PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2019, 05:15 PM #1
TSSOC Thunder

TSSOC Thunder owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
TSSOC Thunder supports Shocker RSX
Weather

I am playing Sunday but not sure if I should bring out my DSR because its suppose to rain all day. Anyone have any issues with their DSR in the rain or cold weather???
Old 11-27-2019, 06:53 PM #2
Mr. Charlie

I wouldn’t play in the pouring rain.

Even though the Pros have used them in those conditions they are sponsored. Dye’s Boards are not waterproof so if you did fry it you would have to pay and replace it yourself or send it in.

You should be fine playing in a light rain/drizzle. Maybe just open the grips up after playing and make sure everything can have a chance to dry if it got wet.
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:03 PM #3
SlaveAway

I played in heavy rain, really depends if you're in the snake or not I'd say. I put a silicon based coating on my board just in case however. Definitely open up the grips after play to make sure it's dry.
SlaveAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:55 AM #4
TSSOC Thunder

TSSOC Thunder owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
TSSOC Thunder supports Shocker RSX
Thanks for the info guys. It's a scenario game on the East coast. I guess I'll wait to see how heavy it will rain. Dont wanna take the chance ruining the board
Old 11-28-2019, 12:37 PM #5
Mr. Charlie

The coating to make your Board water resistant is called “Silicon Conformal Coating”.

You can “paint” the coating onto your Board. Here is Dye Tech Matt’s video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25L3qS5RxgE
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Old 02-19-2020, 05:02 PM #6
paintballa044

has been a member for 10 years
paintballa044 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballa044 is for the Gunfight
paintballa044 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I played with my DSR and M3+ last weekend in 40 degree temps and man was that a mistake. I was probably the only person on the field with barrel brakes galore. The paint was white and it looked like my gun was a snow machine.

Not sure if youre playing in cold and rainy temps but I'd say use something else if you have the chance.

Green Machine DSR for Sale
paintballa044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:21 AM #7
Mr. Charlie

Something isn’t set-up correctly with your Markers.

I’ve never had problems like that with mine or even heard of anything that bad...

Obviously neither Marker should be breaking Paint, especially as much as you make it seem.

But don’t try to get any help or anything, just complain and recommend something else, really?!

And you have a Dye logo as part of your Avatar lol...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 02-20-2020 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:28 AM #8
paintballa044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Something isn’t set-up correctly with your Markers.

I’ve never had problems like that with mine or even heard of anything that bad...

Obviously neither Marker should be breaking Paint, especially as much as you make it seem.

But don’t try to get any help or anything, just complain and recommend something else, really?!

And you have a Dye logo as part of your Avatar lol...

The gun was sent into dye 3x.

2x Solenoid leaks
1x Full board replacement was needed

Gun was sent directly to Billy wing to be tech'd. Maybe he set it up wrong or maybe I sent it to the wrong billy wing.

And my Avatar is an Old school parody of what some paintball companies were known for.

I stand by what I said, the M3+ has not been a reliable platform for me. Ive shot more matrix's than I can count and this has been by far the most unreliable.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:46 PM #9
Mr. Charlie

So you live where it gets cold but sent it to Billy and Dye that are both located in warmer areas of the Country.

Billy in SoFL and Dye in SoCal.

Did you try any of the settings in this thread?

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5966087

I know it helped a lot of people to raise the Dwell to 20+. In fact Dye’s original Firmware update V4.01.1 should have done that automatically as well as raising the maximum Dwell to 24...

A lot of the time I run mine at 20 Dwell with ABS at 5 at 20 seconds.

It also helps to increase the Eye Delay.

I guess it’s possible that you got a lemon, the manufacturing in Taiwan needs better Quality Control.

Then again it could be something as simple as the Paint and Bore size you are using. That would make more sense why both the DSR and M3 are having problems with it...

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 02-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:14 PM #10
paintballa044

Quote:
So you live where it gets cold but sent it to Billy and Dye that are both located in warmer areas of the Country.

Billy in SoFL and Dye in SoCal.

Did you try any of the settings in this thread?

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5966087

I know it helped a lot of people to raise the Dwell to 20+. In fact Dye’s original Firmware update V4.01.1 should have done that automatically as well as raising the maximum Dwell to 24...

A lot of the time I run mine at 20 Dwell with ABS at 5 at 20 seconds.

It also helps to increase the Eye Delay.

I guess it’s possible that you got a lemon, the manufacturing in Taiwan needs better Quality Control.

Then again it could be something as simple as the Paint and Bore size you are using. That would make more sense why both the DSR and M3 are having problems with it...

I bought an .80 carbon fiber UL back for really cold days + the standard .84 and .89 sizes. Used all three with no luck. My dwell was raised but not to 20. I will look test that out this wknd along with the ABS.

We will see where that takes me. Playing vegas in two weeks so I trying to figure this out prior.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:39 PM #11
Mr. Charlie

You should be overboring if it’s cold, really I recommend overboring all of the time. For instance if the Paint is sticking mostly in a .684 I’ll use the .688 barrel back to overbore some.

There is way less chance for paint to break.

Try my recommended settings and Eye Delay at 8.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:06 PM #12
k1rage

Quote:
You should be overboring if it’s cold, really I recommend overboring all of the time. For instance if the Paint is sticking mostly in a .684 I’ll use the .688 barrel back to overbore some.

There is way less chance for paint to break.

Try my recommended settings and Eye Delay at 8.
Yes sir I use the .688 stock barrel the vast majority of the time, overbore for the win!

As for cold weather I've used my in below freezing conditions and it was fine not perfect but no breech beaks, few barrel breaks, only time it broke paint was when I lent it to a young fellow at the field, kid managed to turn it into a blender but I blame his paint, he bought some graffiti and it shot much better.
k1rage is offline   Reply With Quote