Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2021, 03:55 PM #1
Father04co

G5 Solenoid Issue

Owning a G5 Spec-R that I used VERY RARELY and now having solenoid issue.... DP customer service seems unexistant sadly and I am a newb with this. Searched online everywhere for this problem and haven't found any other options that the electronic part of my solenoid is broken. Lubed everythings, changed piston orings, fresh battery and name it, i've done everything without any changes.

The air comes out from the small hole on the side of the solenoid and doesn't shoot at all, it clicks but leak air. The worst is I have never changed any settings since day 1 buying it new and I used the gun 1-2 weeks before this problem happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! (i can get a video if it's easier for you guys)
Father04co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2021, 11:47 AM #2
Father04co

Thanks for the help everyone.... Loll Bought a new solenoid AND DUCK, it isn't the problem still doing the same thing so any ideas PLEASE??? Red light appears and stay on, solenoid click but release air from the side of it. https://youtu.be/op_n_yKD_60
Old 02-25-2021, 11:37 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

Seems/sounds like bolt stick.

The air coming out of that little hole on the side of the solenoid is normal. It is venting and is part of the normal operation of the marker.

What kind of lube are you using and how much are you using?

Did you possibly overpressurize the reg by chance?

Try:

Taking the bolt out, wiping off all lube and then lightly lube the bolt, inside the center of the bolt, and the back cap stem o-ring. Reassemble.

Close the regulator velocity adjustment screw (no air).

Power on, eyes off, semi-auto mode, and slowly increase pressure (velocity adjustment screw while pulling the trigger between small increments of turning the adjustment screw.

Continue until the bolt begins to cycle. Once the bolt cycles, adjust with a chrono to desired FPS.

If adjusting the screw slowly does not work, you may need to disassemble and open up the solenoid to clean off the noid spool and housing, relube, and reassemble. Put marker back together and then try again - starting from closed reg and slowly adjusting.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:23 PM #4
Father04co

Have only used the dangerous power lube DP40. This is my second marker so yes I might have over-lubed the bolt. As for the reg I haven’t touched it in a really long time and a few days before experiencing this problem it was shooting fine. I did already opened everything, cleaned and relubed (reg, solenoid, bolt), even changed the 3 small o-rings on my solenoid without any results.

Thanks a lot for the ideas I will definitely give it a try!
Old 02-26-2021, 04:08 PM #5
CA_Tectonics

OK. I'm almost convinced it is bolt stick now. The Dangerous Power lube is too sticky for the bolt. Fine to use for just about everywhere else. Do you have any other lube? Maybe just a straight Dow 33 varrient? I wouldn't use the DP lube on the bolt or in the solenoid. This could easily be the reason for the issue you are having.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 02-26-2021, 06:59 PM #6
Father04co

YOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH you really made my friday!!! It really was my reg screwed all the way in!! I probably rotated the handle by hand without knowing. I’m a newb and don’t know much about the adjustments. I have a chrono and will check to adjust my fps.

#1- Is the silver ring in between suppose to spin around with the bottom part when adjusting the velocity? I can only tight it by hand and seems it’s not enough.

#2- Also what lube would you recommend?

#3- What’s the ideal fps I should set it to?

#4- The lube from Dangerous Power is suppose to be clear or like a white cream?

Thanks A LOT for your help!!!

Last edited by Father04co : 02-26-2021 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 05:40 PM #7
Bder1991

1 as I look at the bottom of my g5 there is no silver part. The reg is 2 pieces externally the top collar and the bottom housing. These parts should be tight and not move at all. Do not lube the threads. The most I do is put a tiny dab on the top oring to help it separate from the gun. Otherwise when I unscrew the reg the bottom comes apart from the top.

2 dow 33 medium if you live somewhere warm. Dow 33 light if somewhere cold.

3 280-300

4 white and creamy it seperates and becomes chalky over time. It belongs in the trash imo. Switch to dow 33 or I use lurker lube from lurkerpb.
Bder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:57 PM #8
Father04co

1- sorry I asked that backwards (im french) but your explanation answered very good thank you!

2- yeah Quebec, Canada here so i'll go for the dow 33

4-you're really confirming that the Dangerous Power DP-40 lube is complete garbage as mine went bad it looks like...Almost brand new tube, used to be white creamy and thought it was weird it turned clear so that's why I was asking https://youtu.be/hfAZiqq4ptE
Old 02-28-2021, 07:11 PM #9
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father04co View Post
YOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH you really made my friday!!! It really was my reg screwed all the way in!! I probably rotated the handle by hand without knowing. I’m a newb and don’t know much about the adjustments. I have a chrono and will check to adjust my fps.

#1- Is the silver ring in between suppose to spin around with the bottom part when adjusting the velocity? I can only tight it by hand and seems it’s not enough.

#2- Also what lube would you recommend?

#3- What’s the ideal fps I should set it to?

#4- The lube from Dangerous Power is suppose to be clear or like a white cream?

Thanks A LOT for your help!!!

You are welcome. Glad it is working out - so far.

#1 - Silver part? As in the center section of the regulator up where the regulator screws into the marker body? ALL of that should be tight BEFORE even trying to troubleshoot anything. Now, if you mean a snap ring that may be in the bottom housing (where you put the hex wrench in to adjust, that is fine if it moves. I don't remember if the G5 Spec-R has a snap ring there or not. Some of the older markers had them. It just helps prevent the adjustment screw from coming all the way out and possibly getting lost.

#2 - There are quite a few to choose from. Really, any Dow 33 based lube should work fine. I happen to like Monkey Poo but straight Dow 33 (sl33k) grease lubes work just fine. You could also get some Dow 33 based lube and mix a portion with some paintball marker oil or TriFlow.

#3 - A maximum feet per second speed is usually set by whatever field you go to. My local one is 290 fps. Some are 300 fps. However, I tend to like mine set right around 280-285 fps for rec play. With inconsistent paint, a slightly slower speed seems to help with accuracy a tiny bit.

#4 - The DP40 that I recall was clear. Although color doesn't really matter much. I would suggest using the DP40 on static o-rings and use whatever Dow 33 based lube you end up with for all dynamic o-rings. Meaning, if the part moves, moves on it, or moves over or through it, use the Dow 33 stuff. Use the DP40 for the ASA and marker regulator (or use the Dow 33 for everything - this is what I do).

Hopefully this helps some.