PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2021, 08:51 PM #2668
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
With fusion 360 and a 3d printer much can be done.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2021, 06:02 AM #2669
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

What's stopping you?

DYE
Old 06-03-2021, 12:16 PM #2670
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
With fusion 360 and a 3d printer much can be done.
That's the combo I use. It's crazy how convenient my little printer is. Need a stand for this? Printed. Need a clip for that? Printed. Want a full scale buster sword from final fantasy 7? Done.

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:26 PM #2671
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Lol, I printed new wheels for my grill a while back. I have a QIDI xmax and it has been my favorite printer to date. I also have a little resin printer with a resin heater that I use sometimes as well.

DYE
Old 06-03-2021, 02:24 PM #2672
Intern1

Intern1 is Legendary
I have a creality cr-10 mini. Once I printer the sword a bunch of my friends started asking for me to print them other props/cosplay stuff, but my print bed is a little too small to print most of the stuff they want. I would have to slice everything up in a bunch of pieces and fuse them together after.

Old 06-03-2021, 02:37 PM #2673
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

That's a solid printer too. I like it. Honestly, you can get great prints out of a lot of budget printers.

DYE
Old 06-03-2021, 02:57 PM #2674
Intern1

Intern1 is Legendary
I really like my printer. I've had no issues with it. I literally just unboxed it and started printing and I have had zero issues. A lot of people recommend upgrading the extruder to aluminum and upgrading he bowden tubing and fittings as well, but I'm going on over a year and have put over 100 hours on my printer and never had an issue.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:09 PM #2675
romanlynch

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
What's stopping you?
Partially excuses. I'm "not allowed" to play anymore cause it costs money. With my work schedule tho I don't really have the time anyways. My main daydreams on my 40ish min drive to work are of (don't laugh) buying a 2014 Hyundai genesis sedan r-spec and starting to make parts for that. Suspension bits, header, intake mani, would love to crack the ecu/tcm for tuning purposes. There is practically no aftermarket support for the sedans but there is a want for parts.
romanlynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:57 PM #2676
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Intern, that's awesome dude. I have no clue how many hours are on my printer, but I had to replace the power supply recently. QIDI actually sent me a new one for free which was pretty cool.

Nah man, I get it. If I am being perfectly honest with you... I don't care about "stuff" really at all anymore. Like, I design and make stuff and that's cool, but I find other things far more fulfilling and I'd say those things have become my hobbies.

DYE
Old 06-04-2021, 01:45 PM #2677
Toddles
Stuff

Toddles is a Supporting Member
Toddles supports Ninja Paintball
That's good to hear that things are going well with life and school, John.
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:51 AM #2678
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Thanks Todd. You teaching any summer courses? Also, do you have the ability to buy any 9mm ammo?

DYE
Old 06-05-2021, 09:20 PM #2679
Toddles
Stuff

Don't have any summer courses, just research projects, new course prep, and dad's house building. I also have two overloads in the fall, so I have 5 classes instead of the standard 3.

I haven't bought any factory ammo since early 2020, I've been reloading. It looks like some of the major online vendors have some supply shaking loose now, but prices are still terribad.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:41 PM #2680
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
Don't have any summer courses, just research projects, new course prep, and dad's house building. I also have two overloads in the fall, so I have 5 classes instead of the standard 3.

I haven't bought any factory ammo since early 2020, I've been reloading. It looks like some of the major online vendors have some supply shaking loose now, but prices are still terribad.
That's a lot. I taught 4 classes my first semester and it was a ton of work. When I finish school, I'd maybe consider teaching a couple of courses online, but that's about the max for me.

Yeah, reloads are sweet, but we can't even find the stuff to do that. I have a buddy supposed to grab me a bunch of 9mm ammo in Utah.

DYE
Old 06-08-2021, 01:58 PM #2681
Toddles
Stuff

Yea, the primer game is hilarious right now -- especially with how retailers are trying to combat bots. The one that made me giggle the most is Powder Valley set up a primer drop that you had to have one of their can koozies added to your card before it would let you add the primers -- but some of the more popular colors went OOS before people could complete their orders. But I are smartz and added the ugliest one to my cart in anticipation.

In any event, is there a reason you can't order ammo online? It looks like some stuff is now falling back below the 50 cpr mark https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger
Old 06-09-2021, 11:19 AM #2682
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

If I'm being honest... I didn't think about it. I have a little ammo now, but I won't make this mistake again once ammo is available again.

DYE
Old 06-10-2021, 03:52 PM #2683
Toddles
Stuff

Correct, *always* have some stash. Ammo and primers are a hilariously volatile commodity.
Old Today, 07:49 AM #2684
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

I've never done reloads, but my buddy has a Hornady reload station where it's semi-automated... I'll just grab primers next time as well.

DYE
Old Today, 12:44 PM #2685
Toddles
Stuff

Reloading pistol is relatively easy compared to rifle, and the brass lasts pretty much forever. I only have a single stage press right now, in the future I might buy a Dillon *shrug*