the rest of the year Ironmen are series champs!
AngelsNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:48 PM #71
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L

plays in the NXL
Alpha Q Up posts videos on PbNation
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsNightmare View Post
If NXL cancels the rest of the year Ironmen are series champs!
LOL!!!!
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.