Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2020, 02:36 AM #1
chaseglennie

Wierd Shocker RSX issues

okay so I bought a used shocker rsx last summer. I brought paint and whatnot to test it and it shot pretty nice, but when i took it out to play and i wasn't paying attention and my tank ran out of air, there was this strange issue with fluctuation with the fps even after i filled the tank. sometimes it would shoot what it was supposed to (around 250) but then it would go way down to the point the ball wouldn't even make it out of the barrel and then it would go way up (300+) all within only about 10 shots, it still does it to this day as well. There were some things that would minimize this issue like cleaning the bolt and re greasing it, maintenance the reg, tweaking with the velocity screw,playing with the dwell, and sometimes as simple as switching the battery.I also took a look at the solenoid and tbh i didn't really know what i was doing so i didn't go too in depth with it in fear of messing something up but by the looks of it it was fine, it wasn't dirty or anything like that. I thought it might have been my tank as it was pretty old, but i bought a brand new one not too long ago that was carbon fibre and almost brand new from a local pro shop and it did seem to help at first like everything else but after a couple of games it did the same. This shocker had a fair amount of issues when i bought it. the previous owner said he didn't use it much and it was in good condition, but he bought an accent kit for it and put the trigger on wrong, cross threaded the back cap for the bolt and didn't have it on all the way, and stripped one of the eye cover screw holes to the point the screw wouldn't even thread. I glued the eye covers on so no air was getting through which i thought was the issue at first but it didn't seem to help. There is also a little bit of play in the bolt release when the bolt is locked in, when its not under pressure the bolt sticks out a little bit and when i push it in it just pushes out a little bit again and sometimes the bolt release doesn't pop the bolt out and i have to push it forward and then press the button to pop it out. one time one of the paintballs somehow got literally sucked into the bolt like a vacuum, and sometimes when the fps fluctuates it has something to do with a ball jam or something. I've tried everything i can think of, and i tried contacting sp and they wouldn't even pick up their phone, and I've taken it into some shops where they said they aren't entirely sure why its doing what its doing. i suspect it has something to do with the bolt release and its maybe not locking in properly and ive tried cleaning it out before and it didnt seem to do anything. it couldve just been the paint i was using (while all this was happening i was using gi 2 and 1 star as well as a rotor that was feeding pretty aggressively) but i just want some answers.
chaseglennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2020, 05:58 AM #2
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Sounds like you might not have the updated parts.

Call SP.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:03 PM #3
jakerrr

Maybe your bolt speed screw is loose and moving, try looking into that.
jakerrr is offline   Reply With Quote