Community Focus

Old 10-07-2018, 05:15 PM #526
pynis

has been a member for 10 years
pynis plays in the APPA D5 division
pynis is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pynis is Boss
Urban camo jt team pants. ripped literally the second time i slid in them

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
pynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2018, 10:30 PM #527
AggElvis
TCOB

AggElvis is playing at Living Legends III
This is the real struggle. I had all of mine do that.

Sent from Elvis Presley's phone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2018, 10:26 AM #528
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
10 Year old PM8 & 13 Year old Stange Shocker. Used both at the field once or twice and the noids started leaking shortly there after. Par for the course on older guns.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:50 AM #529
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynis View Post
Urban camo jt team pants. ripped literally the second time i slid in them
I remember being so excited when those came out and saved up cash just to buy them.

Mine lasted the whole day the first time, but I was playing on a field with tall, lush grass.

The next time was turf and while I don't remember how long they lasted, I know it ripped early in the day. Spent all that day with my boxers hanging out.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 PM #530
Lt Gibby

The 2nd a5 I bought off ebay with a g36 shroud kit. I'm sure the seller was super happy to be rid of that dead weight.

But my worst had to be the 4 extra mags for the hammer 7. As if the h7 wasn't bad enough, the extra mags didn't make it any better.
Lt Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:59 PM #531
madweazl
Hookers & Blow

madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
madweazl has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eigenbolt for an Invert Mini; looked like it was hacked up in a basement. Perhaps the later versions had a better fit/finish.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:24 AM #532
Lee.g

Both barrel upgrades for my a5. I bought a 21” ‘sniper barrel’ by CP. It was NOT an improvement. Looked alright, and wasn’t expensive, so it wasn’t too terrible, but very difficult to maneuver with. It actually short more accurately with just the 5” barrel back 😂.

When I got back into paintball a few years ago (after about an 8 year break), I bought a flatline barrel for it off eBay for about $50. I always heard they were solid barrels, so I picked one up pretty much immediately. That damn thing shoots in every direction except for straight. Shots hooked right an left all over the place, but never where I was aiming. Pretty disappointing.

The good news in that whole story, though, is that my a5 lasted for about 15 years, and still worked like a champ after sitting in a garage and a closet for almost a decade. I’m a planet eclipse guy through and through now, but Tippmann will always have a place in my heart. I’ll probably never part with that thing, and it has resumed slumber in my closet.
Lee.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:02 PM #533
1floppy

GXG swab, saw reviews saying it broke in half in their barrel and I thought to myself that wont happen to me. Good thing it was only like $5 for 3.
1floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:25 PM #534
Syngraves923
Big Guy Little Bunker

Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Syngraves923 plays in the APPA D4 division
brass eagle avenger from walmart when I was 12. Shot one hopper through it and it worked perfectly. Next time I took it out it leaked from literally everywhere.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:33 AM #535
CodSack03
18 years later

CodSack03 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
CodSack03 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
CodSack03 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CodSack03 supports Ninja Paintball
When I first became interested in the idea of playing tournament paintball, I bought a “friends” 2005 red and silver accented Angel Gat edt marker. I spent 550 on it and realized finding parts for it was difficult, especially for a 15 year old. It had a small leak that I couldn’t fix and would hold enough air to play 1 game at a time. It was fast as **** but super uneconomical for a kid in my financial situation at the time. I got out of paintball once I started college but kept my gear with a close friend at home who could store it. We got back into the sport one summer and swore we’d keep to it each summer to give us something to do. That friend of mine passed that December which was awful in itself but I also lost all my paintball gear as his sister promptly sold it all not knowing what it was even worth.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:22 AM #536
jtcraig93
P.E. ETEK 5 & Spyder Xtra

jtcraig93 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bought a JT Headshield mask in 2009 that covered my entire head. It did have a thermal lens but man was it hard to hear and breathe in. The thing was just too bulky. I was kinda afraid of getting shot in the head/face area. But I'm glad that when I got back into the sport in my 20's I went with something more sleek and slim profiled.
jtcraig93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:46 PM #537
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Medadyne Thumper. They work for a limited time, but they are known paperweights.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:21 AM #538
zro.demise
"Back in the Day"

zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
zro.demise owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Evil Omen. It looked cool, had a back block like at autococker but functioned with simplicity like a Spyder/Piranha. The Evil Pimp was out of my price range so decided to go with it. It never worked. I would spend to an hour before the first game to get it working every time I would get to the field. The slap feed system just broke balls in the breach if you shot in cold weather or semi-brittle tourney grade paint. The stock board was slow. Maybe 11bps was achievable in uncapped semi? Maybe. It was also heavy. About as heavy as my 2K WGP cockers which inevitably I would shoot instead using the Omen about half way through the day.
zro.demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:59 AM #539
Knorkator
Mini/Axe/Autococker

All upgrade parts i bought for my A5.

Cheap GXG horizontal battlepack and marker bag...both started to come apart after 1 day of playing.

Most recently the XL Carbon Marker Case from HK Army. Seams of the handle are way to weak. At least i got my money back.
Knorkator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM #540
ChuckLove

ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ChuckLove owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Non-Vision (blind) SFT Shocker when they came out. I had no idea how to properly maintain a spool at 14 and it would blend paint like mad once I got on the trigger.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:48 PM #541
tannaj2

pmr i hated that gun. i gave it away.
tannaj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:31 PM #542
Chillswitch Engage

Azodin Blitz. Could never get it to consistently work, think I got a mini after that. A close second would be some hammerhead rifled barrel kit.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:04 PM #543
1st-Out

Buying into the upgrade hype train and spending all my money on tricking out a 98 Custom instead of buying a better marker.
1st-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:12 PM #544
GigoloSoldier

My first major paintball purchase (from 888paintball) was around 2002. I bought an original Diablo Mongoose LCD for about $200.

The Mongoose leaked air from the fittings, never got past about 250fps even with the Diablo spring kit I bought later on, chopped paint, the screen was nice and bright but it decimated 9V batteries and it is a Spyder so it was loud. Even the LCD screen was loud on that gun.

Oh and taking it apart for cleaning could cost you your life. If the bolt is pulled back the only way to release it is to air up the gun and pull the trigger. If you don't release the pressure on the spring when you pull the locking pin out all of the internals will launch out of the gun with a force never before witnessed by humanity. I forgot about that and took it apart about a year ago when I found it in storage (where it had been sitting since 2004) and it put a dent in my ceiling.
GigoloSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote