has been a member for 10 years
Kazer is playing at Living Legends VIII
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leaf4life View Post
Hey to all the haters haha.
/Wave

I am willing to give this new stuff a shot. Hopefully its better than GI stuff I have used in the past especially with having all the IP from Kee/Empire. I imagine its somewhere between the formulas and all the R&D each company has completed over the years.

Ultimately there is only so much you can do with a paintball.

I do appreciate you Nick!
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2017, 06:58 AM #44
gabriel
FRENCHIE

gabriel is a Mega Moderator
gabriel is a Supporting Member
gabriel owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
I'll believe it's improved when I shoot it. The last 2-3 years of GI paint has been steadily going downhill in quality. 3-4' shot radius. Bounces all day. Meh.
gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:49 AM #45
hth_1
Another Canadian

plays in the NXL
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
hth_1 supports Ninja Paintball
Draxxus was some of the best paint I've shot. So definitely stoked if practice paint got a bump in quality. Bronze shot well back when I shot them
-EMek
-EMG100
-Urban HDE GMek
-Phantoms
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:05 AM #46
allout2
unsung zero

allout2 is playing at Living Legends VII
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Shooting GI paint last year made me want to punch a puppy in its soul
allout2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:36 AM #47
Da1stMONSTERSOBE
The Pain Train is Comin'

Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the PSP
Da1stMONSTERSOBE owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the APPA D5 division
Da1stMONSTERSOBE supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm123 View Post
It is completely against my nature but I will try to be positive about this...

Give GI credit for acknowledging the quality issue and trying to take the steps to make all of us crybabies happy. Not an easy task.

If it shoots like the old Hellfire or Imperial (I think) I would gladly pay $80 a case. Considering we used to pay $100 case for 2500 balls it is pretty much the same, and pretty amazing the price hasn't gone UP in 20 years. I know the price of the truck I bought 17 years ago has doubled.

Kee was crap before GI bought them so you really can't blame GI for that.

If you expect good paint at $30 a case, well you are an idiot.

Deep breaths and let's wait and see if the paint is good or this is all just a marketing gimmick
Here in Florida until everyone decided to make all events Event paint only and Divide and start their own series Paint was easily under $40 a case w/o trying.

Ultra evil could be bought for $45 at the local events, and many other teams like us had deals for a high end ball for around $34 a case.

I will say, i have not had the best luck with GI 5-star/imperial... and it wasnt at just one event, after the 3rd event we where trading out our 5 star for 4 star. it would not cycle through anything

however i love 4 star. never had an issue with 4 star or even 3.

Last edited by Da1stMONSTERSOBE : 03-10-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Da1stMONSTERSOBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:43 AM #48
diehli
Geniass

diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
diehli plays in the APPA D5 division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1stMONSTERSOBE View Post
Here in Florida until everyone decided to make all events Event paint only and Divide and start their own series Paint was easily under $40 a case w/o trying.

Ultra evil could be bought for $45 at the events, and many other teams like us had deals for a high end ball for around $34 a case.
To add an anecdote, I've had $15/case paint here in SoCal that shot better than $60/case 3-star at a FPO field back east.

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

For sale:
Z
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:43 AM #49
Punishers Paintball

Improvements. Thats all this says to me. Looking forward to giving them a spin!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:49 AM #50
JasonG
Serious Business

plays in the NXL
JasonG plays in the MiLP
JasonG plays in the APPA D4 division
Consistency is the key word here. I have had 5 star that was money, and have had some that had micro cracks and wouldn't cycle through anything. I have been to a lot of tournaments and saw a ton of teams trading in 5 star for something else.

I think most players expect high end performance out of a ball designed for high level tournament play and who could blame them.
Just as iron sharpens iron, one man must sharpen the other. Proverbs 27:17

JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:58 AM #51
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a founding member
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm123 View Post
Nick
When will this new paint start hitting the fields?

My local field is getting ready to reopen and they are going to carry Heat and Marbs.

I have no interest in the Heat but would really like to come on here and brag about how good the Marbs are shooting but if they still suck, I will be very vocal about that also...
I'll be honest and say that I'm not 100% what the time frame will be on the different/older batches being reformulated. I'd imagine that the process and paint is already being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
/Wave

I am willing to give this new stuff a shot. Hopefully its better than GI stuff I have used in the past especially with having all the IP from Kee/Empire. I imagine its somewhere between the formulas and all the R&D each company has completed over the years.

Ultimately there is only so much you can do with a paintball.

I do appreciate you Nick!
Haha, I'm with you man. I'm looking forward to see what gets cranked out!
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 AM #52
BMJoker
Seasonal Streetballer

Annual Supporting Member
BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
Hopefully we se a better ball at Super Game this year then. It's consistently been the worst paint I buy all year. And it's kind of a kick in the nuts when you pay a premium price for mid-grade paint, and every single ball is dimpled.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM #53
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
well i highly doubt these balls can be any worse than the valken i've been shooting at my local field (kilo, it's craptastic). the size consistency on the kilo is miserable, some fit tight in a .689 and some roll right through a .680. dimpled as hell, and the flight path is about as straight as sir elton john
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:13 AM #54
SilentSam

is playing at Dead Legends
SilentSam owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
SilentSam supports DLX Technology
SilentSam supports Ninja Paintball
Nick, for being a GI employee, you rarely have any definitive answers. You seem to speculate just as much as anyone else on the forums. Make a call, get some answers, hell get some paint and give us a video review. And I too hope the quality goes up on all paint because I've seen a ton of new players never come back simply because they spent their first day cleaning guns or upset that the balls don't go where the gun is pointed.

Make "Merica Great Again", make better paint balls.
SilentSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM #55
Da1stMONSTERSOBE
The Pain Train is Comin'

Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the PSP
Da1stMONSTERSOBE owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Da1stMONSTERSOBE plays in the APPA D5 division
Da1stMONSTERSOBE supports DLX Technology
Can GI bring back Chronic 420 with the mac-n-cheese fill?
Da1stMONSTERSOBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM #56
trollnicki24

trollnicki24 supports Shocker RSX
I miss Dye CG
#WOLVESHUNTINPACKS

Sometimes you get so lit, you stay lit forever
trollnicki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:02 AM #57
sofla(dvs)
TCK

sofla(dvs) plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Dustin_l View Post
Bad time to put out the winter ball. Seems a bit late if you ask me.
its winter in the southern hemisphere during the months of june-july . they also need winter paint
sofla(dvs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:15 AM #58
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSam View Post
Nick, for being a GI employee, you rarely have any definitive answers. You seem to speculate just as much as anyone else on the forums. Make a call, get some answers, hell get some paint and give us a video review. And I too hope the quality goes up on all paint because I've seen a ton of new players never come back simply because they spent their first day cleaning guns or upset that the balls don't go where the gun is pointed.

Make "Merica Great Again", make better paint balls.
No one really is asking any questions, what definitive questions do you want answered? I'll say the one flaw we have as a company is communication. I had no idea that these new boxes were being released as well as the information on the DXS formulation.

Most of what happened in here is people complaining about how they've had bad experiences with GI paint and that's just no good. If I had a say, I would not of wanted the release of this ad on Pbn. I could of created a list of people, their Pbn names as least, of who would just come in here and **** on the brand. The same usual suspects so to speak. Any who it is what it is.

Have a question... ask away

I'll work on a video review or better yet a Paint 101 video for you.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:25 AM #59
l_Dustin_l
LEGEN..wait for it..DARY!

l_Dustin_l donated to help Peyton Trent
l_Dustin_l is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
l_Dustin_l is Legendary
l_Dustin_l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
No one really is asking any questions, what definitive questions do you want answered? I'll say the one flaw we have as a company is communication. I had no idea that these new boxes were being released as well as the information on the DXS formulation.

Most of what happened in here is people complaining about how they've had bad experiences with GI paint and that's just no good. If I had a say, I would not of wanted the release of this ad on Pbn. I could of created a list of people, their Pbn names as least, of who would just come in here and **** on the brand. The same usual suspects so to speak. Any who it is what it is.

Have a question... ask away

I'll work on a video review or better yet a Paint 101 video for you.

I just sawt hatt hey made a point in emphasizing the non freezable fill and being so close to winter being over it didn't make sense to me. Ive seen days where 4 star shot amazing and days where 3 star was shooting amazing. In reality it also comes down to players guns and how they have them tuned. I will definetly try this new paint when it comes out and would like to see a video of it like you mentioned above. Drop tests and brittleness(sp) would be awesome to also see

R.I.P Jesse 1980-2008

"Originally posted by mo0op: **** that ****. That even goes along with having a girl grope my balls. I don't like that **** either. It's just a trust thing, I guess. I like keeping my nuts well protected. "
l_Dustin_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:36 AM #60
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Most of what happened in here is people complaining about how they've had bad experiences with GI paint and that's just no good.
i'll be totally honest i've had bad experiences with just about every single paint manufacturer i've got my hands on over the last year.

that being said i've also had great experiences with the same paint.

i'll shoot whatever i can get and i'll deal with it. at least GI is acknowledging that some changes need to be made. i can respect that. as far as comments about a certain lawsuit that had a very popular thread on this site...that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 AM #61
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Dustin_l View Post
I just sawt hatt hey made a point in emphasizing the non freezable fill and being so close to winter being over it didn't make sense to me. Ive seen days where 4 star shot amazing and days where 3 star was shooting amazing. In reality it also comes down to players guns and how they have them tuned. I will definitely try this new paint when it comes out and would like to see a video of it like you mentioned above. Drop tests and brittleness(sp) would be awesome to also see
Yeah I can see where the the Winter paint would confuse people but it's just an ad showcasing the paint.

I am serious about doing a video. I might just fly to Montreal to pull paint directly off the line and get more inside information on the science of making the different grades as they are intended for the customer.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:40 AM #62
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

plays in the NXL
4leaf4life is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
i'll be totally honest i've had bad experiences with just about every single paint manufacturer i've got my hands on over the last year.

that being said i've also had great experiences with the same paint.

i'll shoot whatever i can get and i'll deal with it. at least GI is acknowledging that some changes need to be made. i can respect that. as far as comments about a certain lawsuit that had a very popular thread on this site...that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china
Couldn't agree more. I've had the exact same experiences with every grade and brand of paint.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:50 AM #63
NOBLE818
Pew! Pew!

NOBLE818 is playing at Living Legends VIII
NOBLE818 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NOBLE818 supports Ninja Paintball
NOBLE818 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehli View Post
To add an anecdote, I've had $15/case paint here in SoCal that shot better than $60/case 3-star at a FPO field back east.
Very true. I think sometimes it depends on how long the paints been sitting.

I've also had days were i've purchased boxes of $60+ brand name paint and $20 white box, and the white box paint was consistently better throughout the day.
NOBLE818 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.