Community Focus

Old 09-08-2020, 08:51 AM #1
spedracer
Shoots Faces

spedracer is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Reseal Solenoid?

Calling out to the experts here:

I have my G7 fully taken apart for a good deep clean and am replacing all o-rings. The only thing I'm hesitant to dive into is the solenoid.

Currently the noid has no issues. Largely, the gun operates fine but nearly all of the seals were original and I'm just inclined to do this as preventative maintenance.

Should I open up the solenoid and replace those rings as well? Let me know any advice/experience you can offer.

thanks!

East Coast Cartel
Join ECC now by clicking Here

My Feedback +4/-0
Currently shooting a SICK Dust black G7...
spedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2020, 11:46 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

You can remove the solenoid piston and clean the solenoid body with a cotton swab lightly coated in rubbing alcohol, but DO NOT remove those o-rings from the solenoid piston, and be very careful not to damage them. They are not replaceable, except directly from the factory, and even if you can get Asco to acknowledge the model, they typically do not sell the seals separately.

Upon reassembly, a drop of oil on each o-ring is usually sufficient lubrication. You do not want to bind the piston, and if you use grease you most likely will use too much. You can also swab out the solenoid body with a cotton swap dipped in oil after you have cleaned it, which can help to prevent damaging the piston o-rings on re-insertion.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:04 AM #3
spedracer
Shoots Faces

spedracer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
You can remove the solenoid piston and clean the solenoid body with a cotton swab lightly coated in rubbing alcohol, but DO NOT remove those o-rings from the solenoid piston, and be very careful not to damage them. They are not replaceable, except directly from the factory, and even if you can get Asco to acknowledge the model, they typically do not sell the seals separately.

Upon reassembly, a drop of oil on each o-ring is usually sufficient lubrication. You do not want to bind the piston, and if you use grease you most likely will use too much. You can also swab out the solenoid body with a cotton swap dipped in oil after you have cleaned it, which can help to prevent damaging the piston o-rings on re-insertion.
Thank you, this was a great help. Piston (not seals) was covered in grease, I carefully swabbed that off and applied lube to the seals. I suppose I went a little heavy on the grease over the years...wont be doing that anymore.

East Coast Cartel
Join ECC now by clicking Here

My Feedback +4/-0
Currently shooting a SICK Dust black G7...
spedracer is offline   Reply With Quote