Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2020, 11:22 PM #1
TWISTEDK1D

has been a member for 10 years
TWISTEDK1D owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TWISTEDK1D owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
CS2 Pro Shaft FL vs Freak XL stainless

i'm having a hard time with this subject i cant make up my mind if i wanna buy a CS2 PRO over a CS1 or CS1.5 all i can see is that the barrels and body change i can care less about a $20 trigger.

my question here is i have a Freak XL kit stainless and i wanna know if i were to buy a CS2 Pro do they shoot better with the Stock barrel they come with or would my Freak XL shoot better?
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2020, 05:57 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Shaft FL (With either Barrel Tip) is better than the Freak XL in my opinion.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:46 AM #3
ApexEight

I don't think you'll notice a big difference with either, but I just wish the FL came in larger bore sizes than .689. I get big paint in Atlanta Also something to consider is that their inserts are much more expensive than an XL.also, the CS2 and CS1/1.5 are completely different markers with different drivetrains.
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:29 PM #4
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have had many freaks over the years, and they are a nice kit to have around because I think they have the most inserts and sometimes that can be useful, especially if you go to a field that's using some weird paint. However I personally don't care to use them that much because I don't care for how the bores are made, its less of an issue on the SS model but the bores can become warped and bend easily, and I don't like how they install.

So I actually prefer the Shaft FL over the Freak. Just to note, I actually prefer the Carbon Fiber Shaft FL over the Aluminum one, but that's all personal preference. The only differences between the CS2 and CS2 Pro are that the Pro has the Aluminum tip, extra trigger, and is milled slightly different.

Though if I had my pick of the litter, I think DYE makes the best barrels. They have actually tested a bunch of these barrels in videos to see which one gives the nicest sound signature and the UL-S comes out on top.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:28 PM #5
T-Grube

Thanks for the input on these barrel choices!
T-Grube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:56 PM #6
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The Shaft FL is a nice kit if part or most of the kit comes with your gun already, but. a bit on the spendy side if you are building a kit. If you were to build a kit from scratch, the Freak system is going to be more affordable especially when you look at the number of bore sizes. I am not a real big fan of the freak inserts as they tend to not be true to size which I find incredibly irritating. In contrast, the Eclipse stuff tends to be fairly accurate size-wise (at least within an acceptable margin of error).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:45 AM #7
diehli
Geniass

diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
diehli plays in the APPA D5 division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
SS Freak XL with ACP tip if you're a 2 or a 3, Shaft FL if you're a 1.

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

For sale:
Z
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:44 PM #8
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehli View Post
SS Freak XL with ACP tip if you're a 2 or a 3, Shaft FL if you're a 1.
I haven't been super impressed with what I have seen from the ACP. Seems like a rain barrel (no-porting) or taping the porting up is still the way to go. Deadlywind offers a non-ported Shaft FL tip option actually which I have been strongly considering.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote