Kappa123

Annual Supporting Member
Spyder Ftw is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spyder Ftw is an NCPA player
Spyder Ftw is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No, I have not. Is that what players at the Las Vegas NXL shot?
It looked like the new 5 star boxes on the webcast from what I saw, could be wrong.
Spyder Ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2019, 11:41 AM #149
madweazl
Hookers & Blow

madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
madweazl has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What was the consensus on the new design/formula? Was a video ever made?
Old 12-25-2019, 05:07 PM #150
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
The GI we had this season. Field, 1, 2 and 3 star were less than impressive. The only time it was good is when I think a bunch of custom was branded as field.

There was next to no difference between field 1 and 2. The shell was hit and miss the fill was very starchíy. The 3* is where it got somewhat more consistent.

But for us rental fields this paint wasnít a hit.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:11 PM #151
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Damn, I was reading this hoping for a change (for the better). GI FPO land here in the Midwest SUCKS
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:34 AM #152
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
This news is over 2 years old and their paint is still ****.

Get it together GI!

Even the Custom Blend is crap.

Everything I’ve shot from them has been inconsistent in size and brittleness.

They bought up most of the paint companies and formulas and still produce Paint that is barely worth shooting...
Old 12-26-2019, 03:37 AM #153
inertstatic

inertstatic owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
The 3 star they sent to my local recball field was actually pretty good this last season.

Old PBN Feedback:
34/0/0
inertstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:49 AM #154
TheBroz
aka Harry Potter

TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
TheBroz owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The key problem with GI paint, at least in the UK is inconsistency. Super fresh 4/5/Evil is awesome but anything beneath that level is a complete crapshoot. Even when freshly delivered (from GI) I’ve had 3 star that’s basically square but then I’ve had other 3 star and custom that’s been fantastic.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:19 AM #155
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroz View Post
The key problem with GI paint, at least in the UK is inconsistency. Super fresh 4/5/Evil is awesome but anything beneath that level is a complete crapshoot. Even when freshly delivered (from GI) Iíve had 3 star thatís basically square but then Iíve had other 3 star and custom thatís been fantastic.
4 years ago or so, this was a midwest issue as well. the 2 star was always consistent but not fantastic for the longest time. Something happened and it got so inconsistent that I refused to use GI paint unless it was 4 star or higher.

Valken paint is terrible too, at least the grafitti (which some players swear is the second coming of Jesus) One of the last events I played at for he year, it was like shooting rocks. The field owner pretty much said that he's planning on switching paint brands after several bad experiences.

Isn't nelson making paint again, or one of old companies? How do i go about getting my hands on that, in the midwest?
Old 12-26-2019, 08:00 AM #156
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
4 years ago or so, this was a midwest issue as well. the 2 star was always consistent but not fantastic for the longest time. Something happened and it got so inconsistent that I refused to use GI paint unless it was 4 star or higher.

Valken paint is terrible too, at least the grafitti (which some players swear is the second coming of Jesus) One of the last events I played at for he year, it was like shooting rocks. The field owner pretty much said that he's planning on switching paint brands after several bad experiences.

Isn't nelson making paint again, or one of old companies? How do i go about getting my hands on that, in the midwest?
They still make paint for paintball but over the years they have gone more towards the LEO/training market. They also have marking paintballs for animal tracking and deterrence.

They are located in the middle of nowhere out in Kingsford Michigan.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:19 AM #157
madweazl
Hookers & Blow

madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
madweazl owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
madweazl has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post

I just shot a box of Graffiti and was quite happy with it; shot straight and broke pretty easy. I havent shot any of the other Valken paints so I dont have a comparison. I'm somewhat stuck with this and GI as one field is FPO only (Inifinity right now) and the other only sells GI (can BYOP though).
Old 12-26-2019, 09:32 AM #158
Skipdogg

GI paint
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:51 AM #159
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
After talking to the captains of the ship at D3fy, they are confident in their product. The only other options is Apx/hk, and

Pro-Shar, which is what we are switching to this year. The rental and mid level samples were amazing in bt’s/98’s.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me

Last edited by Paul77 : 12-26-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:51 AM #160
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
going_home owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I picked up some Pro Shar tournament for myself and a few others a couple weeks ago, and it was unanimous that it's real nice paint.

5 out of 6 broke on asphalt dropped from about 7' but yet I had no barrel breaks thru the Apex.

I don't care that it's shipped to the US in non temperature controlled containers and GI Sportz paint is shipped in temperature controlled containers, IMHO Pro Shar is going to take a pretty good sized market share away from GI in the US, because it's just better paint.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:22 AM #161
pyrothug434

pyrothug434 plays in the PSP
APX
HK
Graffiti
D3fy

Regularly shot Marballizer and GI custom field paint, both are absolute GARBAGE

Haven't shot ProShar so I dont know about their paint
Old 12-26-2019, 11:42 AM #162
TaylorC_in_SD
cool wHip

plays in the NXL
TaylorC_in_SD plays in the APPA D3 division
TaylorC_in_SD supports DLX Technology
APX and HK all the way, sorry for the teams stuck in GI controlled areas
Rapid Eye Photography
TaylorC_in_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:41 PM #163
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorC_in_SD View Post
APX and HK all the way, sorry for the teams stuck in GI controlled areas
So having used APX and GI in Texas I can say that the field paint at X-Factor Paintball which is a custom ball is fantastic stuff. Never had an issue with it, good fill, good shell etc.

The APX stuff I've used was either a really bad batch or was stored improperly at the field I went to because it bounced off of nearly everything and the fill is a thin white paste that soaks into gear too quickly or flies off without marking anything so you can't tell if you were hit.

I have used good APX paint, however recently the stuff that was in the Legion boxes was not at all what I wanted to use. Not sure if it was an old batch or something, but it wasn't worth the discounted price we got it at.

When that field got the APX tournament grade stuff in for a NCPA event I played that was solid paint. It did not like the cold one bit, but that's more of an off day than anything purposeful.
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:04 PM #164
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
 is playing at Dead Legends
dualimpact owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
dualimpact supports DLX Technology
dualimpact supports Ninja Paintball
Dear G.I.

Get the damn fibers and oil off the paintballs.

The first time I bought a case of g.i. paint I took it back because I thought it had a break in the bags. Nope the field owners explained the paint has so much oil it is easily mistaken for broken paint. I cannot use your paint without bringing multiple full sized towels to wipe the paint down to an acceptably greasy coating that will hopefully go straight 1 out of 7 times.

The the custom blend I've shot the last few years has undoubtedly been the worst paint I have shot in 15 years. I've had better experiences with monsterball.

I'm also tired of cleaning my gear so extensively because the second I fill my pods/loader/marker with your paint it is now contaminated.

Not to mention the dimples, but at least it isnt always dimpled, where as it is always oily and covered in fibers.

Last edited by dualimpact : 12-26-2019 at 03:06 PM.
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:05 PM #165
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Yup.

Every case a broken ball in a bag or two, breaks in Pods, Loaders, certain Markers. It basically breaks if you look at it wrong, but my M3s+ can shoot it lol.

Super inconsistent size wise, not much dimples though.

Very oily and fuzzy.

It’s not like it’s being stored improperly...
Old 12-26-2019, 04:06 PM #166
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
GI paint is, without a doubt, the worst paint I've come across since picking up the sport again in 2012. No matter what grade, it's piss poor for a multitude of reasons, the major ones being oil, contamination and inconsistency.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:35 PM #167
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
I agree with everything said about GI paint, it is garbage and will shoot just about anything I can other it. It is sad too ... Marbs were awesome before the change. Too bad most of the fields around me only have GI paint, so they can not be my home fields.

Today I’ll shoot Graph when I can, but I miss the old Redemption.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:41 PM #168
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
I’ve had the exact opposite experience with GI/Empire paint. Empire Custom blend and GI 3-Star have been my go-to for local/rec play for the last couple years. Outside of one bad batch of 5-star that was hard as a rock, the only “bad” paint I’ve used was the absolute bottom of the barrel cheap field paint. Everything else was at the worst, mediocre.

Paint as a whole has been getting smaller industry-wide, but the largest bore paint I’ve used recently has been GI 5-star. It was sticking in a .687, to the point where a .689 was required. Practically unheard of these days. But outside of that, Evil has been consistently .684-.687 and I’d shoot it over pretty much anything.

GI paint is fine, especially compared to everything else on the market. The paint being damaged, dimpled, etc. is probably due to how people are storing it and how old the batch is.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.