PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 11-06-2019, 09:01 AM #106
BostonDolFan81

BostonDolFan81 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Looks good

I like the shape and magnetic disassembly. The level is a nice touch too - definitely see that being useful. Just don't understand how it doesn't come with the ramps. The Spire III includes the ramps.
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2019, 09:06 AM #107
laysomepaint

laysomepaint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
weight forward on the gun will counter act the rise of the barrel when shooting.
Ooh, good point. I wonder how much that matters now that everyone is using spoolies though.
laysomepaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:54 PM #108
spifbob

spifbob supports Cereal Killerz 2
spifbob supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
Cameras and timers are definitely things we've often looked at. Lots of reasons to do it and equally as many technical reasons, and most importantly, mass market based alternatives to not do it.

Incidentally, on this subject, I've spoken with several of the manufacturers and also the NXL about looking into the future and defining a technical standard that would be implemented down the road (and announced a year or more beforehand) about allowing some degree of technology in terms of communication of equipment or players etc. There's a lot more to that topic, but I personally feel the gear technology rules are not only outdated, but are holding us back from making some innovative products.

Imagine for instance everyone having a scoreboard broadcast to their watch, loader or gun. There's even more cool stuff that can be done to enhance the playing experience. I personally feel that "how loud can you shout until you go hoarse" is incidental to Paintball and actually detracts from the playing experience and even holds back talent development.

One aspect of my suggestion to the "NXL technology roadmap" for consideration, that I'm definitely in favor of is a closed circuit audio channel for each team that everyone can listen into, and no one except players on the field can broadcast on.

How awesome would it be to plan moves in real time, and have fans follow your live audio stream? Coordinated moves would be more sophisticated and all you "lose" by allowing the tech is the ability to engage in low resolution angry garbled shouting. Meh... That is a skill of sorts, but it's a hell of a lot better skill to talk to three teammates with clarity and execute a sweet move while under fire AND being listened to clearly by thousands of fans in real-time.

So yes, I do love me some tech based solutions. I want to go farther than pocket watches and gopros 🙂
Why not just allow wireless communication at this point? (assume any cheating issues get resolved) Imagine what that would do to the speed and coordination that you could achieve (and how cool that might look to the audience)?
spifbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:31 PM #109
Nelso142

yessss
Nelso142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:10 PM #110
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Wireless HUD that has built audio communication and visual Field Maps and automatically keeps track of G’s and also has a POV Camera?
Old 11-06-2019, 10:19 PM #111
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
For those of you who don't mind spending more and not waiting, Bunkerking has a limited supply of CTRL hoppers for sale here at World Cup in the Virtue tent. They are full price though, not the preorder discounted price.

John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:35 AM #112
NJatGU

plays in the NXL 2
NJatGU is an NCPA player
NJatGU supports DLX Technology
I'm on the fence only because there are 345 backers out of the 1500 backers needed to include the spring ramps. What is the last day to pre-order?
NJatGU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:31 PM #113
MP40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJatGU View Post
I'm on the fence only because there are 345 backers out of the 1500 backers needed to include the spring ramps. What is the last day to pre-order?
agreed I am looking for when it ends
MP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 04:31 PM #114
cellophane303

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
This isn't a knock on anyone wanting everything to cost $99 and/or have the upgrades too... But there is a market for speed feeds and ramps we need to charge for it because the costs are real, higher than people think an the volumes are lower than than most think.
Because it has always interested me - what kind of volume are products like this (e.g. paintball gear / markers) typically produced in? Are we talking 10,000 or 1,000,000 (or more)? Just in general, not specifically related to this particular product. A quick tally of the crowdfunding page comes up with 332 total units which is surprising low, but considering that this was just released this week (i think?) it doesn't seem too bad.
cellophane303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:47 PM #115
BatmanLiera

BatmanLiera supports DLX Technology
BatmanLiera supports Shocker RSX
BatmanLiera supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJatGU View Post
Same boat. And i also would like to know the deadline. Debating this or tfx2. Also wondering which is lighter, i guess the weight of this ctrl is without battery amd the tfx2 is with its rechargeable battery
Old 11-09-2019, 11:56 PM #116
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I believe they do it so they donít lose money and have somewhat of a guage of interest...
wait until you find out the cost of manufacturing injection molded plastic pieces. (nothing wrong with that for anyone looking to debate me saying this. I wish I had the ability to make injection molds and pour plastic at home - that **** would be tight)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:56 AM #117
alex v
DizzyPB

Is the feedback as small as the Spire 3's?
alex v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:39 PM #118
r45vt

r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I picked up a mask on the last kickstarter and had less than zero regrets. Picked up a second mask on the special offer to backers.

Ordered black loader. My TFX and rotor work well until the paint goes to **** from heat, spire works though. Hopefully this loader will work even with the worst paint like the spire. I like the form factor here much better.

I can't wait.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:34 AM #119
Victits

My only concern is the hinge system. I would hate for it to be another gi lvl and it just fall to pieces with a hard dive.
Victits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM #120
JakeLemp

JakeLemp is playing at Living Legends VIII
JakeLemp is playing at Living Legends IX
JakeLemp owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JakeLemp supports Ninja Paintball
I had the chance to use one while at Cup (teammate bought one). It’s lighter and a little more compact than the Spire 3’s. It is a nice loader. I had the speed feed lid open up on a few dives and lost some paint. That was annoying but other than that I think it’s solid. I didn’t find myself using the leveling feature either but I only had around 4 spins with it.

#FreeBobbyShmurda
JakeLemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:35 PM #121
ReDzY
PRO.MODE

Anyone catch when these will ship?

OLD SCHOOL FEEDBACK (28+/0-)
ReDzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 AM #122
r45vt

r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDzY View Post
Anyone catch when these will ship?
I thought I had read Jan.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:08 AM #123
Victits

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLemp View Post
I had the chance to use one while at Cup (teammate bought one). It’s lighter and a little more compact than the Spire 3’s. It is a nice loader. I had the speed feed lid open up on a few dives and lost some paint. That was annoying but other than that I think it’s solid. I didn’t find myself using the leveling feature either but I only had around 4 spins with it.
Yeah that already sounds annoying. Just like the speed feeds on the lvl always popping open.

That's why I love how the spire ir is practically all one piece.Not a single issue yet.
Victits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:42 PM #124
dm4kid7

Anyone know if they hav any left from WC? On the site it says they have the black in stock.
dm4kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:10 PM #125
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor

NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL works for a Paintball manufacturer
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm4kid7 View Post
Anyone know if they hav any left from WC? On the site it says they have the black in stock.
After cup we just had a few green, blue, and purple left. They are going on a road trip with the booth currently. So no online stock impact from the left overs.
VirtuePB.com
Bunkerkings
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:19 PM #126
MP40

Looked at the post again - says pricing will increase November 18th, 2019.

If your on the fence now is the time to get one. I took the leap and ordered one.
MP40 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.