Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
It's looking like it might be a cold and rainy ICPL this weekend. Should be a good test of everyone's equipment.
You are just describing England.... I expect the PE guns to be fine
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM #5966
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post

As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan..
The only content worthy of further discussion.

(And totally sig-worthy material, as evidenced below.)

Lurker27:
As far as I can tell, both Dye and PE don't have real issues with their britches"
Jack Wood: I certainly have no issue with my trousers. You're 100% correct there, Ryan.."

Last edited by imped4now : Yesterday at 10:32 AM.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM #5967
Intern1

Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Intern1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Intern1 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Breech design:
Of course, to really figure this stuff out, what you'd really want is a system that allows many different breech setups to be rapidly prototyped, while keeping the rest of a production marker exactly the same. Maybe we could bore out the breech area, and use a strong plastic insert system. If it carried the detents, we'd have full freedom to test all of these systems and really optimize the breech.
Hey, that kind of sounds like the dye eye pipe!

Last edited by Intern1 : Yesterday at 10:38 AM.
Intern1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM #5968
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
You are just describing England.... I expect the PE guns to be fine
Going back in time a bit here, but what first got me into Planet Eclipse guns (outside of ebladed cockers) was that the Ego was the first gun I had seen that could work reliably and without breaking massive amounts of paint when I was living in Montana. It was cold most of the year so just taking an off season for the winter really wasn’t an option. There was some hesitation at first since they Ego was new and most people were running Intimidators, but once a couple people had them at the field it was pretty clear that it was consistently more reliable than everything else.

Anything with a spool valve was almost completely unusable (or at least without great headache/frustration) back then due to bolt stick. Looking at what people are using there now and it’s almost exclusively markers using the Gamma Core which to me says a lot about it’s ability to operate in extreme cold. Fortunately I don’t have to deal with that currently and can play in 70-80 degree weather mostly year around.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : Yesterday at 11:56 AM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM #5969
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
@Ryan,
Macdevís current breech is nice to have when you get a massive break. I donít have to worry about paint getting past any crevices and possibly compromising the eyes. Later on, thorough clean up is less of an issue. During a point you actually clean almost all of it, so at home cleaning that part is almost not needed. Basically it gives me more peace of mind, I think or worry less. An almost watertight breech seems solid.

PEís breech in the CS2 is definitely a step forward. I do remember that some had complained that when a bad break occurred, paint got past the prism assembly and onto the eyes. Maybe a gasket added to the next version could fully seal up that area.

My personal experience lately with the eye pipe was something I thought I might see eventually. I know John is looking to improve it even more. I think catching him before he goes to print is important. I still think of myself sometimes as the soldier on the field testing weapons and reporting back

I think what Iím asking for most is, a watertight breech, to prevent leakage, and to allow simple but thorough cleaning. It doesnít have to look exactly like Macdevís version, hence why I say the big companies put their spin on it. But the end result is the same.

@Jack and John,
The angle of the tip of the bolt on your guns I understood, due to videos and explanations giving here or somewhere else. I now compare that to everything else that arrives into my collection.

@Ryan again,
Iíve had some ideas similar to yours to help place the ball in the breech. I think Jack mentioned something about the sft failing, and that scratches one idea already. One idea I had was inspired by a valve in the heart, and I imagined how the bolt would interact with this new piece, so I modified it to have more finger like attributes. Itís cool reading about your ideas though.
-Operation Paintball Paintball Park [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Paintball Park [ host of Ninjaball tournament series ]
-Inception Designs/Simon Stevens Mechanical Markers
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na ( click the link to shop )
-Powerhouse Competition Regulators

Current Favorite Markers
-Adrenaline TM40
-M3+
-HK Army Shocker AMP/CC
-FLE Emek

Team
Geoís Phantoms
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:13 AM #5970
Mr. Charlie

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
New Dye Video appears to have a M4 Prototype! https://www.reddit.com/r/paintball/c..._new_from_dye/

Sounds super quiet and Billy said “there’s a mouse in there” lol.
Lava DSR+ and M3+, Dynasty Scales CS1, Carbon Fiber PAL EMEK, and Black-Lime Splash M2 all with Ninja SL2 77/4500 tanks with PowerHouse Haymaker Gen. III tank Regulators! Spyder Sonix with Empire Pure Energy 48/3000.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote