New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I was just saying a couple weekends ago, I've got a gun in my gear room that won't adjust below 14bps. That one doesn't get much field time these days, which is fine with me.

Ramping at big games is nothing more than the event looking the other way to sell more cases. Just my opinion on that one. Ramping in tournaments was legalizing the cheats many were using at the time in hopes of gaining some control over the cheat. Swift, brutal, uncompromising penalty upon discovery of a cheating player/gun would have solved the problem long ago if any event had the stones to perm-ban a big name player. Since that didn't happen, other paths had to be explored.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2021, 03:26 PM #86
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
inertstatic supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I was just saying a couple weekends ago, I've got a gun in my gear room that won't adjust below 14bps. That one doesn't get much field time these days, which is fine with me.

Ramping at big games is nothing more than the event looking the other way to sell more cases. Just my opinion on that one. Ramping in tournaments was legalizing the cheats many were using at the time in hopes of gaining some control over the cheat. Swift, brutal, uncompromising penalty upon discovery of a cheating player/gun would have solved the problem long ago if any event had the stones to perm-ban a big name player. Since that didn't happen, other paths had to be explored.
I see your point about the big games. I'm neither here nor there about it.

I've always thought capped semi was the best option for tournament play... but i see the benefits of ramping. The idea of swift brutal justice would change that. The other thought is that now, high end guns don't have aftermarket boards.. so no god mode/cheater mode/gangster modes available. We even have high end replay available to check firing modes...

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:15 PM #87
cbrstar

After coming back into paintball after not playing for 17 years. I've been out playing 2x now. And the biggest problem I am seeing is refereeing.

The first field I went to was awesome. It was a bunch of older guys and they were playing fair like the old days. And I will be back.

The second field, I went to a big game and it was a complete GONG show. The refs didn't call a single person out for bad behaviour. They didn't re-chrono a single marker. The refs may's well not have been there at all. In the end people were swearing at each other and they were even threatening to beat each other up!!! In any sport when sportsmanship isn't enforced people get fed up and quit.
cbrstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:29 PM #88
primadog

primadog supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post

My take: the best thing paintball could do right now would be to go hard on *non* milsim magfed. Tournaments, everything. Adopt modes like push the payload etc that have more tactical depth than boring old TDM. Keep the bright colors and sport look, massively drop the paint consumption, tie it even closer to gaming than airsoft. Milsim isn't that big in gaming these days anyway. There's nothing milsim about fortnite.

There seem to be a big untapped market for companies to create shells for paintball markers based on whatever FPS/battle royale is popular these days.

Not sure why that doesn't happen. It's not like the internals saw much changes in the last decade.
primadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:52 PM #89
dekdo

can we bring back 15 bps? my god 10.5 is slow.
dekdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:15 PM #90
evanorah00

Have you ever been told that playing with paintballs is a waste of time? Well, we encourage you to show this article to all the people who have said something like this. When we started playing with paintball pistols, we noticed an obvious change in our lives. We realized that we had gained a better perspective towards life. Paintball pistols have many benefits, and if you are thinking about starting using them, we highly encourage you to go for them. There are many health benefits of paintball.
evanorah00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:51 PM #91
Daltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrstar View Post
After coming back into paintball after not playing for 17 years. I've been out playing 2x now. And the biggest problem I am seeing is refereeing.

The first field I went to was awesome. It was a bunch of older guys and they were playing fair like the old days. And I will be back.

The second field, I went to a big game and it was a complete GONG show. The refs didn't call a single person out for bad behaviour. They didn't re-chrono a single marker. The refs may's well not have been there at all. In the end people were swearing at each other and they were even threatening to beat each other up!!! In any sport when sportsmanship isn't enforced people get fed up and quit.
Glad I'm not alone in this sentiment. It's a joke when the ref's promote seeing some get hurt.
Daltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:35 PM #92
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I actually stopped reffing at a particular field because they stopped giving a darn about safety. Same sort of thing, it just got super lazy. Chrono once at the beginning of the day, 310, 315, close enough, whatever. Goggles, try to keep 'em on when you're on this side of the net I suppose. If you lose your barrel cover, just point the gun at the ground until we can find you another one.

Hell, I've done the "Doc the Bear" bit and carried a roll of duct tape with me reffing, with the active threat to tape masks to heads if I saw them get lifted. Never had anyone lift their mask more than once!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote