Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2021, 10:45 AM #1
Wartex

Here we freaking go again; Canadian PE pricing

I just wanted to bring this up again. PE you need to stop gouging Canadians. I spoke to several vendors and they all insist they are following MAP and not slipping in extra markup.

EMF100 is $490 USD at ANS which is 618 CAD (so much for the original $450 USD price eh?)

It is $755 CAD at badlands, ($868 after taxes)
https://www.badlandspaintball.com/pl...-paintball-gun

We are talking 755-618 = $137 CAD ($157 after tax) difference, or 22% higher price.

Jack we already discussed this, and you told me a ballad about how you could only get parts at Belsales back in the day with a huge markup. Belsales did this because they are *******s and had monopoly. Now badlands is doing the same thing. Well, it's not 90's anymore, and global logistics are much easier now, and there is no reason for 22% price hike.

In case PE holds any illusions about cutting off Canadian market from ANSGear by enforcing no shipping and no warranty, please know that we totally still buy at ANS, and use freight forwarders.

I will allow the fact that Badlands is the worst distributor in Canada and I am sure have a hand in higher pricing. I just want to state that I do not expect total price parity. I will still support local if it was 5-10% above USA price. But at +22% I am not buying in Canada. This is a really ****ty thing to do to an already weak market.
Wartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2021, 11:04 AM #2
Mr. Charlie

Any reason you can’t order directly from P.E.?

Sucks that Badlands basically has a monopoly...
Dye Whiteout M3s, Dye Black and Silver IM Pro DSR+, MacDev Aqua Camo Clone GTI, and Black Empire Resurrection Pump - Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse TKO Tank Regulators - Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000 - Jax Shredders - CRBN Paintball - Punisher’s PB
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:30 PM #3
The Jayster
Old timer

The Jayster owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartex View Post
I just wanted to bring this up again. PE you need to stop gouging Canadians. I spoke to several vendors and they all insist they are following MAP and not slipping in extra markup.

EMF100 is $490 USD at ANS which is 618 CAD (so much for the original $450 USD price eh?)

It is $755 CAD at badlands, ($868 after taxes)
https://www.badlandspaintball.com/pl...-paintball-gun

We are talking 755-618 = $137 CAD ($157 after tax) difference, or 22% higher price.

Jack we already discussed this, and you told me a ballad about how you could only get parts at Belsales back in the day with a huge markup. Belsales did this because they are *******s and had monopoly. Now badlands is doing the same thing. Well, it's not 90's anymore, and global logistics are much easier now, and there is no reason for 22% price hike.

In case PE holds any illusions about cutting off Canadian market from ANSGear by enforcing no shipping and no warranty, please know that we totally still buy at ANS, and use freight forwarders.

I will allow the fact that Badlands is the worst distributor in Canada and I am sure have a hand in higher pricing. I just want to state that I do not expect total price parity. I will still support local if it was 5-10% above USA price. But at +22% I am not buying in Canada. This is a really ****ty thing to do to an already weak market.
I second this 1,000%.

I could understand if Badlands were to charge a small premium to allow for exchange rate fluctuations. For instance, they buy items at a rate of 1.3% then the rate goes down to 1.25%. You can't expect them to lower the price accordingly. So they must try to anticipate fluctuations and therefore allow for a reasonable extra margin. I get that.

But man... sometimes that margin is above 10%, often even above 20. That is why I always order my PE stuff from ANS Gear. I'd rather pay the odd tax and fee here and there then suffer price gouging. And YES ANS Gear will ship whatever I ask of them.

Paintball as an industry in Canada has already one foot in the grave. If I'd be forced to buy exclusively from Badlands and from the stores that are forced to buy their stuff from them as well, that'll be the day I'll sell all of my gear.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:47 PM #4
Punishers

Just as a reference, you can always buy the Emek and EMF100 from Punisher's and we will ship to any freight forwarder in the domestic US to help out with this issue of getting you the guns at MAP.
Punisher's Paintball
2234 Stumbo Road
Ontario, OH 44906
Punishers is offline   Reply With Quote