viking002
Da Sigma

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Paintball.Media View Post
I'm cool with people trying to make a living and I'm cool with people that realize we've been wearing masks and staying inside for a year and there's no tangible proof that any of it works. Covid is real and it sucks but let's allow grown adults to make their own decisions on how they handle it. Is that ok with you?
No tangible proof lol. People have chosen not to wear masks which is why we are where we are.

Once this became politicized we had no chance.

Rugged individualism got us into this, I'm sure it will get us out!

Last edited by viking002 : 03-03-2021 at 03:35 PM.
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2021, 04:39 PM #23
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
No tangible proof lol. People have chosen not to wear masks which is why we are where we are.

Many great young men died in battle for our right to be individuals and not part of some collective.

BTW I just read that England just raised their corporate tax rate to 25% to pay for the shut down that was forced on them by the government. PE prices will probably go up because ..... somebody has to pay for it. Who do you think is going to pay for the 2 Trillion our government is about to piss away?
Old 03-03-2021, 06:23 PM #24
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post

We're about to find out, with what is happening in Texas.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:59 PM #25
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
We're about to find out, with what is happening in Texas.
Most everything in Florida has been open for half a year and their numbers are steadily going down. I am definitely no expert, but most of what we've been told for the past year doesn't add up... ie, "14 day flatten the curve" that was 12 months ago; we were told flying wasn't safe yet in a full year there have been less than 6 cases traced directly back to airplanes... and on and on....

The only thing I know to do is wear a mask in public indoors, and just be smart.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:04 PM #26
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
tomc727 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
tomc727 plays in the APPA D4 division
tomc727 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tomc727 supports Ninja Paintball
tomc727 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Quote:
Most everything in Florida has been open for half a year and their numbers are steadily going down. I am definitely no expert, but most of what we've been told for the past year doesn't add up... ie, "14 day flatten the curve" that was 12 months ago; we were told flying wasn't safe yet in a full year there have been less than 6 cases traced directly back to airplanes... and on and on....

The only thing I know to do is wear a mask in public indoors, and just be smart.
Don't forget the surges from thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...

That never happened.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse Geo 3.1 & 3.5
Planet Eclipse Aftershock 25th Anniversary 3.5
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR
tomc727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 PM #27
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:

the theory was that if everything shut down and we all stay put for 14 days, we would essentially eradicate the virus, outside of people in the hospital who were already sick with it. Of course that didn't happen because a) it was really hard to shut down absolutely everything, when people have needs for food, and b) people are selfish *******s who don't care about anyone besides themselves.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:29 PM #28
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
the theory was that if everything shut down and we all stay put for 14 days, we would essentially eradicate the virus, outside of people in the hospital who were already sick with it. Of course that didn't happen because a) it was really hard to shut down absolutely everything, when people have needs for food, and b) people are selfish *******s who don't care about anyone besides themselves.
That is absolutely incorrect.

The reason for the flatten the curve campaign was to not overwhelm the healthcare system. It had nothing to do with decreasing infection or death. The area underneath the curves (spiked and flattened) are the same. Flatten the curve did nothing but prolong the pain.

On top of that, the only state that was technically overwhelmed was New York. Every other state in the nation was not.

A 3000 bed hospital in Chicago was opened - never saw a patient. Multiple overflow hospitals along with a Naval ship were opened in New York - never saw a patient. An overflow hospital was built outside one of the busiest hospitals in the Chicagoland area - never saw patient. Travel was restricted from China in January of 2020 - accusations of racism and bigotry ensued.

The flatten the curve campaign and lockdowns did nothing. Absolutely nothing but kill jobs and increase suicides, along with endless other detrimental side-effects. For all the mask worshipers, the jury is actually still out on those.

The lockdowns will kill far more than the virus. Good for Florida, Texas, and some other states who are starting to see through the bull****.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR

Last edited by tomc727 : 03-03-2021 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:07 PM #29
NaughtyPants
Glipglop

NaughtyPants owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
NaughtyPants supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc727 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyPants View Post
500,000 Americans are dead as a result of having contracted the Carona virus. Real people that had plans for the future and families. To dismiss this is intellectually dishonest and morally reprehensible.

If people could do the bare minimum consistently we wouldn’t be in our current situation.

Plenty of people have died for the country but it is too much to ask of citizens to stay away from each other and wear a mask. Pathetic.
If you are concerned, stay in your basement.

Again, if it’s ok to fly on an airplane, it’s ok to play paintball at a big game.

No one is dismissing Covid. There is a risk in every activity, including driving in a car, crossing a street, and eating. Covid is not an equal opportunity disease. If you are young and healthy, you have a better chance of choking to death while eating lunch at that big game.

If this big game concerns you, stay home. No one is forcing you, or anyone who is still scared of Covid, to do anything against their wishes.
Everyone who attends a mass gathering is dismissing covid. A young person can transmit the virus to a person that cannot survive the encounter. The risk a young person takes is not with their life, they risk killing someone else by spreading the virus.

The CDC has been clear on actions to take and those to avoid. Expert council vs your misguided opinion.
NaughtyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:31 PM #30
tomc727
Doc

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Everyone who attends a mass gathering is dismissing covid. A young person can transmit the virus to a person that cannot survive the encounter. The risk a young person takes is not with their life, they risk killing someone else by spreading the virus.

The CDC has been clear on actions to take and those to avoid. Expert council vs your misguided opinion.
But flying is ok? OK pal. Everything we do has a risk associated with it. Stay locked down if you are so concerned.

Planet Eclipse LV1 & LVR
Planet Eclipse CS1
Planet Eclipse CSR
Old 03-04-2021, 06:53 AM #31
NaughtyPants
Glipglop

NaughtyPants owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
NaughtyPants supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc727 View Post
But flying is ok? OK pal. Everything we do has a risk associated with it. Stay locked down if you are so concerned.
Flying may be essential for some persons who have to put food on the table. If you are taking flights for luxury reasons the action is reckless and morally reprehensible.

Increasing the risk of persons dying so you can get your "ball on" is asinine.
NaughtyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:35 AM #32
John-Paintball.Media

Annual Supporting Member
John-Paintball.Media is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Flying may be essential for some persons who have to put food on the table. If you are taking flights for luxury reasons the action is reckless and morally reprehensible.

Increasing the risk of persons dying so you can get your "ball on" is asinine.
So then you are saying it's ok to fly for monetary reasons but not pleasure? Again, in a YEAR, less than 6 COVID cases have been traced back to airplanes. This is the problem... people just make stuff up. Flying, because of the advanced filtering and air circulation is safer than walking around your grocery store. Look up the numbers....

Last edited by John-Paintball.Media : 03-04-2021 at 09:26 AM.
John-Paintball.Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:38 AM #33
Aardvark_QT
Team Capital Offense

Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I love road trips!

Fixer of Pew-Pews so they make better Bang-Bang!
Aardvark_QT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:44 AM #34
kyLman
m i c h i g a n g s t e r

kyLman owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
kyLman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It's impossible to argue objectively with people that believe in the altruism of mask wearing. "As long as it saves 1 life - we should all wear masks." Yes, ideally no one gets the virus - but the reward achieved from the perceived risk of the virus does not compute for me (and many others.) Sure, we might've mitigated a small percent of people from contracting the virus, and in that time we now have a vaccine. But now is the time to resume life- those willing to manage the risks. Florida should be the death capitol in the USA if CNN's headlines last summer actually came true. But that isn't the case, and the constituents in Florida are better off than those in say.... MICHIGAN.
kyLman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:00 PM #35
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:
So then you are saying it's ok to fly for monetary reasons but not pleasure? Again, in a YEAR, less than 6 COVID cases have been traced back to airplanes. This is the problem... people just make stuff up. Flying, because of the advanced filtering and air circulation is safer than walking around your grocery store. Look up the numbers....
If you want to know why that number is so low, you should look into mask requirements in airports and airplanes. they DO NOT **** around with the required usage of them. If you're eating, they expect mask usage between bites, etc etc. The extra filtration certainly helps as well.

So what you're saying is that it's ok do to activities as long as the proper measures have been taken. This bring us back around to how does a large scale paintball event take place with these precautions? How does enforce such precautions, and ensure that they are being done?

Last edited by martix_agent : 03-04-2021 at 02:12 PM.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:04 PM #36
PBSales

Quote:
If you want to know why that number is so low, you should look into mask requirements in airports and airplanes. they DO NOT **** around with the required usage of them. If you're eating, they expect mask usage between bites, etc etc. The extra filtration certainly helps as well.

So what you're saying is that it's ok do to activities as long as the proper measures have been taken. This bring us back around to how does a large scale paintball event take place with these precautions? How does enforce such precautions, and ensure that they are being done?
grand

World Cup managed to pull it off. Wayne's World Grand Finale pulled it off also.

Super Bowl pulled it off..... Should I go on? Like it or not the world is moving on... You can also or you can complain about it. Make your own choices but for the love of god, stop being a Karen.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:08 PM #37
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
grand

World Cup managed to pull it off. Wayne's World Grand Finale pulled it off also.

Super Bowl pulled it off..... Should I go on? Like it or not the world is moving on... You can also or you can complain about it. Make your own choices but for the love of god, stop being a Karen.
Oh I'm sorry that I want this never ending hell hole **** show to be over with. It. just. won't. end. People refuse to take the steps to kill it off. They refused at the start and they've been doubling down ever since.
I'm sorry that the biggest thing that I've learned out of this pandemic is that people are the worst, and I hate most of them.

I'm not sorry about the fact that I actually care about other people, and not just myself.

Besides all that, you never answered the question about how we do do this safely. We already determined that airlines are taking extra precautions in order to help counter the virus and it actually works.

Last edited by martix_agent : 03-04-2021 at 03:16 PM.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:27 PM #38
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I'm better than you because I care.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:54 PM #39
PBSales

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry that I want this never ending hell hole **** show to be over with. It. just. won't. end. People refuse to take the steps to kill it off. They refused at the start and they've been doubling down ever since.
I'm sorry that the biggest thing that I've learned out of this pandemic is that people are the worst, and I hate most of them.

I'm not sorry about the fact that I actually care about other people, and not just myself.

Besides all that, you never answered the question about how we do do this safely. We already determined that airlines are taking extra precautions in order to help counter the virus and it actually works.
I am starting to hate your non stop whining. So much hate in the world....Maybe that can be your next crusade. You can put your Superman shirt on and go save the world.... We are so lucky to have a person like you shove their opinions down our throats ad nauseum. Now go make your husband a sandwich
Old 03-04-2021, 05:17 PM #40
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:
I am starting to hate your non stop whining. So much hate in the world....Maybe that can be your next crusade. You can put your Superman shirt on and go save the world.... We are so lucky to have a person like you shove their opinions down our throats ad nauseum. Now go make your husband a sandwich
Oh good. Now you know how I've felt for the last 12 months. Lots of hate, indeed. Wish you could make it go away, don't you?
Old 03-05-2021, 04:45 AM #41
PBSales

Just checked ANS. It does seem that PE guns have increased $50 across the board. More lockdowns please
Old 03-05-2021, 07:32 AM #42
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Homophobe too?! Jeez you're really the worst.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.