PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-03-2020, 10:03 AM #1
eStrike

I finally made a dream come true - I bought my own paintball field

For the longest time I have always wanted to find a small piece of land where I could set up a scenario paintball field or a woodsball field. Sadly where I live there are numerous restrictions on paintballing which makes it hard to find a piece of land that would work. Slowly my favorite paintball fields started to close and go out of business and whenever I would go to other fields the players that I would play against were total bonus balling jerks. I am a father and my son plays paintball as well so I was always protective of him whenever he would go with me to the fields. The last thing I wanted is to have him get bonus balled or seriously hurt. So this also motivated me into trying to buy my own place where we could paintball with family and friends.

After a couple of years of shopping around I finally found a perfect place! By perfect I mean that there are no neighbors around me to complain. There is no property around me to damage accidentally. On one side there is a rail road and to the other side there is a body of water. This place is perfect! 1 acre of paintball heaven!

It still needs some work, I need to round up my paintball friends and we need to clear some foliage and bushes to create walkways....but the dream has finally become a reality! Our own private paintball field!

eStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2020, 11:48 AM #2
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & SPYDER XTRA

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Congratulations and good luck with your piece of paradise!! I can appreciate the hunt being scarce for a while. Do have fun making it your own.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:41 PM #3
eStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcraig93 View Post
Congratulations and good luck with your piece of paradise!! I can appreciate the hunt being scarce for a while. Do have fun making it your own.
Thanks jtcraig93 - it certainly has been a long slow process finding a place but now that I have it the real fun begins. I gotta go there with some machetes and cut down some small bushes and tree limbs.

My next challenge will be trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest way to air up our tanks. Looks like we will doing the scuba tank deal...
Old 02-03-2020, 02:30 PM #4
jtcraig93

Those scuba fill stations are definitely a good route to use for rec play. Hopefully you got places to get filled up?!
Old 02-03-2020, 07:12 PM #5
MariachiMike09

Awesome !!! Great way of growing the sport and keeping momentum forward to get new people involved !!
MariachiMike09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:13 PM #6
eStrike

Quote:
Those scuba fill stations are definitely a good route to use for rec play. Hopefully you got places to get filled up?!
Yep, I have a scuba shop thats close by for tank fill ups but I am also thinking about picking up a high pressure compressor so I can do some topping off and fill ups at home.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:15 PM #7
eStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariachiMike09 View Post
Awesome !!! Great way of growing the sport and keeping momentum forward to get new people involved !!
Thanks Mike!
Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 PM #8
jtcraig93

It's been a while?! How has the field been progressing? Any build ideas for springtime? What about the Air situation?
Old 02-24-2020, 12:52 PM #9
colin9489

has been a member for 10 years
colin9489 is playing at Living Legends III
Awesome, sounds perfect for what you're looking to do. Any plans on how you'll set it up?
Old 03-17-2020, 04:55 PM #10
eStrike

Quote:
It's been a while?! How has the field been progressing? Any build ideas for springtime? What about the Air situation?
jtcraig93 - not much has happened at the field, with the snow and cold weather I haven’t had a chance to start working at it but I have been going to the field a lot just to look at it and I also fly my drone over the field quite often to make sure there are no trespassers.

As far as air goes, I recently bought three 60 minute scba air tanks for a super great price. These tanks will get filled up at home and taken to the field where we will use them to top off our paintball gun tanks.

Last edited by eStrike : 03-17-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:42 PM #11
eStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin9489 View Post
Awesome, sounds perfect for what you're looking to do. Any plans on how you'll set it up?
I have enough land to set up a woodsball field and a scenario field as well. I was hoping that if I had enough land left over I might set up a speedball field to rent out to teams who want to get in some practices.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:49 PM #12
eStrike

If you want to follow my crazy journey on making this acre a land a paintball field, then go check out my videos! I just uploaded 2 new videos at my YouTube channel.

ReplyRegional Ups