Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2020, 04:09 PM #1
Jbabycsx

Pack Advice

I’ve got my pants, barrel kit and a few other things based on feedback from the forum. My next purchase will be a pod pack. I like the looks of the strapless packs but I’m not against having straps. Whats a good pack to start with?
Jbabycsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2020, 05:02 PM #2
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
First thing to consider is the pack size. Not how big the belt is, but how many pods you need. The way to determine that is asking the question "with my particular gun, and my particular tank, how many useful shots can I get?". So, say you can shoot 800 balls on a full fill (older gun, not super efficient). If your hopper is about 200 balls, that leaves 4 pods you could shoot. Not much point having more than 4 pods in your pack, you'd just be carrying extra weight.

That said, the modern strapless packs are pretty slick, but you want to make sure your pods are stout enough to not pop open hanging around in it. Bunker Kings makes a great pack if you're going that route. Personally, I run a strap pack, because I'm an old guy. Mine's currently an Empire pack I got from one of the Infamous guys a bunch of years ago. It does everything I need it to when I play that style. If I'm playing scenario, I have a BT chest rig I won at an event, which puts the pods to my front (gives me a place to put them when they're empty), and a Camelback water system on my back. Totally balanced, and gives me enough paint to get through most events.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 PM #3
Jbabycsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
First thing to consider is the pack size. Not how big the belt is, but how many pods you need. The way to determine that is asking the question "with my particular gun, and my particular tank, how many useful shots can I get?". So, say you can shoot 800 balls on a full fill (older gun, not super efficient). If your hopper is about 200 balls, that leaves 4 pods you could shoot. Not much point having more than 4 pods in your pack, you'd just be carrying extra weight.

That said, the modern strapless packs are pretty slick, but you want to make sure your pods are stout enough to not pop open hanging around in it. Bunker Kings makes a great pack if you're going that route. Personally, I run a strap pack, because I'm an old guy. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.pbnation.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] Mine's currently an Empire pack I got from one of the Infamous guys a bunch of years ago. It does everything I need it to when I play that style. If I'm playing scenario, I have a BT chest rig I won at an event, which puts the pods to my front (gives me a place to put them when they're empty), and a Camelback water system on my back. Totally balanced, and gives me enough paint to get through most events.
Four is the most I see myself wanting in a pack. I think I have it narrowed down between Bunker Kings and the HK Army Zero G. I wouldn’t be opposed to a vest style though. I need to look into those.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:50 PM #4
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
The biggest thing with the vest, for me, is that I do have a place to put my empty pods in a big game. Not the environment where you want to just toss pods when you load. The down side to it is that it does put the pods on the torso, so if you get hit in the body, you're guaranteed to have the hit break. Sometimes you don't feel it, which is a good way to get called for playing on, even unintentionally.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:49 PM #5
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Here are some threads to help you get started:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5983101

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5988073

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=6002261

I prefer the BK V5 Supreme Pack 4+7, never had any problems with the Pack itself.

I’ve heard that the Velcro that holds the Pod Holders onto the HK Army Zero-G Packs will wear out over time and you can then lose your Pods and Paint while playing.

I’ve seen a couple different people use those Vest Packs and they seem awkward to me...

The main 4 Pod Holders on the BK V5 Supreme Pack stay open all of the time. I’ve replaced empty Pods into those spots in my Pack while playing too - if that’s a “feature”.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie : 02-20-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:22 PM #6
Jbabycsx

Anyone know where I can find the GI Sportz Glide pack in a 4 pod multi cam setup? I can find the 3 but not the 4 in the US.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:17 PM #7
ekkthree
Covid - free

ekkthree owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ekkthree owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
ekkthree plays in the APPA D5 division
ekkthree has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ekkthree supports Ninja Paintball
https://www.choicepaintballguns.com/...-glide-harness

i use a strapless zero g myself

GoPro full set up