PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-14-2015, 08:22 AM #1
bighouse

has been a member for 10 years
Mechanical SLG

Hi everyone,

I love how dead this section is but understandably.

I know there was a thread idea on here a while ago about this idea.

I am not an engineer or a mechanical paintball wizard by any means but I had an idea that I want to see if its even plausible.

So the main idea behind the SLG is a sear tripper correct? That sear is controlled by a solenoid that was activated by the board.

Is there not some easy mechanical way to simply bypass the solenoid and directly trip the sear via mechanical means like a blow back of sorts.

Again I know very little about how paintball guns run just want to see if it was even possible.

Thanks!
bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2015, 04:59 PM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Definitely possible, and the resulting gun would actually be a pretty handy shooter, though it wouldn't have any sort of anti-chop functionality.

In fact, a mechanical SLG could theoretically be a lot more reliable than the electronic ones because the sear spring could be made nice and strong without fear that the solenoid wouldn't have enough juice to trip it.

The problem with putting one together is that the SLG's sear is positioned in a spot that makes easily adapting an off-the-shelf Spyder or Automag frame to actuate it pretty well impossible.

Someone with access to a mill or maybe 3D printer and enough time to work out the dimensions of the trigger components could absolutely make one work, but to my knowledge no one has ever completed such a project.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote