John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
G.i. Sportz Inc. Completes Restructuring, Now Known As Kore Outdoor Inc.

Iconic brands like JT, Empire, Tippmann, Vforce, Spyder, GI paint and more have actual paintball players at the helm once again.

Billy Ceranski is CEO and John Rathbun is the head of sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore Outdoor Inc.
PAINTBALL LEADER G.I. SPORTZ INC. COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING, NOW KNOWN AS KORE OUTDOOR INC.

Strengthened company to continue serving global paintball community under existing portfolio of brands

MONTREAL, December 1, 2020 – G.I. Sportz Inc., a global leader in the manufacturing of high-quality paintball products, today announced the completion of a restructuring process that has culminated in its sale to Kore Outdoor Inc. (“Kore”). Kore is a newly established entity owned by existing G.I. Sportz majority shareholder Fulcrum Capital Partners (“Fulcrum”), and shareholders that include members of the management team and Richmond Italia.

The restructuring under the Kore name is designed to strengthen the company and ensure uninterrupted service to its customers worldwide. Kore will continue to operate a portfolio of brands which includes G.I. Sportz, Empire, Tippman, Spyder, JT and VForce. Collectively, these brands comprise the world’s best-selling and most comprehensive suite of paintball products.

“We are very excited to complete this important process and turn our full attention to meeting the needs of the paintball community,” said Billy Ceranski, CEO of Kore. “We take our leadership position seriously and look forward to continuing to serve our customers with innovative and reliable products.”

“The establishment of Kore Outdoor sets the stage for long-term success as the world’s premier manufacturer and supplier of paintball products,” said Greg Collings, Chairman of Kore and a partner of Fulcrum. “We have helped optimize the operations and ensured that the team has the resources necessary to compete successfully and grow the business.”

Kore will continue to be run by the existing management team. In conjunction with the sale, G.I. Sportz President Billy Ceranski has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of Kore, G.I. Sportz Chief Financial Officer Paul Antoniadis has been appointed Senior Vice President and CFO of Kore, and Dave “Opie” Thomas will continue to serve as Chief Operating Officer.

For more information:

Paul Antoniadis, SVP and CFO

+1 514-339-1400 ext. 7727 pantoniadis@koreoutdoor.com

About Kore Outdoor Inc.

Kore Outdoor Inc., formerly known as G.I. Sportz, manufactures and distributes paintballs, markers and related accessories. Kore serves a worldwide customer base of paintball fields and stores. Kore is recognized as a global leader in the manufacturing of high-quality paintball products which are marketed to individuals at all levels of play, from entry level to competitive play market segments.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2020, 10:01 AM #2
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
What do you do again? I need to know how to address packages so I don’t mail the wrong person a glitter bomb or chocolate penis.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:29 AM #3
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Paul77 supports DLX Technology
So in one sentence they say GI is a brand and at the end they say Kore formerly known as GI.

So do we now get GI or Kore paintballs?

Powered By Powerhouse Regulators, DLX Luxe X, Pro-Shar Paintballs, Prairie Storm Paintball

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:02 AM #4
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Iconic brands like JT, Empire, Tippmann, Vforce, Spyder, GI paint and more have actual paintball players at the helm once again.

Billy Ceranski is CEO and John Rathbun is the head of sales.
These same clowns at the helm have always been at the helm and are the same ones that created that insane debt to build their conglomerate empire, then defaulted on the debt and kept on trucking like nothing happened.

With these continued guys in charge that care about nothing but bottom lines, paintball will continue to go downhill. No one cares about the sport and supporting it, they just look at what they can do this second to maximize their own profits and salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
So in one sentence they say GI is a brand and at the end they say Kore formerly known as GI.

So do we now get GI or Kore paintballs?

Still will be GI brand, but just now will likely have a KORE logo somewhere on it as well. But they are retaining all the IP and Trademarks.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:02 AM #5
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
There's enough GI branded product out there that it can become just a brand, rather than a brand in addition to being the company name. Paint and packs come particularly to mind.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:31 AM #6
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:46 AM #7
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
Kind of reminds me of my Freshman year of College. The Calculus teacher was also the Physics teacher. If you asked him a question about Physics while you were in Calc he'd tell you to ask your physics instructor.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:26 PM #8
PBSales

Sad this made the news feed. Only in paintball can you run a company into the ground, not pay your bills then brag that the people who did it, are still on board.
PBSales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:16 PM #9
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Sad this made the news feed. Only in paintball can you run a company into the ground, not pay your bills then brag that the people who did it, are still on board.
Not sure if I've ever agreed with another post more than I agree with this one. I feel for the companies that will get screwed in the process of the GI restructuring/settling. But hey, as long as players keep supporting these asshats, we'll see these same headlines every 3-5 years.

TRUST ME...
eBay (+904)
& PbNation (+61/-0) & MCB (+2/-0)
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM #10
NuckaMan

I do not know the inner details of what transpired within GI Sports, but looks to be a standard playbook. While they don't teach this with MBA schools, it's what major business climate has evolved to.

-Start a company
-Establish a market base
-Growth through acquisitions and mergers
-Keep up on monthly expenses to keep creditors at bay
-In the background, establish company 2.0
-When monthly expenses exceed income, push the restart button
-Shed debt by filing BK
-Sell holdings to company 2.0
-Restart the company under company 2.0 branding
-Rinse and repeat

Is it ethical? There is no ethics in business. It's either good (i.e. make money) business or bad (i.e. lose money). Nothing in between.

I am not saying I agree with this model, because I don't, nor is it sustainable, but it is what our capitalistic business environment has evolved to. At some point, something gotta give. But there is always "stimulus" money.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:30 PM #11
xmc1146

xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
I do not know the inner details of what transpired within GI Sports, but looks to be a standard playbook. While they don't teach this with MBA schools, it's what major business climate has evolved to.

-Start a company
-Establish a market base
-Shed debt by filing BK
-Rinse and repeat

Is it ethical? There is no ethics in business. It's either good (i.e. make money) business or bad (i.e. lose money). Nothing in between.

I am not saying I agree with this model, because I don't, nor is it sustainable, but it is what our capitalistic business environment has evolved to. At some point, something gotta give. But there is always "stimulus" money.

You hit the home run! That's a legal business "malpractice" and these crooks knows it works because has been working since the Obama era. I remember my friend educating me to do this and it's legal. You can actually make more money on losing your business than actually making it.
He said you dont want to make it because you'll be in bed debt and taxes!
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 06:49 PM #12
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Oh you think that's just happening in Paintball? This seems like it's business 101.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:44 AM #13
Darth Ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
You hit the home run! That's a legal business "malpractice" and these crooks knows it works because has been working since the Obama era. I remember my friend educating me to do this and it's legal. You can actually make more money on losing your business than actually making it.
He said you dont want to make it because you'll be in bed debt and taxes!
How long ago do you think Obama was president? I know it sounds like a different era, like when presidents weren't embarrassments but it was just 4 years ago.

This business practice has been going on for decades. It's not new. The internet just makes it less easy to hide.
Darth Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:59 AM #14
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
haters gonna hate.

I don't think everything is quite the way it appears. In fact, I know its not the way many are portraying it to be.

They didn't go looking for this - an opportunity presented itself - the US Government and Covid played a role in the overall process. It worked out for them as a corporation and their debtor.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:06 PM #15
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
haters gonna hate.

I don't think everything is quite the way it appears. In fact, I know its not the way many are portraying it to be.

They didn't go looking for this - an opportunity presented itself - the US Government and Covid played a role in the overall process. It worked out for them as a corporation and their debtor.
I remember conversation taking place many months ago about the state of GI.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:34 AM #16
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

-Start a company
-Establish a market base
-Shed debt by filing BK
-Rinse and repeat

[/i]
You forgot a step: Establish pricing way below industry standards to put everyone out of business, while losing money on said product for multiple years, then "Restablish" a new pricing structure under the new company where now every field is paying too much for their paint for the field owners to make a decent margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
haters gonna hate.

They didn't go looking for this? What about knowingly selling your biggest product at near cost or even a loss for multiple years while your company hemorrhages money and accumulates massive liabilities? They did a classic grow and blow business method.

They accumulated massive debt in order to fund a huge and aggressive market expansion to essentially own the space, then they copped out on the debt, claimed bankruptcy, restructured, and kept all the assets and IP at pennies on the dollar while everyone else is left holding the bags.

It should be standard law practice that any and all debt solvencies require a total sale and dismantling of the business.

I mean, did anyone else even have the chance to bid or offer on the existing business? Or did the consultants in Italias pocket that were "managing" the transition of assets just give him the business for pennies?
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:55 AM #17
JohnSherman
Decade of ****posting

Quote:
Everyone is perfectly capable of hating both the players and the game. The ownership class is benefitting from a system that lets them fail upwards while their workers take the brunt of their stupid decisions.

Eat the rich.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:13 PM #18
North Shore Shooter

Well as we all know, just because GI now KORE, own these respective companies like JT, EMPIRE, TIPPMANN, VFORCE, SPYDER, etc, it still remains up to these companies to produce good quality. Which in some ways they have.
Yes, GI has done some things that seem shady and as some point out as being petty and greedy. But at the end of the day, unfortunately business is business. And not ever company is going to get like DYE, PE, etc.

And at the end of it all, GI has done a lot of good with the bad, they're just as dedicated in promoting this sport and they do have great Team Sponsors next to DYE, PLANET ECLIPSE, etc.

You can hate them but why make the companies suffer for ones own dislike. Its not JT, EMPIRE, TIPPMANN, VFORCE fault for how business is done by GI.
Whether anyone agrees or not, this great sport needs these companies, because having options at different price ranges means this sport can continue to thrive compared to losing them.
North Shore Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 05:58 PM #19
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
Who ?

Smart Parts 3.0.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:14 PM #20
Skipdogg

KORE. so like, it'll be rotten to the KORE? thats got a better ring to it than GI.
Still a scumbag company though. Cant change that just by changing names. This CORE will rot out just like other scumbag paintball companies do. This one will have the pleasure of doing it 3 times. Kinda makes you wonder....hmmm. why is this company more scumbag than any other has ever been.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:10 AM #21
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
They didn't go looking for this? What about knowingly selling your biggest product at near cost or even a loss for multiple years while your company hemorrhages money and accumulates massive liabilities? They did a classic grow and blow business method.

They accumulated massive debt in order to fund a huge and aggressive market expansion to essentially own the space, then they copped out on the debt, claimed bankruptcy, restructured, and kept all the assets and IP at pennies on the dollar while everyone else is left holding the bags.

It should be standard law practice that any and all debt solvencies require a total sale and dismantling of the business.

I mean, did anyone else even have the chance to bid or offer on the existing business? Or did the consultants in Italias pocket that were "managing" the transition of assets just give him the business for pennies?
I agree that's what it looks like for certain - but based on conversations I've had that is not exactly how it went down. I stand by my previous statements - they didn't go looking for this.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.