PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2020, 02:50 PM #946
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Not good, sounds like the flux capacitor needs a full rebuild. Right down to the bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
2 ply.
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2020, 03:05 PM #947
manfred

Super helpful. Thanks man. Any real men want to chime in?
manfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:12 PM #948
latches109
off with the latches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Not good, sounds like the flux capacitor needs a full rebuild. Right down to the bananas
hmmm, 2-ply thats some valuable stuff these days.. He could have used a differential girdle spring to off-set the woggle clip, basically does the same job more accurately- just be careful when setting the woggle clip, if you don't provide inverse reactive current to unilateral phase detractors then you might get a little shock.
latches109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM #949
manfred

Two very nice responses from two very grown men. Anyways, is my LPR too high if my marker is dry-firing through napkins?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM #950
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
Sorry if I took your question as a joke, there is no way to answer with the information provided, you need paint and a chrono to setup a matrix.

Quote:
Two very nice responses from two very grown men. Anyways, is my LPR too high if my marker is dry-firing through napkins?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2020, 04:53 PM #951
manfred

Got it. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2020, 05:22 PM #952
latches109
off with the latches

Did you read the pinned “Uber Sticky!! matrix info!!!” thread?? Post #13 might help better than the OT thread.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....71#post8135771

Please insert sense of humor for further tech support
latches109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:46 PM #953
manfred

Damn PWNED. Lol. Reading now. Thank you! :p
Old 03-25-2020, 06:19 PM #954
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
i wouldnt call the other methods "inferior", especially after saying that the poster goes on to how you should set the LPR every time you play..

if you do it by "the cocker method", you typically never have to mess with it

turn it out until the bolt stops working, keep tuning it up while shooting until is cycles reliably, and then add a quarter turn or so (another option is to push the bolt forward and keep turning it up until the bolt pulls all the way back, shoot it, and add more pressure accordingly, add a quarter turn after its cycling properly)

but given your description, which is hard to follow, why were nakpins involved? where they destroyed? you just said it went "though" them, they are napkins.. they are not sealed.. why did that even need to be brought up?

it sounds like your HPR is too high. which would be your regular velocity, your LPR wouldnt have THAT much of an effect on it (its mainly for how fast the bolt cycles), unless you had it set too low to begin with and turned it up, then that could affect the velocity some

BoneBreak Excal, Gloss Black Inception Ripper
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM #955
manfred

I simply rebuilt the bolt with new orings and shot some shots into my hand. I was holding napkins against the breech so that grease wouldn't get onto my bed. I just noticed that the force blew through the napkins. I don't currently have the means to shoot paint outside. Is there a way to tune the LPR without paint?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:34 PM #956
manfred

Maybe I'm dumb and it's just the HPR. :|
Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 PM #957
Tracker
Patient Zero

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tracker supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I simply rebuilt the bolt with new orings and shot some shots into my hand. I was holding napkins against the breech so that grease wouldn't get onto my bed. I just noticed that the force blew through the napkins. I don't currently have the means to shoot paint outside. Is there a way to tune the LPR without paint?
yes, read what i said about "the cocker method" its not as mathematically ideal as the version in the FAQ, but it works, i did it that way for years and never had an issue because of it

BoneBreak Excal, Gloss Black Inception Ripper
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:06 PM #958
RAPER
Matrix Dr

RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
i usually set my lpr by feel and then adjusted with paint untill i was satisfied with my chrono readings. force fed hopper means a little higher lpr pressure for me to get better chrono readings unless you are shooting really crap paint
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:33 AM #959
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Using a Force-fed hopper shouldn’t cause the LPR pressure to need to be raised...

If the Loader is pushing the Paint stack down that hard then you might want to lower it’s Tension setting.

It’s gotta be nearly impossible to tune any Matrix without a Chronograph or Pressure Tester...
Old 03-26-2020, 08:02 AM #960
killerWGP212
Matrix Connoisseur

Lpr settings are simple enough; personally I set my hpr to 200, crank up lpr to allow for full cycling of the bolt, fine tune velocity via hpr over chronograph, lower lpr until drop off is seen and go back a quarter turn.

Other notes regarding lpr pressure: low dwell leads to higher lpr, whereas higher dwell leads to lower lpr...in the end it comes down to the state of the bolt engine, lube, oring fitment/tolerance, and dwell settings. My advice is to take about an hour to set everything up to your tastes when you get to the field, I know that what works best for me will *not* be the best for you

Highlights of my collection: Tequila Sunrise Matrix, Revenge V3, Highlander Viking, Eclipse Cocker, E-Mag
~My Old Feedback~
killerWGP212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:59 AM #961
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Using a Force-fed hopper shouldn’t cause the LPR pressure to need to be raised...

If the Loader is pushing the Paint stack down that hard then you might want to lower it’s Tension setting.

It’s gotta be nearly impossible to tune any Matrix without a Chronograph or Pressure Tester...
so back in the old days before good force fed hoppers, you had your lpr set up nice and light so you could rip on the trigger and hopefully not chop balls because your state of the art crappy hopper could not keep up with sustained higher rof. (pre halo B). this is also why you had giant smoke stack feed necks and whatnot on markers to have a longer feed stack going into the gun to have better higher rof. anyways everyone knows that the lpr settings can effect chrono readings. a stable chrono reading generally will have a higher lpr setting. 20 years ago the biggest concern i ever had on the field was not having my matrix turn into a blender with not so brittle field paint.

I would agree that you need a chrono to tune a matrix properly or any marker with an lpr for that matter
Old 03-26-2020, 09:01 AM #962
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerWGP212 View Post
Lpr settings are simple enough; personally I set my hpr to 200, crank up lpr to allow for full cycling of the bolt, fine tune velocity via hpr over chronograph, lower lpr until drop off is seen and go back a quarter turn.

Other notes regarding lpr pressure: low dwell leads to higher lpr, whereas higher dwell leads to lower lpr...in the end it comes down to the state of the bolt engine, lube, oring fitment/tolerance, and dwell settings. My advice is to take about an hour to set everything up to your tastes when you get to the field, I know that what works best for me will *not* be the best for you
this might be the simplest wording i've seen in a long time on how to get it done
Old 03-26-2020, 10:41 AM #963
killerWGP212
Matrix Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerWGP212 View Post

this might be the simplest wording i've seen in a long time on how to get it done
I think I've used every single part ever made for these guns in all sorts of combinations and I've learned that every gun is different, not to mention I love tinkering with my gear; I just remembered that ambient temperature and r/h also play a factor into how my matrix is set up, but I hope that much would be obvious

Highlights of my collection: Tequila Sunrise Matrix, Revenge V3, Highlander Viking, Eclipse Cocker, E-Mag
~My Old Feedback~
Old 03-26-2020, 11:38 AM #964
RAPER
Matrix Dr

honestly not as obvious as some people think. most people just want to turn adjustment screws and set things to kill and not think how it actually works. i think this is why most manufacturers have gone to not having an adjustable lpr any longer. I think the average player these days just wants to set their rof cap and just adjust hpr to hit max velocity allowed for them to play that day. Not too many modern markers have interested me and all of mine are 6-25 years old with the exception of my emek ( i'm impressed by this marker) .
Old 03-26-2020, 12:13 PM #965
killerWGP212
Matrix Connoisseur

Indeed, though I haven't been to a field in over a decade now. I find no joy in buying guns anymore but rather build what I want, much easier and cheaper seeing as I still rock autocockers and matrices along with the odd 2k5 gen intimidator or marq. Why bother upgrading when I can reach the bps cap on slide frame cocker, hell what is the cap now?

~My Old Feedback~
Old 03-26-2020, 02:23 PM #966
RAPER
Matrix Dr

the cap is 10.2 unless they don't care and do semi only games with no rof cap.. i play in some odd mixed games at my local field and they will do a semi only wth no trigger walking in some beginner oriented games on electro markers. cockers are really hot right now again and i'm seeing more and more of them from some of the older guys bringing them back out again