Community Focus

Old Today, 07:39 PM #5293
the other one
Goldy

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
While it's fun to discuss, PE and DLX run basically the same engine in all their guns and this demonstrates the engines don't really sell guns.
My counterargument would be: your engine is the sole reason I bought a DSR+.

the other one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old Today, 08:24 PM #5294
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
^^^I would agree, I choose Markers mostly on the Bolt System and how they shoot. Most people buying Gamma Cores and their knock-offs probably don’t want to do any maintenance.

The plate idea that MacDev uses(d?) is a pretty good idea for switching to different Bolt Systems and/or Solenoids/Mechanical 3-way Trigger Valves. I wonder if there is a better way to route the airflow so you don’t have to use Transfer Plates? Perhaps it could be done with just the Solenoid/Mech. Valve and internal Routing (similar to the M3 series airflow transfer tubes)?

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : Today at 08:41 PM.
Mr. Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:08 PM #5295
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
My counterargument would be: your engine is the sole reason I bought a DSR+.
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. I bought an M3+ specifically for the engine.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 PM #5296
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
The transfer plate or sleeve sounds like a neat idea.

Macdev Rant
Goldy, I need to rant for a sec and you seem appropriate to listen ( and reply ) to my complaints and suggestions. I know Connor has some good tips on how to manage these small things, but I need to mention them anyways. Also I apologize for the jumbled order, lack of organizing this rant.

Goldy, ( and any Macdev engineers reading ) I want Macdev to make some specific changes before I buy their next high end. The eye cover retention system- look at how the CS2 does it and come up with something similar. The asa latch leaks with a slight touch, that’s weak and needs to be improved/fixed. The machining quality on the bolt assembly is subpar- Needs proper deburring and a nice quality anodizing. The bolt tip is fragile and needs a material change. I probably wouldn’t even mind a different drive design altogether either.

All the markers seem inconsistent in performance out of the box. Some primes seem to work better then others. Is it the noids? The XTS gives me the impression, whether it’s real or not, that it’s the worst high end at handling brittle paint. Can you guys thoroughly test the next Prime and make sure that it’s superb in the paint handling department? Get rid of the extra slop, side to side room, in the trigger.

Lastly, the barrel system you are currently using is just not good. Just about all my Shift 3 barrels had concentricity issues- the front tip and insert were so misaligned that it would’ve eventually led to a ball hitting an edge. And I’ll leave it at that.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-M3+, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 80ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ speedball ]
-CC AMP, Powerhouse HAYMKR Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye LT-r Loader. [ woodsball]
2022 Speedball Team contract killer ( free agent )

Last edited by Noa Bo : Today at 09:27 PM.
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:41 PM #5297
ironyusa
John: Designer @ DYE

ironyusa works for a Paintball manufacturer
I suppose I could have said that engine variety doesn't necessarily equal sales. When we started dye lab, I intended to release some crazy limited projects... The idea isn't dead per se.

DYE
ironyusa is online now   Reply With Quote