Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM #1996
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Early Extravaganza Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
My guess is it's still variation in the solenoid performance... The force of the prime is relatively fixed.
Thatís something hadnít thought of. My teammate uses his Prime 1 and can shoot the same apx paint no problems. I definitely want to get my Primes completely dialed in after this event, just this very last detail hammered out.

Paintball Extravaganza Markers
The LV1.6 looks really nice but itís a no for me. Every time I tune an LV to shoot the way I like it, something will happen ( paint break or some hiccup ) and Iíll blame myself for not tuning it correctly. Iíd just use it how itís tuned from the start but thatís kind of a crime to not get er dialed in. Happy af to see it come back though and hopefully to stay for good. I like options and having a poppit to possibly always choose is a comforting thought. Random thought- the Geo 4 and LV1.6 colors match, so get the same color of the Geo and LV and then youíll have a matching aluminum tip for your LV. Hey Iím here for ideas if you need to burn money haha.

The Geo 4 is a vision. Looks real nice. But there is a but... Platform and name changes seemed to have confused many. The CS line really became a different gun ( as Jack says ) when it adopted the Gamma Core and maybe shouldíve been called something else ( my opinion). And it being the ďflagshipĒ marker doesnít make sense to me, I think that title belongs to this new Geo 4. And itís cheaper. That being said I do like the new mech frame option for the CS2 Pro and regular CS2. Really tempted to pick one up since I havenít sold my CS2 Pro yet. I ended liking my XTS better and didnít see the point of keeping the Pro, but now I have a reason. Anyways my whole point in that rant is that I think the Geo 4 is a better gun then the CS2 and itís cheaper, I think Planet Eclipse will sell more of these then the Gamma Pro. Long live the iV core.

Syx 1.5 in a moment-
For some reason I have this theory these mid tier guns sometimes have better paint handling then the top tier offerings. In the worst conditions it seems like the DSR and Axe will shoot paint that others have a hard time with. But the top tier offerings though will out perform the mid tiers in ideal conditions. Why? Because when paint handling does not become an issue (usually in the warmer months ) the high ends usually have a snappier and more responsive shot -which I think beats the seemingly slower airy shots in competition- and the ergos are just that much better. In the summer I started gravitating towards my M3+ over my DSR because I felt the shot was slightly more responsive. Actually I would start with the DSR because the cold morning temps and the morning dew creating humidity would effect paint, and once it warmed up it was safe to use anything you wanted. So Iíd rather start off with something safe and not break paint in the morning, and then use something ergonomically more comfortable later, and had a quicker shot ( gun battling is when that counts imo ).

Okay back to the Syx 1.5. The new little improvements were needed it sounded like. Quality seems to vary from batch to batch. I heard the Syxís at first weíre having trouble breaking paint, the Asa was accidentally being activated, just your normal run of the mill teething issues in a new gun. And the Syxís Iíve seen with my own eyes and have actually tried are good, no problems observed. And when I see them shooting brittle paint that others are having difficulty with, it cements in my mind the legendary reputation of Axeís being great with brittle paint. I have done and would consider running the Syx or DSR as kind of a backup/brittle paint shooter, and then have your high end that you like as your ďcloserĒ, the one you end up using to finish the day off, your favorite gun. Sounds like a weird combination and not necessary to most, but Iíve heard of weirder things in our sport. So the Syx 1.5 seems like a legit option now to be that brittle paint shooter, and if on a tighter budget just your main or one and only.
Collection Powered By Trademygun
Setups Powered by Powerhouse Regs!
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM #1997
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
You should get your hands on a Geo 4 when they are released Noa, I think you will really like it. It is just about everything I have been looking for from PE in a single marker. The ergonomics are awesome and it points so well while retaining that IV core shot A lot of us prefer.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Last edited by Big Papa Pink : Yesterday at 09:05 PM.
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 AM #1998
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
That’s something hadn’t thought of. My teammate uses his Prime 1 and can shoot the same apx paint no problems. I definitely want to get my Primes completely dialed in after this event, just this very last detail hammered out.

Paintball Extravaganza Markers
The LV1.6 looks really nice but it’s a no for me. Every time I tune an LV to shoot the way I like it, something will happen ( paint break or some hiccup ) and I’ll blame myself for not tuning it correctly. I’d just use it how it’s tuned from the start but that’s kind of a crime to not get er dialed in. Happy af to see it come back though and hopefully to stay for good. I like options and having a poppit to possibly always choose is a comforting thought. Random thought- the Geo 4 and LV1.6 colors match, so get the same color of the Geo and LV and then you’ll have a matching aluminum tip for your LV. Hey I’m here for ideas if you need to burn money haha.

The Geo 4 is a vision. Looks real nice. But there is a but... Platform and name changes seemed to have confused many. The CS line really became a different gun ( as Jack says ) when it adopted the Gamma Core and maybe should’ve been called something else ( my opinion). And it being the “flagship” marker doesn’t make sense to me, I think that title belongs to this new Geo 4. And it’s cheaper. That being said I do like the new mech frame option for the CS2 Pro and regular CS2. Really tempted to pick one up since I haven’t sold my CS2 Pro yet. I ended liking my XTS better and didn’t see the point of keeping the Pro, but now I have a reason. Anyways my whole point in that rant is that I think the Geo 4 is a better gun then the CS2 and it’s cheaper, I think Planet Eclipse will sell more of these then the Gamma Pro. Long live the iV core.

Syx 1.5 in a moment-
For some reason I have this theory these mid tier guns sometimes have better paint handling then the top tier offerings. In the worst conditions it seems like the DSR and Axe will shoot paint that others have a hard time with. But the top tier offerings though will out perform the mid tiers in ideal conditions. Why? Because when paint handling does not become an issue (usually in the warmer months ) the high ends usually have a snappier and more responsive shot -which I think beats the seemingly slower airy shots in competition- and the ergos are just that much better. In the summer I started gravitating towards my M3+ over my DSR because I felt the shot was slightly more responsive. Actually I would start with the DSR because the cold morning temps and the morning dew creating humidity would effect paint, and once it warmed up it was safe to use anything you wanted. So I’d rather start off with something safe and not break paint in the morning, and then use something ergonomically more comfortable later, and had a quicker shot ( gun battling is when that counts imo ).

Okay back to the Syx 1.5. The new little improvements were needed it sounded like. Quality seems to vary from batch to batch. I heard the Syx’s at first we’re having trouble breaking paint, the Asa was accidentally being activated, just your normal run of the mill teething issues in a new gun. And the Syx’s I’ve seen with my own eyes and have actually tried are good, no problems observed. And when I see them shooting brittle paint that others are having difficulty with, it cements in my mind the legendary reputation of Axe’s being great with brittle paint. I have done and would consider running the Syx or DSR as kind of a backup/brittle paint shooter, and then have your high end that you like as your “closer”, the one you end up using to finish the day off, your favorite gun. Sounds like a weird combination and not necessary to most, but I’ve heard of weirder things in our sport. So the Syx 1.5 seems like a legit option now to be that brittle paint shooter, and if on a tighter budget just your main or one and only.
I think the biggest real issue with the Syx was tolerance/QC related (primarily o-rings). It will also take a bit of time for them to convince me this area has improved since it has plagued them for years. It was one thing when they were one of the only shows in town at the mini price point feature for feature, but now that they have bumped up both the price point and there are other options I just don't really see it doing well on the market. This is really just one of those markers you pick up cheap from someone dumping it who won it at an event or something.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:57 AM #1999
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I think the biggest real issue with the Syx was tolerance/QC related (primarily o-rings). It will also take a bit of time for them to convince me this area has improved since it has plagued them for years. It was one thing when they were one of the only shows in town at the mini price point feature for feature, but now that they have bumped up both the price point and there are other options I just don't really see it doing well on the market. This is really just one of those markers you pick up cheap from someone dumping it who won it at an event or something.
Egg-freakin-zactly.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:51 AM #2000
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
@Kevin,
The Zircon colorway does call my name... must be the lighting used at Extravaganza because it looks particularly stunning. The gold they used is also looking on point. Iíd have to see more pics of the midnight, my usual go to color, but itís not really doing it for me this time. Not this year but maybe next year Iíll pick one up and hopefully the color I want is still available.

The LV1.6 milling looks aggressive this time around and I love that. In 2015 I ran the Ego/Geo line and loved it. Always said Iíd like to run that back one more time. I used my LV1 in the cold temps and the Geo 3.5 in the summer.

@Stealthy,
Canít argue with you about QC. As long as Iíve been doing the speedball thing, Empireís QC has always seemed to be hit or miss. The Axe though, you go through the phase of dialing out the bugs and once your up and running thatís it, itís g2g for season after season and becomes undeniably reliable. I would consider this Syx 1.5 over anything Empire offers right now ( for speedball ) and invest time to get it dialed in as necessary. Seems like a solid loaner and backup for gun whores.

Worthy Mention
DLXís Extravaganza Annos. The Stars and Stripes and the Tributes look incredible. Just saying.

Prime XTS Update
For now the Prime is a fresh experience and is my current overall favorite. It just works incredibly well in my hands, is super effective on the field every time I use it, I just canít get it to shoot APX in the winter weather up here. GI Sportz paint is no problem, but my teammateís Prime 1 can shoot APX all day with pretty much zero problems. I rebuilt all my Dye markers and theyíll be coming with me this Saturday, but do not think Iím going to use them.

Ninjaball uses GI Sportz paint and so Iíll highly consider starting with the Prime XTS because of that. I went ahead and swapped out the necessary orings in the keg and the factory orings seem so inadequate compared to what Iím replacing them with. But already it feels like an improvement, the bolt moves back and forth with a more consistent feel ( by hand ). As far as software downloading goes, I have an iPad, iPhone, and an Apple laptop. I wasnít sure if I could do the download with my Apple laptop. Hopefully I can run it no problems without having to download version 1.16.

The morning of the event I will test my setups at the chrono station and go from there. The layout is another factor. Itís the NXL Vegas layout and itís looks fast and aggressive. I have a feeling Iíll be doing more head to head gun fights then holding lanes and staying further back. If I find myself needing to support my attackerís more, Iíll need a longer setup to drop paint to gain and keep dominance.
Old Today, 11:33 AM #2001
ApexEight

Vegas layout looks sick. Interested to see if the new O-rings solve your Prime issues moving forward. Going to my first tournament on Saturday. Gotta clean all my gear go through the 170 tonight. We're playing the top 2 teams from the first event in prelims. Just typing this out gets my adrenaline going like nothing else. I've improved and I'm excited to test myself against organized competition. We had a great practice this past Sunday, so the squad feels good. I feel dialed in with the 170, but will be keeping a close eye on the bolt guide O-rings.
ApexEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 PM #2002
Mr. Stealthy

For you mech guys out there, I have RIP frame on the way for my FLE Autococker. I'll share my thoughts and some pics when it arrives if anyone's interested.
Old Today, 12:47 PM #2003
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
For you mech guys out there, I have RIP frame on the way for my FLE Autococker. I'll share my thoughts and some pics when it arrives if anyone's interested.
Blasphemy.

imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 PM #2004
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Blasphemy.

It's only half hinge frame so I can rationalize it.
Old Today, 01:31 PM #2005
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Apex, go forth and destroy.

Stealthy, yes please. Just gonna say though, the new CS2 mech frame is probably where it’s at for me.
Old Today, 05:58 PM #2006
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
Apex, go forth and destroy.

Stealthy, yes please. Just gonna say though, the new CS2 mech frame is probably where itís at for me.
From a competitive stand point I think those are probably the way to go (there is just less going on). From a fun shooting standpoint though I still find cockers to be way more fun to shoot.