PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2015, 01:37 AM #1
ImpulseAbduction

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation The Greatest Year In Paintball To Date:

This was 2006, the NXL became open to all pro teams, over shooting was in every game, playing on was defined, rivalries exploded, Oliver Lang was On the Iron Men, Boston Red Legion WAS the Best team in the world. The sport was growing, crowds were rowdy and in numbers.

And World Cup... was well, the greatest event out there. For those that haven't had a chance to see this yet, or not around the sport at this time you are in for a treat. For those like me, it makes you miss how it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li6sfvKLGKM

If someone could embed this for me I would appreciate it.. doesn't seem to be working.

Just Some of these epic teams in this movie:
Baltimore Trama
Philly All Americans
Raiders
Dynasty
Boston Red Legion
Naughty Dogs
XSV
Joy Division
Aftershock
X-Factor
Iron Men
Infamous
Miami Rage
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Bring Back 15 BPS please and True X Ball.

Last edited by ImpulseAbduction : 10-05-2015 at 01:40 AM.
ImpulseAbduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2015, 12:22 AM #2
pber4life91

pber4life91 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
pber4life91 posts videos on PbNation
i agree. I just got back in the game and everything has changed since 2006-2009. even pbnation isn't as good as it was. i remeber walking to the fields and barely getting a chance to play in the speed ball fields because of how crowded it would get.
pber4life91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:23 AM #3
ImpulseAbduction

Well, welcome back to the sport. You were around it even more recently than I was that is for sure. It is interesting to hear you say that. I just assumed that 2007 -2008 were the big down swing years. Apparently it is much more recent that I realized.

Also, I want to agree with you regarding the forums. However, there seems to be much more organized stuff going on, more videos and connections to the big leagues. But all the small stuff seems to have died off hard. Like Der Der, monkey with a gun etc.

I remember Empire Reloader B and Halo B, and the Velocity were the best loaders around, and they were selling for $85-110 used depending on board upgrades, and the ghetto speed feeds that had come out at the time.

Now, people are practically giving them away.. and I dont remember jamming with them, and they feed fast as hell..

The game has slowed down a bit, and I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I just miss the True, REAL X-Ball. WIth 2 20 minute halves, and 15 BPS with 1-2-3- Auto. man that was awesome. Faster field layouts.
GWC #174
PayPal Verified
-
Bring Back 15 BPS please and True X Ball.
ImpulseAbduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:04 PM #4
Matthewcims

Matthewcims plays in the APPA D4 division
My peak in paintball. Seem like old washed up now that im 27 LOL

2005-2006 I went to CHICAGO d3 XBALL. There was a water park at the event. Just little lazy river n stupid slides. Going out with this post but hell with it. Ate to much white castle (never had it LOL) So much of it. I literally sharted at the event. Cleaned everything up in PORTA JOHN. Cleaned up in the bath house or changing lockers at the park. Then i jumped into the water park, Low and behold Im floating in the lazy river just young and new to the world. God damn Ollie Lang floats by in the lazy river. Dont remember the convo very much but it went quickly. Great time in my life, Glad paintball was a part of my TEEN years. Now that Ive gotten out of trouble and blessed with a decent life, I played paintball 4 times in 2015. Gonna make sure I get out a lot more in 2016, Good people Good times Glad der der vids are around.

FEEDBACK OLD ACCOUNT

Last edited by Matthewcims : 01-19-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Matthewcims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:09 PM #5
Zacharyw93

Cool
Zacharyw93 is offline   Reply With Quote