Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 AM #1
roomisonfire

Imagine Parts, am I Screwed?

Haven't played in about 15 years but folks at work are wanting to set up a session sometime in the future. I'm looking to get my old Spyder Imagine back in fighting shape but I'm struggling to find a couple parts. Specifically the 23FA Striker Plug and 293 Thumb Adjuster w/Screw.

All the parts sites are sold out (part hasn't been manufactured since before I quit playing probably) and I'm not finding much on ebay either. So, anyone know some corner of the web I haven't seen yet, or failing that would anyone know if any of the plugs for the other Spyder markers might work instead? A lot of them seem to thread in so I'm sure that's a no-go but I have seen one or two that seem like they take the quick release pin like the Imagine has. Thanks in advance.
roomisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2021, 06:49 PM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

has been a member for 10 years
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
brass tax, its all the same stuff mostly from before 2008 as i'm sure your familiar with the many flavors the body/frames came as they all can pretty much be swapped around except a couple things.

As for the rear striker plug, pick one you like it all fits if it looks like a plug. Most of them are the bottom plug with the top covered and an oval pin. The older stuff uses a little clip that falls out with is probably why you lost it. For that reason i always just recommend snagging a VS style plug and a longer screw that goes through the grip/frame to pin the plug. Its also only a bottom plug so you can covert your bolt for a quick release if your feeling ambitious.

edit: where to find the parts? yes. Good question. Look at every "spyder parts" sections and manually click through every page till you find what you need if google can't get you there. I usually start with ansgear, and i've found iisports to be a place that seems to have been buying old stock from all the stores that closed over the years. Good luck because i've honestly bought whole lots of "for parts" listings on ebay too.

"Originally posted by E99_Curt: Shouldn't you be busy making a marker?
"

Last edited by ferret15 : 02-20-2021 at 06:52 PM.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote