Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-14-2017, 06:19 PM #127
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post

also i wouldn't be surprised if the pro teams all get the super secret supply of heady dank paint...because if i was a manufacturer sponsoring a team i'd go through the extra effort to put my best balls in their hands
Yep. You can trust a pro players opinion on what they're using, but I cant' believe that it translates to what the rest of us are shooting.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:38 PM #128
702killa

hopefully 1-star's shell will get better, i have bruises over 2 months old from that garbage.
702killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 PM #129
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Yep. You can trust a pro players opinion on what they're using, but I cant' believe that it translates to what the rest of us are shooting.
i'm sure they shoot what us peasants shoot. but i'm sure the difference is marginal but the storage and handling is way better than anything the rest of us will probably see
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:49 PM #130
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSam View Post
See, that is where your believablity is suspect. There is no way that any manufacturer's paint can be the best for 6 years at every event you've ever been to. If you had said the majority of the time or as good as others, you'd be more believeable. Again it's just hype. I like what you do on the webcasts Nick and think your a good promoter of paintball but at the same time I have to rate you the same as a used car salesman when it comes to trust worthiness.

Hope you do well Aftershock.
No lies. I mean it's my opinion, so take it as you will. I'd say if you go back and look at the Pro teams that won those PSP/NXL events, the majority would be using GI. Even a few of the non GI teams used GI at some events...super secret don't tell anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
love the edit

if you talk to him in a personal setting (facebook, no hidden identity) he's dead honest with you. try it.

also i wouldn't be surprised if the pro teams all get the super secret supply of heady dank paint...because if i was a manufacturer sponsoring a team i'd go through the extra effort to put my best balls in their hands
It's no secret the pros do get the best and first dibs on it. It's a soap opera at the paint truck at times when you had Heat, Impact, Xfactor, and AC, Shock....essentially any of the Pro teams who made Sunday fighting over batch numbers....

Quote:
I'll give you my honest opinion on things. I'm always free on Facebook. When it comes to practice paint we shoot the same as everyone else.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:44 PM #131
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 supports our troops
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
I said the 4/5 star from 2010 to present has been the best, the best tournament grade paint I've ever shot. I can say this because while at those events I also shot the other brands top level paints...
Its so good they changed it for "improved performance formula"! No wonder there are so many people in this thread saying "why change the forumula!" and "I hope they didn't ruin their paint" and "what? why?"
VETERAN MILITIA
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 PM #132
AoSpades
I'll set you straight.

AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades supports Pev's Paintball
AoSpades is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
AoSpades is Boss
AoSpades supports Ninja Paintball
Still don't get why and how GI bought out all these companies and still manages to put out substandard **** and call it gold.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:02 PM #133
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Still don't get why and how GI bought out all these companies and still manages to put out substandard **** and call it gold.
It's the new gold standard!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM #134
AoSpades
I'll set you straight.

AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades supports Pev's Paintball
AoSpades is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
AoSpades is Boss
AoSpades supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
It's the new gold standard!
Makes you wonder: At what point will they stop polishing the turds since they have yet to fool anyone.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:43 PM #135
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

has been a member for 10 years
matt_keyboardfury is playing at Living Legends X
We stopped carrying GI Sportz paint at my proshop because the 1 star was hurting people, and the 3 star was always dimpled. ALWAYS. Was GI for 2 years before giving up and got constant excuses batch after batch. I even drove to the FT WAYNE warehouse myself to pick out paint. It just isn't any good. I'm sorry.

We switched to Valken and the INFINITY paint actually breaks on contact and the kids always say "I BARELY EVEN FELT IT!!" and the Graffiti is always consistent, with a thick fill and a solid 16lb box of heavy paint.

The only way I'd be willing to try GI paint again is if you drove it to me for free. Because at this point even if it was free I wouldn't drive up there to get it.

And that you had better trust AND believe.

Oh and I want a refund on the 40+ boxes I outright threw in the dumpster. Peace.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 PM #136
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
it is possible to change the formula without totally changing the product. like adjusting the spices in a dinner recipe. i personally wonder if GI will be taking a look at the entire supply chain though because of how temperature sensitive paint can be (mayhaps the tweaks are to help stabilize this)
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM #137
koolguysk8r14

koolguysk8r14 is a Professional paintball player
koolguysk8r14 plays in the PSP
the gi paint at nxl vegas was without question the best gi paint i've shot. we didn't get any bad batches and we were not picking specific skids this time.
koolguysk8r14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM #138
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolguysk8r14 View Post
the gi paint at nxl vegas was without question the best gi paint i've shot. we didn't get any bad batches and we were not picking specific skids this time.
GI custom blend this weekend wasnt' particularly good and the valken graffiti all had 1 dimple on every single ball.

.... not a good start for either brand, really.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 PM #139
r45vt

r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
r45vt owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
No one really is asking any questions, what definitive questions do you want answered? I'll say the one flaw we have as a company is communication. I had no idea that these new boxes were being released as well as the information on the DXS formulation.

Most of what happened in here is people complaining about how they've had bad experiences with GI paint and that's just no good. If I had a say, I would not of wanted the release of this ad on Pbn. I could of created a list of people, their Pbn names as least, of who would just come in here and **** on the brand. The same usual suspects so to speak. Any who it is what it is.

Have a question... ask away

I'll work on a video review or better yet a Paint 101 video for you.
I was one of them and it's taking restraint not to bash them. Everyone has their reason I am sure. It certainly is not unfounded.

It sounds like GI has changed internally and is NOT the same company they used to be. Sounds like lots of people/process changes for the better in the customer service department. If they make something I find interesting I'll give them a shot.

For what its worth I love their 4 and 5 star paint. My favorite shop gets a custom 4 star with teal shell and orange fill- super bright you can't wipe with ball on ball accuracy. I love it.

Last edited by r45vt : 03-21-2017 at 12:17 AM.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 AM #140
LEX_BALLER 3

Shot empire premium this weekend. Idk if that has anything to do with this but it shot really good. Better than the last time I shot premium about a year ago.
LEX_BALLER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 AM #141
Spyder Ftw
Kappa123

Annual Supporting Member
Spyder Ftw is a founding member
Spyder Ftw is an NCPA player
Spyder Ftw is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
Shot empire premium this weekend. Idk if that has anything to do with this but it shot really good. Better than the last time I shot premium about a year ago.
If it was the gold shell that ****'s always GOOOOOODDD. It look like bird poop when it breaks too, for the lols.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 AM #142
LEX_BALLER 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder Ftw View Post
If it was the gold shell that ****'s always GOOOOOODDD. It look like bird poop when it breaks too, for the lols.
Orange shell with the oh so controversial purple swirly "lines" on the outside of the ball they sued over. Thats why I assumed it was the new paint cause the last time I shot premium it didnt have the swirly lines
LEX_BALLER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:26 AM #143
Spyder Ftw
Kappa123

Annual Supporting Member
Spyder Ftw is a founding member
Spyder Ftw is an NCPA player
Spyder Ftw is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
Orange shell with the oh so controversial purple swirly "lines" on the outside of the ball they sued over. Thats why I assumed it was the new paint cause the last time I shot premium it didnt have the swirly lines
Sounds like repackaged Marbalizer .. Regardless I've never seen that particular shell/fill.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 AM #144
bunkeru2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
...... ....... ......right.

well... on planet earth we have a fluid atmosphere of air that comes into play when projectiles are moving through it.

I would say that you are assuming that the dimples would stay on the ball after being fired. Having shot tons of dimpled paint that shot like lazer beams, I have a theory that the dimples on paint actually pop out when the gelatin ball filled liquid is met with the impact of air on it. I have been looking for videos that would test that theory with the acrylic barrels, but cannot find one.

I guess if someone has a bunch of somewhat fresh paint that has dimples on it, they could shoot it into some loose netting and see if the dimples remain on the ball or if they do indeed pop out when fired.
bunkeru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:34 AM #145
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
I shot premium El Tigre this weekend and once again, it shot well. No complaints at all.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM #146
Kazer

Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I shot premium El Tigre this weekend and once again, it shot well. No complaints at all.
Have you had an opportunity to shoot the new 4/5 Star? If so, do you have any thoughts on it?
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM #147
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
John owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
No, I have not. Is that what players at the Las Vegas NXL shot?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.