Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2020, 04:26 PM #1
Jbabycsx

Barrel Insert Length

Can anyone fill me in on which barrel back or insert is the longest? Am I correct in assuming that the longer the insert or back is, the more stable the paintball will be during flight?
Jbabycsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2020, 07:28 PM #2
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 supports DLX Technology
its more about efficiency/volumetric expansion. 7-8" is the length needed to have the output pressure finish expanding. anything more causes extra drag on the ball, anything less isn't being as efficient as it could be.

All my weird random paintball parts for sale on eBay feel free to PM me offers on here.

NIB Black Grill Visor Kit, pm me

Last edited by Paul77 : 02-15-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Paul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:37 AM #3
Mr. Charlie
Dye DSR, M2, M3

Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Charlie owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
*6” - 9.5”

Depending upon Operating Pressure and length of time the Valve is open.

Generally Poppets need less time (length) for the Paintballs to accelerate than low pressure Spool Valves.

I forget who did the testing but I’m pretty sure that’s how/why Lurker sold Barrels with 9.5” Control Bore lengths.

I also always recommend/prefer solid Barrel Backs rather than Inserts.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:31 AM #4
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

has been a member for 10 years
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Most barrel kits you will find these days have the bores at the correct lengths. As Paul said there is a balance. As far as I can remember the barrel with the longest bore would be what, the Unitechs? The bore was the barrel, up until the porting.

You could have the best barrel in the world, but it doesn't matter unless you have good paint and a good paint to bore match.

Im with Charlie, I prefer 2 piece barrels rather than 3 piece. Actually if someone would make a nice 1 piece set like CP used to make I would be for that, even though it would take up a lot of space in the gear bag. One of the problems with having more pieces to the barrel is that they all need to line up 100% every time for optimal consistency. Consistency = Accuracy.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote