Old 03-04-2020, 09:56 AM #22
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
I typically post those on Facebook (and have). However, life is busy and the Vegas post only happened after registration closed. This year they had 1 less xball team then last year (114 vs 115) excluding the pro teams and roughly 30% more 5-man teams (58 vs 45).

The more powerful message (at least for me) was the growth in the lower xball divisions.
D3: (2020) 37 vs (2019) 34
D4: (2020) 31 vs (2019) 21

5-man all division: (2020) 58 vs (2019) 45

The growth in the lower divisions and 5-man tells me that we have newer players coming up to replace the aging population of higher divisional players. Which hopefully means long term sustainability.
I'm hoping that continues but it just doesn't seem to be the same as it was back in the early 2000's. Granted living in Iowa it's never exactly been a hotbed of paintball players but from 2000-2005 I could if I wanted to play a 3 or a 5 man tournament every weekend of the month from St Patricks Day to Halloween that was a 2 hour drive away. Now I couldn't find one a month in that radius. We might have 2 a season in the whole state. Maybe there are more teams out there but we're not seeing as many local events.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2020, 09:06 PM #23
CoolChad
Papa Chad.

has been a member for 10 years
CoolChad plays in the PSP
CoolChad plays in the APPA D5 division
when will they accommodate me with a D7 division

my comic: Patreon.com/Offworlder
CoolChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:19 PM #24
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm hoping that continues but it just doesn't seem to be the same as it was back in the early 2000's. Granted living in Iowa it's never exactly been a hotbed of paintball players but from 2000-2005 I could if I wanted to play a 3 or a 5 man tournament every weekend of the month from St Patricks Day to Halloween that was a 2 hour drive away. Now I couldn't find one a month in that radius. We might have 2 a season in the whole state. Maybe there are more teams out there but we're not seeing as many local events.
I've also noticed a decline in local tournaments.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.