Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2016, 07:25 AM #1
RedBeer'd

Dynasty Ion not cycling at all...

I have a TON of different Ion parts... Cans, breaches, bolts, boards, solenoid assemblies, eyes, pretty much you name it. I can build three or four Ions with what I have. BUT, I built my brother a Dynasty Ion to use. And its giving me fits. Here are a list of the upgrades on the marker currently:
Dynasty Ion body
CP reg
CP rail and asa
Firebolt
Blackheart board
NDZ clamping feedneck
360 QEV
virtue eyes

The issue its having does not make sense to me. I've cleaned the solenoid out, changed ALL O-rings, serviced and lubed the reg (also switched out with two other regs), cleaned and lubed the bolt(s)... Tried more than one bolt, cleaned the eyes, interchanged and tried every can/breach combo I have, played with all the settings on the blackheart (dwell, rof, debounce, abs dwell) and also set back to "stock" settings, even tried different boards, multiple new batteries...

It refuses to cycle. The solenoid strokes. The board lights up like its telling it to fire. Hell, sometimes when I leave it sit for a day or so, and put the air back on it, it may even fire for a second... But stops firing briefly after.

I'm stumped... If I cant get it to work, I'm going to just part it out and wash my hands of Smart Parts guns all together. Pretty frustrating. If you have any suggestions, please, let me know. Otherwise, this thing is headed to the highest bidder. Thanks Nation.
RedBeer'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM #2
Medamorfis

I have an ion with a bad solenoid, do you have one?
Medamorfis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM #3
ousooners

ousooners owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
ousooners has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ousooners has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Check your piston armature on the board. The black rubber might be bad. If it's bad it will have a circle from the hole and that means the rubber is to soft and stays closed and won't open so it won't fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ousooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:09 PM #4
Irvinport0809

Do you still have any boards?
Irvinport0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:59 AM #5
Medamorfis

Does the capacitor have any visible damage? Or it might be your armature.
Medamorfis is offline   Reply With Quote