PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-13-2020, 10:30 AM #43
Dethediangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E99_Curt View Post
Yeah but most new viruses don't kill 10%+ of older folks or people with weakened immune systems (transplant recipients, people going through chemo, HIV+ individuals, etc). This one's bad enough that it will overwhelm the hospital systems if it spreads too quickly. Even though most people at an NXL event are not at much of a risk from it personally, the vast majority of the attendees do have someone in their lives that are at risk.
This is absolutely the reason. Flattening the infection curve is now the goal. For most people over the next 12-18 months its not a matter of if but when. And the more we can delay the better.
187 Crew "Leaf" Cs1 and "Crow" Cs1 2016
2016 Dynasty "Ancient Tomb" Cs1
2017 Clemson University Tigers Cs 1.5
2018 X-factor "Spiral" Cs2
2020 TMG Creature Creations Series
Dethediangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2020, 12:24 PM #44
FreakinJB

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
Itís just a new virus we havenít had a chance to build up immunities to.
So hide in your attic, donít get sick and build up immunities, but hide.
Foot in mouth candidate! Although we're all hoping you're right. So many factors at play.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:40 PM #45
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Yeah my mothers a transplant recipient, I just don’t go see her (same as flu season or anytime I’m sick in general)
Just gotta be smart guys. Hopefully we don’t have to feast on each other or fight to the death for tp.......cause I’ll straight stab a mf

Last edited by J.J.Strom : 03-13-2020 at 11:31 PM.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:16 PM #46
Sneak Miester
MadMouse with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
All major sports groups have suspended or cancelled. Illinois school sports are suspended until further notice. A lot of people are saying "the warming temperatures will help kill this off like the flu." Problem is this isnt a flu. Its more related to SARS. Don't expect this to be over anytime soon, although I did see that the Canadians announced they had a vaccine going into testing within hours of the NHL suspending the season. Motivation is key.
You sir sound like the most FACT informed. Because you are correct, I heard this morning a Dr. in Toronto was testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.Strom View Post
It’s just a new virus we haven’t had a chance to build up immunities to.
So hide in your attic, don’t get sick and build up immunities, but hide.
I believe this is your own opinion and NOT FACT

I work in health care with the elderly and immune compromised, and get daily facts about this.
- it is not an airborne virus, it is DROPLET AND SURFACE virus...they don’t know how long it can last on a surface at this point
- it affects people with compromised immune and respiratory issues
- symptoms are, high fever, dry cough, short of breath/breathing issues
- Covid 19 kills 1 in 100....the flu 1 in 1000

The key prevention......you all know this.....wash your hands and don’t touch your face until you wash your hand, keep your distance 3-6’ from people...ya I know. The virus is killed quite easily on surfaces using a milder cleanser. We use what’s called PC 1000...for Norwalk virus we use PC5000..just an comparison.
I heard China only reported 24 new cases....the curve is going down. I highly suggest to go on you local health site, they will have facts....oh and turn CNN off lol. Ok last I not an expert in this but I feel I know more then the average person so please check your local health web site.

Last edited by Sneak Miester : 03-13-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Sneak Miester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:36 PM #47
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Figured I’d just put this here.
https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw
Not cnn but still.

Last edited by J.J.Strom : 03-13-2020 at 10:49 PM.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:24 PM #48
rainman1988

45 days to Round Rock and still no decision on if its canceled or not.....
rainman1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.