Old 01-10-2020, 04:51 AM #128
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

has been a member for 10 years
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow im hyped to see this. Im upset I didn't check it out at cup. I haven't shot a Macdev since the original Clone.

Whats the deal with the Macdev hate? I guess a lot of people haven't shot their markers yet, but make assertions anyways. Maybe its fanboyism. They were always known for having smooth shooting markers.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:28 AM #129
J.J.Strom
Slug Life #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Wow im hyped to see this. Im upset I didn't check it out at cup. I haven't shot a Macdev since the original Clone.

Whats the deal with the Macdev hate? I guess a lot of people haven't shot their markers yet, but make assertions anyways. Maybe its fanboyism. They were always known for having smooth shooting markers.
Just majorly underrepresented here in the states.
J.J.Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:18 AM #130
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post

I personally don't like the Prime at all, though I am all for more manufacturers making "high end" markers. Actually of all the current markers being shot by the pro's I'd put the Prime at the bottom of my list by a considerable margin. Objectively there is nothing wrong with it, just not what I like.

I'm glad they're getting more representation by US pro teams though. I'll keep an eye out and happily try any new markers they put out.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:56 PM #131
sense94

sense94 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
sense94 supports DLX Technology
sense94 supports Ninja Paintball
I like my prime that I've had and am glad they will have new grips. The other stuff is nice too like the new eyes, I view it more of creature comforts than performance upgrades. I just wish they'd say when they were shipping. It said late December but now it's almost mid January.
sense94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:18 PM #132
bracer028

Quote:
Originally Posted by sense94 View Post
I like my prime that I've had and am glad they will have new grips. The other stuff is nice too like the new eyes, I view it more of creature comforts than performance upgrades. I just wish they'd say when they were shipping. It said late December but now it's almost mid January.
What's so bad about the original grips? They are hard, yes, but its not bad.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:26 PM #133
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
The shipping delay was due to the grip supplier being behind. I heard grips arrived this week to complete assembly, so folks who preordered should be getting them very soon.

As for hate/misunderstanding/whatever, it's weird to me. But, I've been around a lot longer than a lot of these guys who just "blindly" hate or follow someone because someone told them to. I bought a first gen Cyborg in 2005, an 06 in 06, and an 07 in 08....so, I know MacDev. Let's not forget that not that long ago in ~2012, they had (IMO) the best poppet and spool available, the Cyborg RX and Clone GT/GTI.

I think a lot of the hate stems from misunderstanding, with the whole screen supplier issue (which they handled as well as anyone could), and people not taking the time to understand why they made certain design decisions as the industry evolved. I'm not saying MD is perfect and haven't made mistakes, but too many people don't take the time or don't have the capability to understand why certain decisions are made.

I'm looking forward to the first customer XTS reviews. I really like the improvements they've made to it and I bet this thing will feel wonderful in the hands.

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:29 PM #134
sense94

sense94 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
sense94 supports DLX Technology
sense94 supports Ninja Paintball
For me the original grips kept cracking I think I went through 4 pairs in about 2 years. They weren't bad, and some could have been used cracked but I'd rather just replace them. Of all the guns I've owned the prime is the one I always go back to when I need confidence in a gun to just work.
sense94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:53 PM #135
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
But, I've been around a lot longer than a lot of these guys who just "blindly" hate or follow someone because someone told them to. I bought a first gen Cyborg in 2005, an 06 in 06, and an 07 in 08....so, I know MacDev. Let's not forget that not that long ago in ~2012, they had (IMO) the best poppet and spool available, the Cyborg RX and Clone GT/GTI.
I've been around for a while as well, and I liked some of the older Clones. The Prime just doesn't make my pp happy.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:12 PM #136
Noa Bo
Igtofts

Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
@sense94, same here (kind of). The Prime has been seeing the most play time this winter and also been the best on paint after it’s been exposed to the cold and humidity- almost no barrel breaks, no breech breaks. Ergos work great for me as well, lanes are on point, snap shooting feels easier, running and gunning feels steadier. I’ve decided to use the XTS as my main shooter this year. The new features that attracted me the most are the new grips and all the changes to the eyes and that area in general.

The other minor updates look good and make sense as well. The Infinity Drive is legit. After watching plenty of Primes near me racking up high mileage and just continuing to work, that helped to instill confidence in me getting one again. And again, after a ton of use this winter it has become my favorite, it’s the one I look forward to using the most. Also I hear my XTS is being sent next week, probably towards the end of the week.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.