PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM #64
Michael Scofield (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazr18 View Post
border collies. so god damn ****ing smart compared to every other breed. my neighbor has a dog named Major, and i love him. he's smart, energetic most of the time, and according to my neoghbor he doesn't shed that much. but i don't know what breed he is he's not as big as a German shepard, but a moderate size, has medium-length black fur, pointy ears, and a poofy-ish tail. any guesses?
sounds like a dog to me
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 PM #65
Herredomme
Spontaneous hate machine

has been a member for 10 years
Herredomme helped look for balloons
I like yellow labs. Intelligent, friendly, fun and they can make good guard dogs. This is my Ranger.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 PM #66
TrailBlazr18
blazrbeam pewpewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scofield

sounds like a dog to me

lolyouguystrytoohard
Old 07-10-2011, 10:59 PM #67
General_Patton (Banned)

I've got a german shepard/pit bull mix. Both excellent breeds and made for a badass dog. At times he can be kind of aggressive towards other dogs or people he doesn't know, but that's expected.
I've got another that is part border collie/blue heeler. Smart, energetic dog. Good for camping, friendly etc. He's a pain in the *** because I can take him for 2-3 mile runs and he comes home hyper.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM #68
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
akward silence is Immortal
Great Dane (if you are up to the task).

Loyal as hell (mine never leaves my side)
Friendly (mine loves everybody and everything)
Sensibly protective (mine keeps my other puppy safe when big dogs come by and get too aggressive)
Understanding of their place in your pack (Mine knows I am the pack leader, followed by my other pup who was here first, then its him, then its my girlfriend) {If I could get that ***** to know her place, we would be a happy family}
Easy to take groom (Occasional rinse down, sometimes with soap)
Cuddly as can be (He loves being as close to me as possible)

Cons
Some health issues (bloat being number one, hip issues aren't as common as you would expect
Size is a challenge (they are relatively sedentary at home, but need LOTS of space to run. I take mine to the fenced in dog beach down the road. 20 acres of dog fun)
Training is crucial (You want them to be proud, not shy, calm, yet strong. It's a tough balance to maintain)
Super premium food is a must (I feed mine eagle pack giant breed. Fortunately its on sale at petco RIGHT NOW)
Price (A pure bred European great dane will set you back in the neighborhood of $1,000 to $5,000 from a reputable breeder. I got lucky, the breeder practically gave him to me. She said we are a perfect match)

Here is a video about them:
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/d...reat-dane.html

Another great option is an airedale

Pros:
Easy to train
Very loyal
Strong and courageous
Understanding of their place in the pack
Smart as ****. Almost too smart. My airedale gracie could do math, I **** you not. 3x2 and she would bark 6 times (she could do other simple equations too)
Very hearty. Gracie died when she was 12 (put down due to dimentia) Griffon is still alive at 13.
Did I mention smart?

Cons:
Strong willed
Smarter than your average human
Grooming is somewhat expensive
Hip dysplasia is common (griffon is getting it )

Here is a video about airedales:
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/d...e-terrier.html

Here is Achilles, my 3 month old European great dane sleeping with my mutt after a few hours at the beach:

I'm looking for good pictures of my Airedales. They are hard to look at. Gracie getting put down was really hard for me, and I'm afraid Griffon doesn't have much time left either. They are/were amazing dogs. Griffon was probably the best friend I ever had. Achilles is a sweetheart though. He is an ESA (emotional support animal) for me and is going through therapy training. I will be loaning him to the military bases for PTSD therapy sessions. They love Danes because crippled/amputated soldiers don't have to move out of their wheel chairs to pet Danes. That, and I want Achilles to live to his full potential. He seems to have healing powers hidden in all that extra skin and behind those soft brown eyes.

This is just my opinion, I am NOT an expert, just a man who loves his dogs like family. Take it for what its worth.

Edit: Just saw how long that was...hope somebody enjoys it.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:14 PM #69
hooah1432

hooah1432 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hooah1432 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I love my Chihuahua! Haha
Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 PM #70
IRPancake
ppanackcakakak

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_racer11 View Post
Huskies are horrible dogs to have if you dont have a huge ****ing yard for them. Weve had two and they both got kicked out of obedience school, one tackled a cop, destroyed countless neighbor hood picnics, we even put up an electric fence and the ****ers dug under it.
<3

They do what they want, and thats why I love mine so much. Shes part of the family, I'd feel like a prick if my dog was so obedient like a prisoner or something. She jumps on everybody to try to lick their faces, she jumps up on tables, etc. Lately due to work, mine doesn't get out as much as she used to. I used to go to the park every damn day, but now she'll go maybe once a month, like any living creature they adapt. I'm sure she'd rather be running around and swimming, but she does just fine inside, hell with the weather the way it is, she might prefer it inside.
""its a maxima...my car is a special edition v6 twin cam 3.5 liter...we clocked the thing in stock 1/4mile in 12 seconds without anything. the place we dragged it was on a road my friend KNEW to be a quarter mile. the specs were 235 horsepower dont ****ing tell me to get off drugs

edit: timed it with a stop watch 12.35 seconds""

Originally Posted by Spock: "Which part of your life learning, reason and experience dictate that your status in the afterlife depends on your acceptance of a 2000 year old carpenter as your savior?"
Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 PM #71
coup

i can't believe no one is mentioned the gentle giant of all dogs....the "Irish Wolfehound"....

Karnivor "Slore" pump w/ Splash colors w/ guerrilla tank 48/4500
CCM T2 "Fugly" w/ ninja boobie tank
Karnivor Pro Stock black n gold prostock
CCM 6.5 "Hoho" metallic purple n teal
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM #72
beastmode986

you need a manly do like a teacup terrier jk german shepherd ftw
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM #73
wavesport001

Papillion for sure! These dogs are super smart, easy to train, very agile (they win agility contests all the time) and as a bonus they are small and portable!

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 PM #74
zackthewackyy

zackthewackyy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
zackthewackyy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i love golden retrievers but you cant go wrong with any medium size dog
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM #75
paintballer123321
D-Botch!!!

paintballer123321 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
paintballer123321 is Legendary
paintballer123321 is Boss
I have 2 basset hounds. They are amazing.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM #76
jasper371
DatsunAholic

jasper371 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks wise, whatever this little bastard was. Got him from a guy in a Big Lots parking lot when he was very little. When we first got him, he would always hide from us under couches and beds and stuff. Even later on, he would always hide behind us when new people came around.

Named him Jasper II. The first dog I had was named Jasper, and this fella looked the same when he was a puppy.

This little **** was the most hyper dog I've ever had. He would force you to play with him until he was near death. He would just bark and bark until you threw the ball. Went he wasn't spazzing out, he could be a pretty sweet dog though.

The overall best dog I've had was a Boxer x lab mix. Super smart, athletic, and loveable. Even had the brindle coloring. He would play until you told him to stop, and he would sleep in the bed with you, never moving until the sun came up. When he got cancer at age 5, it changed me as a person. On rare occasions I'll see him in my dreams, and I'll wake up crying.

Then there's also Charlie the beast:

Great Pyrenees and Mastiff mix. 160 pounds of pure dog. He is standing next to my dads girlfriend of the time. This was the goofiest, most clumsy dog I've ever seen. Even after he got older, he'd always trip over his own paws and stuff. Took him forever to grow into his body when he was a puppy.

Unfortunately, all my dogs are dead. I never got another dog because I still wasn't over how the others died. I don't know if I can handle another one dying.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM #77
Our_Lord_&_Savior
I hate Darwin

I have a giant golden retriever. he isn't a light coated golden though, he has a beautiful amber color to him.

most loyal dog I've ever seen to me, although sometimes it gets a little annoying and I do believe he has a bit of seperation anxiety when I leave my house. Sometimes, I come home and he chews through the trash because he gets nervous when he's alone.

Also, living in Florida, fleas and mites are a ***** to get rid of.

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 AM #78
16_ProGat
Registered Cockerphile

i kinda want a malinois when i get out
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 PM #79
Elo160
PBS

Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Ive always been a fan of "mutts" every mixed breed dog we've ever had has been very friendly and loyal. One of ours stays in the front yard all day and night, and we live in the city.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Old 07-22-2012, 01:21 AM #80
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I've owned two a boxer and a toy yorkie (took her in, people abandoned her)

My purebred boxer was the most friendly obedient and loving dog I've ever seen. She literally took care of me as a child, keeping me out of harms way. We would take her down the beach every weekend and let her run free, unfortunately she got sick and passed away, Im still heartbroken over that dog

My yorkie is an angel. Not a manly dog, but idc she is like a baby. She sleeps in the corner of my bed every night, waits for me to come home, eats when I eat and watches tv with me. Plus all the girls love her . She is actually sleeping on my bed next to me right now.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:31 AM #81
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine86 View Post
Any answer that isn't "Corgi" is wrong.

I can't wait to get one.
^

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 07-22-2012, 01:35 AM #82
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
Edit: Just saw how long that was...hope somebody enjoys it.
a year later, I enjoyed it and learned from it.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 AM #83
vitaniya

I recommend Huskies`````Them are very ~~~~great!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 PM #84
Pomy

Labs are great dogs. Usually smart, but some can be pretty derpy and most develop serious health issues later in life.

Border Collies IMO are hands down the best breed to own if you are serious about getting a dog and training it. Ridiculously smart and no real health issues with the breed. If you want a dog to just be around the house and chill get a bull dog, and for gods sake don't get any small breed dogs. They're not even dogs.