Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 12-16-2020, 05:24 PM #64
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
After listen to Matt and Matt talk on go sports last night. Sounds like AC could be losing more players.

Sounds like the rumor of Matt almost leaving for Impact last year was semi true, Matt and Dave have been talking about this for a couple years and TJ was doing the same with Xfactor, incase they needed a exit from AC.

Also I read somewhere yesterday that JRab maybe retiring, Anyone got any dirt on this?
It would be very sad to see him leave the game, but he has been at it a long time.

Anyone know if Arod is staying with Impact or was that just for World Cup?
I think the real question that we all need answered is...which team will Greg siewers be playing for next year?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2020, 08:53 PM #65
wdpballa4life
WDP for life

has been a member for 10 years
the NXL is like the NBA, there are a handful of teams that can win it all, and a few shockers that can get deep. I wish they could be more NFL, but the money for all 20 teams honestly just isn't there, and i don't see the big money companies coming back anytime soon. its why divisional play is so interesting, they are so hungry to move up

VETERAN MILITIA
wdpballa4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:58 AM #66
painter4life05
cixelsyd

painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
painter4life05 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdpballa4life View Post
the NXL is like the NBA, there are a handful of teams that can win it all, and a few shockers that can get deep. I wish they could be more NFL, but the money for all 20 teams honestly just isn't there, and i don't see the big money companies coming back anytime soon. its why divisional play is so interesting, they are so hungry to move up
I wish they would take the pros back down to 16 or 12, consolidate the talent and reduce the number of blow outs.

PUMP OT B.Y.O.L.B.

OG Feedback 45+
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:02 AM #67
chevota

chevota owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I think the real question that we all need answered is...which team will Greg siewers be playing for next year?

LMAO good one, but very true.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:37 AM #68
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
I wish they would take the pros back down to 16 or 12, consolidate the talent and reduce the number of blow outs.
100%

I keep hearing the argument that "more pro teams, means more pro teams in each region for players to strive to play for"

But, most of the teams are all pretty focused in very specific regions and huge population centers like the East coast have basically no pro teams.

And even with the above argument I keep seeing, why would have more really bad pro teams help paintball? Id rather see all teams be competitive and solid than have a ****ty pro team near me.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:50 PM #69
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Fox4paintball is a Moderator
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
100%
But, most of the teams are all pretty focused in very specific regions and huge population centers like the East coast have basically no pro teams.
Humm...

Tampa Bay Damage
New York Extreme
Baltimore Revo
NRG Elite
LVL (Stretch to call east coast?)
TMG Outlaws (Stretch to call east coast?)

Now, if you said Northeast and then maybe "In the top 4" you'd have an argument - but I'd say that 30%+ of the pro teams are on the east coast - if you take out the two stretch teams you're at 20%.
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:39 PM #70
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Humm...

Tampa Bay Damage
New York Extreme
Baltimore Revo
NRG Elite

Now, if you said Northeast and then maybe "In the top 4" you'd have an argument - but I'd say that 30%+ of the pro teams are on the east coast - if you take out the two stretch teams you're at 20%.
There's plenty of East Coast teams. The dead zone for pro teams is once you get west of the Mississippi there's nothing until you hit the west coast except for Texas. Depending on where you say Aftermath is from (Chicago or San Diego) That stretches even further. Lets just say for arguments sake Aftermath is a San Diego, I'm 450 miles from the nearest pro team before Vicious blew up I could drive to Omaha pretty easy on the weekend to get a few points in since it was only 2 hours away from me at the time. Ft Wayne is a 7 hour drive one way. Paintball in the Midwest is basically dead if you want to get on some points against a high level NXL team. The guys on the coasts have nothing to complain about.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:36 PM #71
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
There is not a single player on Aftermath whos CA based, they are all midwest.

New Orleans Hurricanes are a top Semi-Pro team.

Infamous is based out of Wisconsin, they have a whole camp there spanning multiple divisions.

Blastcamp out of Indiana, Carolina Crisis. TCP out of Michigan, CEP out of Tennessee.

You're basically complaining about OK(now that vicious is gone), Arkansas, the Dakotas, Kansas and Iowa. People on the coasts forget those are even states if we're being honest.

There's plenty of high level paintball all over the place. If youre in a state like Arkansas or Iowa and are complaining about the lack of paintball, then thats a YOU issue for living in that state/area.

Last edited by Oc_rage : 12-18-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Oc_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:48 PM #72
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post

Infamous is based out of Wisconsin, they have a whole camp there spanning multiple divisions.

You're basically complaining about OK(now that vicious is gone), Arkansas, the Dakotas, Kansas and Iowa. People on the coasts forget those are even states if we're being honest.

There's plenty of high level paintball all over the place. If youre in a state like Arkansas or Iowa and are complaining about the lack of paintball, then thats a YOU issue for living in that state/area.
I'm not necessarily complaining about a lack of high level competition in Iowa or the rest of the Midwest, I'm just saying if you live on one of the coasts and you're complaining about that you're a moron. There are plenty of chances to go out and rub elbows with the pros on the weekend of that's what you want. Personally I don't have any interest in doing anything but play a couple 10 man events a year with my buddies and taking my kids out to play some rec ball occasionally anymore. Now it used to better for sure, when I was in college I could play in a 3-man tournament or better every weekend of the month from the beginning of April to the end of October and drive less than 3 hours to get there. That just doesn't exist in the Midwest anymore. Sure I could move but the other things I like about it makes up for the lack of competitive paintball around here.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:22 PM #73
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

Blastcamp out of Indiana, Carolina Crisis. TCP out of Michigan, CEP out of Tennessee.

I live in Chicago and compared to the west coast and east coast, the Midwest is hands down the weakest area for paintball in the country. I don’t know what it is, can’t blame it on the weather because the upper half of the east coast gets bad weather. Transitioning from indoor fields to outdoor fields was always a struggle back in the day. You’d spend the entire winter in the ghetto, practicing at indoors chicago land paintball where there’s fist fights and drugs, where you can’t communicate well, no wind to practice with so once you hit the fields, playing with any sort of wind is a huge throwoff, it’s really different. Not to mention the turf was nearly jet black due to all the oil. You needed ice skates to play in that place.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:59 PM #74
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:

The only people I’ve seen from Infamous in Wisconsin ever is Cody Micowski. Now that Boom left and looks like Aftermath is gone back west. There is 1 semi pro team in the Chicagoland area. It’s also pretty dumb to say it’s your problem for living there. Most people who play paintball are not going to change their life around for it.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:24 PM #75
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
I live in Chicago and compared to the west coast and east coast, the Midwest is hands down the weakest area for paintball in the country. I don’t know what it is, can’t blame it on the weather because the upper half of the east coast gets bad weather. Transitioning from indoor fields to outdoor fields was always a struggle back in the day. You’d spend the entire winter in the ghetto, practicing at indoors chicago land paintball where there’s fist fights and drugs, where you can’t communicate well, no wind to practice with so once you hit the fields, playing with any sort of wind is a huge throwoff, it’s really different. Not to mention the turf was nearly jet black due to all the oil. You needed ice skates to play in that place.
I remember driving up to Chicago a couple times every winter back in the day. 15-20 years ago the scene was pretty good I thought. Sure it wasn’t SoCal good but it wasn’t hard to find good teams to play against. The Scorpions, Spank and my old team Legacy won a bunch of trophies at some big tournaments plus you could always go up and get your *** kicked by the old Aftershock guys most any weekend you wanted. I quit playing when my first kid was born and just stopped paying attention for about 10 years. When I started poking around and thinking about playing again I couldn’t believe how dead things got.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:20 PM #76
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
The Chicagoland, the Midwest in general, has an unbelievable talent pool. Just need someone to be able to take the reins and build up a serious program.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:01 PM #77
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Quote:
I remember driving up to Chicago a couple times every winter back in the day. 15-20 years ago the scene was pretty good I thought. Sure it wasn’t SoCal good but it wasn’t hard to find good teams to play against. The Scorpions, Spank and my old team Legacy won a bunch of trophies at some big tournaments plus you could always go up and get your *** kicked by the old Aftershock guys most any weekend you wanted. I quit playing when my first kid was born and just stopped paying attention for about 10 years. When I started poking around and thinking about playing again I couldn’t believe how dead things got.
Yup. Sure as hell isnt the same back when we had aftershock and Strange around, or even legend, avalanche and vicious. Even Mutinity was Midwest based at one point. Aftershock and strange were both powerhouse teams during the early day’s of the NXL, and aftershock was one of the very first championship teams in history. Most of those teams folded and the rest was history. Like nick said below, I agree actually. Midwest lacks a solid amount of decent programs, especially now that boom is no more.

Last edited by Trevor the great : 12-18-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:40 AM #78
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Humm...

Tampa Bay Damage
New York Extreme
Baltimore Revo
NRG Elite

By east coast teams I mean the Mid Atlantic region essentially since the majority of population is there for paintball players.

Damage is Florida/South.

Ive been playing on the East coast for nearly 20 years and have not physically seen the Revo pro team at a field since they were in the low divisional, no idea where they play or practice, all the times Ive been at Topgun I never have seen them outside of a few of them at classic events.

LVL deff not east coast

TMG deff not east coast.

And NRG is quite new and seems pretty much limited to a single field and location as a team. Most Mid Atlantic players in the major zones of Jersey and Maryland wont really drive 5 hours to see them.

The major east coast paintball hub of NJ/MD hasnt had a pro team in a long time and this region in general is a dead zone for rising up the ranks anymore because there is basically no one to get in tournaments above D3 around here, and no pro teams consistently out to play, learn, and get noticed by.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:11 AM #79
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
The Chicagoland, the Midwest in general, has an unbelievable talent pool. Just need someone to be able to take the reins and build up a serious program.
The way I look at it is if Des Moines can put together a decent D2 squad then then there is no reason the right person couldn’t put together at a minimum a serious semi-pro team in St Louis, KC, Omaha or Chicago. It’s just going to take the right person to step up and put in the work to recruit the players and secure the funding.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:56 AM #80
dm5n6
REVO

dm5n6 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
dm5n6 plays in the APPA Pro division
Revo was based out of taneytown md and the baltimore area since like 2008-2009. around the time the 187 merged happed is when it got split up between taneytown and up at fox4. I believe the team now doesnt really have a home field but just has connections to practice where it benefits the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
By east coast teams I mean the Mid Atlantic region essentially since the majority of population is there for paintball players.

Damage is Florida/South.

Ive been playing on the East coast for nearly 20 years and have not physically seen the Revo pro team at a field since they were in the low divisional, no idea where they play or practice, all the times Ive been at Topgun I never have seen them outside of a few of them at classic events.

LVL deff not east coast

TMG deff not east coast.

And NRG is quite new and seems pretty much limited to a single field and location as a team. Most Mid Atlantic players in the major zones of Jersey and Maryland wont really drive 5 hours to see them.

The major east coast paintball hub of NJ/MD hasnt had a pro team in a long time and this region in general is a dead zone for rising up the ranks anymore because there is basically no one to get in tournaments above D3 around here, and no pro teams consistently out to play, learn, and get noticed by.
Chris Lloyd #07
dm5n6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:09 PM #81
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
That is how it is now, the MW has produced some of the most EPIC teams and players. I DO AGREE, I want to help rebuild the MW and I was doing what I could to make that happen.
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:13 PM #82
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
The only people I’ve seen from Infamous in Wisconsin ever is Cody Micowski. Now that Boom left and looks like Aftermath is gone back west. There is 1 semi pro team in the Chicagoland area. It’s also pretty dumb to say it’s your problem for living there. Most people who play paintball are not going to change their life around for it.
There will be "PRO" teams from the MW and there are also MULTIPLE choices for camps that have ties to PRO players and as far as I'm concerned if your coach isnt or hasnt played pro before, and you are treading water year after year, maybe its time for a change. Oh and Jonah Jamroz also is from WI and on Infamous but you are right few MW players on Infamous. but WI Infamous is retooling for 2021
Old 12-19-2020, 03:14 PM #83
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
SO TRUE...
Old 12-19-2020, 03:16 PM #84
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
The way I look at it is if Des Moines can put together a decent D2 squad then then there is no reason the right person couldn’t put together at a minimum a serious semi-pro team in St Louis, KC, Omaha or Chicago. It’s just going to take the right person to step up and put in the work to recruit the players and secure the funding.
There is a Serious Semi pro team now Two again in the MW for Sure
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.