Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-17-2021, 07:17 PM #1
Kev Kaniff

Want to do Victor II build, need suggestions!

I found this turd in my closet, probably been there 15+ years. I’ve seen other old Spyder builds turned into cockers and timmys and stuff. Not sure I’m ready to tackle that yet but I’m looking for another project. Not really interested in a pump although I’ve seen some nice ones. I’m putting the finishing touches on my mech ion build and was wondering how I can now transform this victor. Don’t care about cost. It was my first ever marker so it’s sentimental. I don’t expect to fry dudes at the field shooting geos and luxes and stuff like that, just wanna modernize this thing a bit. Maybe I’ll consider some fabrication work if the right idea comes along. I’m starting with the barrel. Got a Spyder threaded freak back that’s in the mail as we speak. What do y’all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5274D52E-ECE3-47AB-8281-9036BFD3D891.jpeg (1.35 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by Kev Kaniff : 03-17-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Kev Kaniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2021, 08:48 PM #2
Mechgyver
No batteries.

With Spyders the possibilities are endless. The first thing I would do is to change the frame to a metal one though.
Mechgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:36 PM #3
Kev Kaniff

I agree. The plastic one is sorta becoming fragile after all of these years, I’ve seen them crack pretty badly. I kicked off this project by picking up a cheap parts gun to get the bolt, hammer, springs, etc. Found a clamping feedneck in the graveyard at my local field. And I found a Spyder threaded stainless freak back to give it some much needed accuracy in the barrel department. I also found somebody with an old pilot e trigger and I think I want to drop it in here. This is what I got so far.

Last edited by Kev Kaniff : 03-30-2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:06 AM #4
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

I didn’t post initially because you didn’t really set any criteria for suggestions and, honestly, the sky is the limit. Are you wanting to keep it blowback? Full ep and FASOR are both viable options. A spimmy setup is easy and can be cheap but then you’re only really keeping the body, feed neck and barrel. If you’re wanting to stick with blowback, the VS series valve setup is nice.

I’m partial to straight ASAs but if you’re running CO2 the angle does help with keeping liquid CO2 out.

Here’s a polarizing opinion: I always liked the ACS bolt when eyes weren’t an option but if you keep it mech, it’s probably not needed.

Without knowing your use-case or goals, I’m just kinda throwing **** at the wall wondering if something will stick.
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:38 PM #5
Kev Kaniff

I’ll be running HPA. Thinking of abandoning mech and going electric. I wonder if I drop an e trigger assembly off an old pilot if it will work and basically be plug and play? The front block is throwing me through a loop though, I can’t see how a reg could be mounted and connected to the braided hose. I’ve never had good luck with macroline and the braided SS line is growing on me. Also I’m not a fan of the offset bolt pattern for the ASA and wanna explore an on/off, so that’s going too. Also I’ve read about making a low pressure conversion. Not sure what the pros/cons of that are but I’m up for exploring. It’s also unclear what parts are compatible with this marker. I’ll need some guidance there if y’all would be so kind. Sorry this is a lot and I’m rambling now lol
Old 04-22-2021, 07:05 PM #6
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

You can absolutely go with an E frame. Post a picture or link to anything you’re not sure is compatible, I’m sure there’s someone who can provide feedback.

The front block is a simple one- replace it with one that has standard ASA threads. Trinity is a company that sold them.

You’re not going to be able to use the stock braided SS line with an aftermarket regulator and/or ASA, it’s a metric thread whereas aftermarket parts are a standard 1/4 NPT thread. Odds are your prior issues with macro line are user error. Give it another shot and post here if you run into issues again.

The offset ASA bolt pattern is what it is. You’ll have to find an adaptor on the 2nd hand market.

Going for a low pressure setup is basically reducing the pressure but increasing the flow and dwell time
Pros: gentler on paint, smoother cycling (think recoil,) not as loud
Cons: it’s a lot of work, you may never get it running right, cost (lots of parts)
There are tons of old threads that go into detail on how to do it and what parts you’ll want. Because the PBN search function is buggered, start with the stickies then use Google’s “site:” search function as needed.

Everything I’ve covered in this post has been discussed in great detail in prior threads. If you can find them they’ll be a treasure trove of information.
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:15 AM #7
YaBoiGotTheBalls

Any updates??
YaBoiGotTheBalls is offline   Reply With Quote