Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2021, 07:59 PM #1
LL-Slayer

Protective Gear?

So taking my 10 and 11 year old out. Planning on having them take a couple a-5s to avoid any issue with electronics. I have to get all new tanks (mine are way out of hydro). Planning on getting some peanut 4500s (45 or 50). They'll be with me so will have pods for long on field time.

The question I have is not so much about the actual paintball gear but the protective gear. Chest protectors? Throat wraps? etc?

Like any recommendation.

Sam
LL-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2021, 06:49 PM #2
LL-Slayer

Just thought I would bump this one time to see if anyone has a recommendation.

Sam
LL-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:21 AM #3
cyberpyr8
Instagram:@evil_paintball

has been a member for 10 years
cyberpyr8 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Vests might be helpful. At least it will make them feel safer (see more about that below). Gloves are probably more important since we all know getting shot in the hands hurts. Throat protection is ok but the vest on smaller kids covers them pretty well and I don't see much use for them. Most kids I have seen on the field just have vests.

My kids I didn't start with vests. Vests sometime give a false sense of security and if they get shot outside the vest, they will get hurt and not be willing to go back out. If they don't have vests, they get hit and get used to it. I watch kids come out with vests on and as soon as they get hit outside the vest they start crying and don't want to play again. Just been my experience with my 4 boys and others at the field. If they are going to go out once or twice a year then give them a vest but if you hope to play regularly I would say don't start with vests. Maybe a couple of layers instead.
Markers: PE Emek w/FLE | Etha 2 w/FLE | Punisher XLS #19 | Proto Rize Maxxed | Classic Automag | Gog eNMy
Gear: 16" Sly Barrel Kit | [2] 48/4500 Tanks | Splash and Black/Gray CTRL Hoppers
Clothing: CRBN X Push Masks | Exalt Bounce Cap | Push/CK/Hype Headbands | Carbon SC Shirt
| CK 2021 REMUS Pants (Winter) | CK Halen Joggers (Summer) | Salomon XA Pro 3D Shoes | Exalt Death Grip Gloves | Jerseys Clinic 2021 HyperLight Jersey | HK Eject Fire Pod Pack
Extra Weight: Akaso V50 Pro SE Camera and Case | HK Mask Mounts | PE Rolling Bag | Guru Gun Stands | Mad Fuego Barrel Socks | Husky 37in. Rolling Box
Home Field: Hoppers, Savannah GA
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:43 PM #4
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
for our field 10-11 do really well with a hoodie jeans and .50cal, with 68 id put them in a shirt or 2 and a sweater, a neck tube for skiing wouldnt hurt