PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2016, 03:40 PM #1
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

has been a member for 10 years
Obama Immigration Plan Blocked By 4-4 Tie at the Supreme Court

The outcome underscores that the direction of U.S. immigration policy will be determined in large part by this fall's presidential election, a campaign in which immigration already has played an outsized role.

This is why it is so important for Trump to win and make the noms to the SC. Immigration is the biggest issue facing the nation this election cycle.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2016, 03:25 PM #2
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
This is why it is so important for Trump to win
This tie vote in the Supreme Court simply blocks the executive order. They decided he was over reaching his executive authority missing a 'liberal' justices vote. Ok fine. We have to accept that.

Now this bill was largely to allow immediate members of families to stay together. Some members American citizens. Others illegal immigrants. The bill would suspend deportation of persons in this category.

I thought, not too long ago the GOP was campaigning on 'family values'.

But I guess they were talking about white, conservative, anti gay family values and not FAMILIES as an integral unit in our society and culture..

Splitting up members of a household is NOT pro family in any sense of the word.

Well, it will take an act of Congress to deal with immigration issues. Especially for Latinos.

Who wins the Presidency will have nothing to do with the legislation until it is passed by Both houses of Congress. They sign it or veto it.

The silver lining of the ABSENCE of a Supreme Court ruling is that MILLIONS of American citizens and voters of Latino origin have been highly motivated to vote the Democratic Ticket for the HOUSE and SENATE seats as well as the presidency.

Quote of the week. "There are not enough white males in this country to elect Donald Trump president."

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:41 PM #3
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Splitting up members of a household is NOT pro family in any sense of the word.
According to that logic, the government is splitting up families every time the government sends someone to jail. I know what you're thinking... "but you can visit family members while they're in jail." My response... you can visit family members in Mexico too. You're missing the forest through the tress here, Boom. When someone is somewhere they don't belong, they have to leave.

Walk into some stranger's house, you'll have to leave.
Enter into a theater or stadium without proper admission, you'll have to leave.
Enter upon a secure government facility, you'll have to leave.
Trespass on someone's private property, you'll have to leave.
Illegally sneak across a border and enter a foreign country without documentation... the DEM's say you can stay.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 PM #4
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

If a legal citizen commits a felony and gets locked up, the government dgaf about your family. Wetbacks should be extended the same courtesy.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:51 AM #5
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
Wetbacks should be extended the same courtesy.
They are. Didn't you know that? But YES, for minor offenders it is easier and certainly CHEAPER to deport them than incarcerate them and THEN deport them.

Where are you getting your information? The internet?

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote