Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2017, 08:56 PM #1
oakrodent

Pre2k sleeper build

As the title suggest, I am building a Pre2K sleeper. The goal is to have it look as stock as possible. The marker is getting the works done, but I have been out of the hobby for a long time and have some pretty basic questions. First, I am starting with a stock Pre2K ANS Generation X Adrenalin body. I am going to doing an internal half with a MQ2 valve controlled by a Zero-B. Like I stated, I want it to look stock. I am moving the pneumatic solenoid housing up so I can fit a barrel shroud and machining the trigger housing to fit the Zero-B. I have a full machine shop in my garage and making / modifying parts is no problem for me. Questions:

1 ? Do I need to run eye?s? I have a set of race frame covers with new green eyes. If I don?t need them my thought was I can use the C.T.O. setting to limit my ROF. The field I play has a max ROF of 10.5 BPS & 3 rnd burst is allowed. I can?t shoot any where that fast without the help but it still should be slow enough not to have a feed issue. I have a Dye Rotor R2 feeding the paint.*

2 ? When I played in the 90?s I saw guys put M1928A1 (tommy gun) stock sets on their autocockers. Mind you this was up in Alaska. I have a set and was going to put this on if it was a common set-up during this time. Otherwise I might have to find an old school bottle stock with a CO2 bottle and modify it to hook up my remote line for HPA.

3 ?I am not sure what are the higher quality items to be used. Here are my choices:
HPR: Bob Long 360 or Air America Messiah?
LPR: Palmer Rock or AKA?
Ram: Dye or Belsales?

Here is what I am starting with:

oakrodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2017, 12:18 AM #2
tacxplosion
Will∩$∩t=0

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakrodent View Post
As the title suggest, I am building a Pre2K sleeper. The goal is to have it look as stock as possible. The marker is getting the works done, but I have been out of the hobby for a long time and have some pretty basic questions. First, I am starting with a stock Pre2K ANS Generation X Adrenalin body. I am going to doing an internal half with a MQ2 valve controlled by a Zero-B. Like I stated, I want it to look stock. I am moving the pneumatic solenoid housing up so I can fit a barrel shroud and machining the trigger housing to fit the Zero-B. I have a full machine shop in my garage and making / modifying parts is no problem for me. Questions:
I don't know if you've considered this, but MQ valves require a rather low pressure to operate properly, there's a chance you may need to add even more volume to the valve chamber to have it work properly, just something to keep in mind, just in case.

Quote:
1 ? Do I need to run eye?s? I have a set of race frame covers with new green eyes. If I don?t need them my thought was I can use the C.T.O. setting to limit my ROF. The field I play has a max ROF of 10.5 BPS & 3 rnd burst is allowed. I can?t shoot any where that fast without the help but it still should be slow enough not to have a feed issue. I have a Dye Rotor R2 feeding the paint.*
No, you don't really need eyes if you're running an R2 and keeping it under 15 bps.

Quote:
2 ? When I played in the 90?s I saw guys put M1928A1 (tommy gun) stock sets on their autocockers. Mind you this was up in Alaska. I have a set and was going to put this on if it was a common set-up during this time. Otherwise I might have to find an old school bottle stock with a CO2 bottle and modify it to hook up my remote line for HPA.
No, it's never been common for 'cockers to run tommy gun stocks, if you want a sleeper, you'll have to do without (unless you figure out a way to make some sort of QD mount for it).

Quote:
3 ?I am not sure what are the higher quality items to be used. Here are my choices:
HPR: Bob Long 360 or Air America Messiah?
LPR: Palmer Rock or AKA?
Ram: Dye or Belsales?
Out of the options you listed:
HPR: 360
LPR: AKA (though the empire LPR is a clone and works almost as well for half as much)
Ram: Belsales (though, once again, the empire ram is a clone and works almost as well for half as much)
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:26 PM #3
oakrodent

I have a ANS volumizer for this build to add more volume to the valve chamber.
I am hoping to get performance out of the barrel by boring it for the long Freak inserts.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:11 AM #4
tacxplosion
Will∩$∩t=0

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
I have a ANS volumizer for this build to add more volume to the valve chamber.
I noticed, hence the "even more volume" comment.

Quote:
I am hoping to get performance out of the barrel by boring it for the long Freak inserts.
That's a pretty good idea.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:05 AM #5
oakrodent

o it has been a little while since my fist update. I have made some progress on this build. The barrel has been bored out to accept the long Freak inserts. The feed neck has been machined to accept a new style hopper clamp. Still a long ways to go!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180329_195202_001_1523289853313.jpg (374.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by oakrodent : 07-27-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: inserted the pic into the reply
Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM #6
oakrodent

here is the pic of the barrel

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180329_195400_1523289974760.jpg (228.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by oakrodent : 07-27-2019 at 07:15 AM. Reason: inserted the pic into the reply
Old 07-27-2019, 07:14 AM #7
oakrodent

So this project isn't dead. I have been working on it slowly and just not posting about it. There is more work completed than the next few posts. As I complete something work sharing I will try to get it up.

So, I went with an EGO Star trigger frame. I know it is sad that I ended up cutting it up, but it is for the greater good of this build. I am trying to keep it true to looking like a 1990's mod'ed Autococker. I am trying my best to hid the goodies. Here is the trigger pack as I received it. The second pic is the trigger pack cut down and the stock fitted to it.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:17 AM #8
oakrodent

Here is the trigger milled down and fitted with a dbl trigger shoe. There is more of the original trigger showing than I would like. Probably will cut more of it down when I disassemble it to get anodized.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:21 AM #9
oakrodent

Not being able to find a wood grip that looks old school that will fit on the EGO frame, I decided to make one myself. I have never done this before and as a general rule of thumb, I hate working with wood. I had a nice unfinished laminate stock for another project that is realy on the back burner. I cut a chunk off of to make this. I think it turned out ok and it feels very comfortable in my hand. So the trigger housing is 100% finished.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:27 AM #10
oakrodent

Lastly, I have finished the front pneumatic block. I had to move the electric manifold up and in towards the center to get a front pneumatic cover onto it to hide everything up here. The original location had to be plugged and mill in a new hole. I did not completely fill the old hole. I left it on the back of the front block. Not sure if I am going to install a fake actuating rod with the wires inside or with the wires behind it ?? Not sure yet. The manifold will no longer screw into the front block, it will be held in with set-screws. The manifold had to be cut to allow the wire to still feed threw the original hole in the back of the front block and a relief cut for the banjo bolt/maximize. Everything fits nice and tight now.

Old 07-27-2019, 07:33 AM #11
oakrodent

Hope to update this thread a little more often. My oldest son wants me to get this done because he will use my half-blocked ANS GX5 on a more permanent basis instead of only when I sit out for being tired. (Getting old sucks). Any constructive criticism or ideas are appreciated. Again, don't bust on my grips for the sloppy craftsmanship.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:50 AM #12
Lecanoromycetes

Annual Supporting Member
This is a super fun project. Any updates? Thinking about sticking force-feed guts into a JT revolution shell?
Lecanoromycetes is offline   Reply With Quote