PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2021, 03:02 PM #85
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
Lesser in what way? The core barrel is essentially a UL barrel vs the UL-S (which is longer). It's really not "lesser" in any meaningful way.

DYE
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2021, 03:50 PM #86
NostalgicDan

Just got my DSR+ ordered from Dye and am excited to get my hands on it. An adjustable SFR is a cool addition, I also enjoy the spaced out ergonomics. I have an m3s so the lack of slap asa does not bother me, the lever has never been an aggravation. The smooth shot of the DSR has been noted everywhere and I have often had the "what if's" in regards to me getting the m3 before a dsr. I am happy to have both added to the stable.

Last edited by NostalgicDan : 09-14-2021 at 03:55 PM.
NostalgicDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:51 PM #87
emopunker2004

has been a member for 10 years
emopunker2004 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
emopunker2004 supports Bob Gurnsey
emopunker2004 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
No mech option?
emopunker2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:53 PM #88
pbking316
Evil Wins

plays in the NXL
Mech is coming soon only fits the DSR+ billywing just showed one on facebook live
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM #89
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Yes, mech is coming. We want a specific feel to the trigger without a lot of compromise in the function, so we're doing something totally unique.

The new ASA lever on the DSR+ is compatible with other ASAs that use the smaller lever. You push the bottom fin until it sits flush at the bottom of the ASA. It helps ensure people are snapping them into place and is stronger overall.

DYE
Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM #90
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

plays in the NXL
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Yes, mech is coming. We want a specific feel to the trigger without a lot of compromise in the function, so we're doing something totally unique.

The new ASA lever on the DSR+ is compatible with other ASAs that use the smaller lever. You push the bottom fin until it sits flush at the bottom of the ASA. It helps ensure people are snapping them into place and is stronger overall.
Do you know if they will sell a mech only version of the gun when it's ready? I'm honestly not that interested in it aside from being mech.

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM #91
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D2 division
John are you back with Dye now? I don't come on here as often as I used to. This DSR+ turns me on however!
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM #92
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Do you know if they will sell a mech only version of the gun when it's ready? I'm honestly not that interested in it aside from being mech.
Sorry, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
John are you back with Dye now? I don't come on here as often as I used to. This DSR+ turns me on however!
Yessir. I am back with DYE! I had some personal stuff that I needed an office environment to help me get through, but I'm good now and happy to be back in the industry.

DYE
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM #93
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

plays in the NXL
Hell yea!! Glad that you're back with them! It was tough to tell but this DSR+ doesn't come with the "flex can"?

Edit: Looking closer it sure doesn't look like it does.. Would it work and have the same effect as the first DSR? I thought the can made a bigger difference than the bolt. But perhaps the SFR eliminates the need for the flex can?

Last edited by Cnoddings0364 : Yesterday at 10:12 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM #94
jubsz

Looking good overall. I'll be curious to learn more about the new trigger setup and if it has a more positive feel. That was one of my complaints with the original. Is it still spring return?

Is there actually more space between the trigger guard and front grip? It did not appear so or explicitly list it as a feature.

SFR is pretty cool and unexpected. If the Spent PGA anno comes back, I may have to buy.
jubsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM #95
pbking316
Evil Wins

plays in the NXL
The bolt and can are different! I suggest watching dye's latest tech video for more info. The bolt flow path has a smaller opening initially which I imagine gives a better shot. Also it has an SFR! it is under the grips tho to adjust it so i haven't seen any videos of that feature yet. SFR is coolest new feature imo but it sucks that the grips gotta come off to mess with it
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM #96
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

plays in the NXL
Hopefully it's one of those things where you just have to set it once and be done. I know the Geo sometimes having the ability to change that on the fly is the difference between bolt stick and a clear shot.
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM #97
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
Hell yea!! Glad that you're back with them! It was tough to tell but this DSR+ doesn't come with the "flex can"?

Edit: Looking closer it sure doesn't look like it does.. Would it work and have the same effect as the first DSR? I thought the can made a bigger difference than the bolt. But perhaps the SFR eliminates the need for the flex can?
The flex can has been replaced with the FLEX SFR. By moving it to the solenoid, we can allow adjustment on the positive side (adding air to move the bolt forward) whilst maintaining solid exhaust (through a dedicated path).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubsz View Post
Looking good overall. I'll be curious to learn more about the new trigger setup and if it has a more positive feel. That was one of my complaints with the original. Is it still spring return?

Is there actually more space between the trigger guard and front grip? It did not appear so or explicitly list it as a feature.

SFR is pretty cool and unexpected. If the Spent PGA anno comes back, I may have to buy.
The trigger guard was moved so there is, in fact, more spacing with the foregrip. The trigger shape makes a tremendous difference and I'd be shocked if we don't sell quite a few for the original DSR.

As for putting the SFR under the grip... that was done on purpose. 1) We didn't really want people to be tempted to cheat by putting their fingers over the hole for chrono or moving that around in-game. Additionally, the air path is very clean with the current location and the upper and lower adjustment limits should reduce the odds of bolt stick throughout the range. Removing an oring from the bolt also reduces drag and seems to reduce FSDO further. The bolt porting makes for a better feeling shot (IMO), so the adjustment isn't quite as pronounced but it is noticeable.

DYE
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM #98
jubsz

Very cool and I think I like the idea of the SFR hidden for aesthetic purposes anyways.

I do have a suggestion for overall packaging. I think it would make sense for the anno'd markers to come with the UL-S barrel tip. Even if it's a slight upcharge, someone who bought an anno is likely looking for the nicest overall package and just prefers the DSR platform. If I do end up buying a new one, I'd likely buy anno'd, but I just spent all this money on a full UL-S/CF-S kit. I'd love to use my fancy carbon backs with a matching UL-S tip to the marker. There's really no other way to replicate that than having it sold with the marker from the same batch.
jubsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM #99
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

That's probably not a bad suggestion - I'd recommend calling sales and talking to them. On the engineering side, it's quite easy to change the BOM.

DYE
Old Today, 11:18 AM #100
jubba

jubba is playing at Living Legends VIII
I am completely blown away by all the improvements made to the DSR. Wonderful job to everyone at Dye on taking a great marker and making even better in every way. Looking forward to what else Dye is working on for future releases. Selling off some of my collection and saving up for a DSR +, but not buying one until after extravaganza just in case a M4 comes out then.
jubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM #101
cellophane303

Annual Supporting Member
Does it use the same battery harness? Getting the harness wire installed and sitting properly after replacement is probably my single biggest complaint with the original DSR.
cellophane303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:06 PM #102
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubba View Post
until after extravaganza just in case a M4 comes out then.
I don't think that will be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellophane303 View Post
Does it use the same battery harness? Getting the harness wire installed and sitting properly after replacement is probably my single biggest complaint with the original DSR.
As far as I know, yes. I've honestly never heard this complaint before.

DYE
Old Today, 01:21 PM #103
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubba View Post
I am completely blown away by all the improvements made to the DSR. Wonderful job to everyone at Dye on taking a great marker and making even better in every way. Looking forward to what else Dye is working on for future releases. Selling off some of my collection and saving up for a DSR +, but not buying one until after extravaganza just in case a M4 comes out then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I don't think that will be the case.
World Cup this year?????????????

Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 PM #104
Cnoddings0364
Paintsieg

plays in the NXL
First impressions video uploading meow. 2 minutes and it should be live.
Old Today, 03:27 PM #105
ironyusa
John - conscious paradox

Why did it shoot perfect for you and break for the other dude? + is faster.

DYE