Old 02-25-2021, 11:25 PM #22
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Where did the flu go? Did all these masks seriously kill off the flu by lowering flu cases and deaths by 95%+, while covid spreads like wild fire? That one sure doesn’t add up.
Yes, the flu being less contagious has been well contained thanks to masks, social distancing, increased hand washing, and virtual meetings. Furthermore there WAS a flu vaccine available for the 2020 flu season. People are hyper aware of symptoms and anything resembling a cold or flu has caused people to stay home or telework. These all added up to drastically reduce the flu:

Binnicker’s lab has run 20,000 flu tests—10 times as many as it processed the season before—and zero have come back positive. “It’s absolutely remarkable,” Binnicker, the Mayo Clinic’s director of clinical virology, told me. “I fully expected there to be a typical influenza season this year.”

Since early fall, about 800,000 laboratory samples have been tested in the United States for the flu and reported to the CDC, and only 1,500 or so have come up positive—a mere 0.2 percent. This time last year, close to 100 times as many flu cases had been identified from nearly the same number of tests.

Remember the flu is caused by an influenza virus for which a preemptive vaccine was available; which may have had a higher "take rate" as well. Covid-19 is caused by a novel coronavirus that has never infected humans before, for which there was not a preemptive vaccine available.
VETERAN MILITIAPaintball

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 02-25-2021 at 11:30 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2021, 07:34 PM #23
North Shore Shooter

Im really glad we got to talking about how Trudeau and his pathetic Liberals are creating a Bill that does nothing to stop the issue. But let's not only **** on current law abiding citizens and on two sports that use guns. Paintball and Airsoft.

What's more annoying is instead of talking about how this will impact canadian PB n AS players, we have 2-3 peeps with massive ignorance and ****ty attitudes take away from the topic and replace it with Covid 19 and how our governments are full of ****. Great job Soccorguy243, Trevor the Great, Jonotwist.
North Shore Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:32 PM #24
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Shore Shooter View Post
Im really glad we got to talking about how Trudeau and his pathetic Liberals are creating a Bill that does nothing to stop the issue. But let's not only **** on current law abiding citizens and on two sports that use guns. Paintball and Airsoft.

What's more annoying is instead of talking about how this will impact canadian PB n AS players, we have 2-3 peeps with massive ignorance and ****ty attitudes take away from the topic and replace it with Covid 19 and how our governments are full of ****. Great job Soccorguy243, Trevor the Great, Jonotwist.
no you have a point, the discussion should not have veered to covid.
I fed a troll. my bad.

getting back on topic,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgPuX86bOpg

Petition E-3201: http://bit.ly/3q5UmfX​

Non-Canadians Support Petition: http://bit.ly/3kIjE2r​

Local MP Locator: http://bit.ly/2PnSHp7​

Saving Airsoft: http://bit.ly/2NNvDQx​

BILL C-21: http://bit.ly/3uQZ3O3

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."

Last edited by jonotwist : 03-04-2021 at 01:01 AM.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:20 PM #25
hth_1
Another Canadian

plays in the NXL
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
hth_1 supports Ninja Paintball
Where are the Quebec and Ontario people on this? Certainly they must also be upset
-EMek
-EMG100
-Urban HDE GMek
-Phantoms
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM #26
Blue Air Tech
Great White North

My thoughts on C-21.

TLDR: I am a paintballer and this affects me none son.

Quoted from the C-21 Bill Break down:

Ensure mid-velocity 'replica' firearms are prohibited, update the Criminal Code to ensure that any device, including an unregulated airgun that looks exactly like a conventional regulated firearm (i.e., shoots over 500 feet per second), is prohibited for the purposes of import, export, sale and transfer.

I think Airsoft should get regulated to a do not cross FPS just like paintball.

In my personal opinion and experience the Airsoft community does not always adhere to strict FPS limits.

Start painting the tip of the barrels orange again, no one can eye the bore diameter difference between 6mm and 5.56mm, this should not be up to the public or law enforcement to distinguish between.

Current owners may keep their 'replicas' but cannot transfer them to anyone else.
No further 'replica' firearms could be imported into, or sold/transferred in Canada.
This amendment does not affect other types of airguns that do not exactly replicate a conventional regulated firearm.

The last line is the door at the end of the tunnel for an Airsoft player, ensure your equipment does not fully replicate a real firearm.

I can spot a paintball marker at 50 yards in a blink, but I sometimes have to handle an Airsoft pistol or rifle to tell the difference. (I am a rifle owner as well so don't jump down my throat.)

Finally the C-21 Bill is big, and not aimed at this problem at all, it addresses other issues aimed at firearms in Canada. The Airsoft/Milsim community is not the tip of the spear on this one, actual firearm owners are.

My suggestion (and I know I'll get flakked bad for this) is for the community to read the rules, understand them and figure out a way to continue doing what they love inside of the policies. If that means setting national FPS limits, orange tipped barrels and waring labels on the side of your rig to point out it isn't real then do it. Because in my opinion all the community is doing screaming loud with their hands in their pockets while the government takes it all quietly away.

If you hate me for my opinion on this matter turn it into energy against this problem, lighting me up will get you nowhere.
Blue Air Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM #27
jonotwist
Needs more Enthusiasm!

has been a member for 10 years
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Air Tech View Post
TLDR: I am a paintballer and this affects me none son.

I think Airsoft should get regulated to a do not cross FPS just like paintball.

Finally the C-21 Bill is big, and not aimed at this problem at all, it addresses other issues aimed at firearms in Canada. The Airsoft/Milsim community is not the tip of the spear on this one, actual firearm owners are.

My suggestion (and I know I'll get flakked bad for this) is for the community to read the rules, understand them and figure out a way to continue doing what they love inside of the policies. If that means setting national FPS limits, orange tipped barrels and waring labels on the side of your rig to point out it isn't real then do it

If you hate me for my opinion on this matter turn it into energy against this problem, lighting me up will get you nowhere.
heavier self regulation is not a bad idea,

one gripe I know airsofters will bring up is how the gear they have is limited. They classify FPS limits by the class of gun you have. it may just be the ticket to still reign in the FPS limits, but do so across the board sniper/lmg what have you.

The law as is can do better to regulate look alike airsoft and paintball markers though. it seem the issue its trying to address is brandishing.

If the airsoft gear stays locked away until play, no problem I suppose.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose.
Sometimes it's how many pages you can add to the rulebook."
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.