Old 05-03-2021, 10:25 AM #43
paintballer3

has been a member for 10 years
paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Little bit of sexist undetones there?

She has been coaching for quite a while and learned directly from Todd, and Shane Pestana over the year, so Im sure she has quite the knowledge base. Bill Belichick never played in the NFL does that mean he cant coach? You dont need to have played pro in a sport to be an effective coach.

She coached a roster that was overmatched at most time, pretty well, all things considered.
Tweeter is pretty openly sexist. You should have heard him when it was annouced you would think they guy owns the Ironmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens View Post
there were some crucial mistakes by the Infamous guys, not only Thomas
If a match ever comes down to one person mistakes/ref calls the whole team failed. That person is just the one that got blamed.
paintballer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2021, 10:59 AM #44
nichonitro
^ doesn't know anything

nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post
Tweeter is pretty openly sexist. You should have heard him when it was annouced you would think they guy owns the Ironmen.

If a match ever comes down to one person mistakes/ref calls the whole team failed. That person is just the one that got blamed.
Not in this case, the whole team was clocking in to get there. It was a low-scoring finals battle. Infamous was winning the breakout all weekend. One person's mistake(s) in this case can very well be reason for the loss. It's not like he was forced to pull a 1v2 out to save the team. He got shot kept running shot someone and pulled a major when they were up on bodies and position.

It wasn't a lost gunfight. unlucky move or just bad luck. It was multiple bad decisions from a 20-year professional veteran. I know nothing but the move didn't seem to even make much sense.

With that said tho, he had some amazing moves all event. It's unfair to crucify him for that and not give him the volumes of credit he deserves for the epic plays he was making.

Last edited by nichonitro : 05-03-2021 at 11:01 AM.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:28 AM #45
AliasDave05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
Not in this case, the whole team was clocking in to get there. It was a low-scoring finals battle. Infamous was winning the breakout all weekend. One person's mistake(s) in this case can very well be reason for the loss. It's not like he was forced to pull a 1v2 out to save the team. He got shot kept running shot someone and pulled a major when they were up on bodies and position.

It wasn't a lost gunfight. unlucky move or just bad luck. It was multiple bad decisions from a 20-year professional veteran. I know nothing but the move didn't seem to even make much sense.

With that said tho, he had some amazing moves all event. It's unfair to crucify him for that and not give him the volumes of credit he deserves for the epic plays he was making.
I haven't rewatched the finals yet, but it looked like Infamous shot an Impact player OTB every single point. The way Impact can go from playing defense while down bodies then going on the attack is straight up terrifying. We can call it mistakes by Infamous, but Impact lived behind their guns while getting as wide as they can on the field.
The field was interesting and had so many long points because you could reallyyyy lock down the field. Plenty of 45 second points and then straight into an 8 minute point. Overall, glad we never have to see this field layout again.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:00 PM #46
wck902

"Some chick" yikes.

Nikki McEvers coached the Ironmen at World Cup 2020 with an even lighter roster than they had this weekend and they went 3-1 in prelims (after losing A-Rod to Impact and not having T.Kim or Al), made it to the 2nd round on Sunday and lost to Impact 3-1 in Quarters. Relax. It's the first event of the year. Lets not forget in 2018 Todd had Bobby, Resar, Spicka, Siewers and Damian and took 16th and 15th at the first two events.

Brackets for Philly if it hasn't been posted yet:
Impact, Diesel, Outlaws, Ironmen, DMG
Infamous, XFactor, Heat, NRG Elite, LVL
Damage, Revo, Dynasty, NYX, MLKings
Legion, Thunder, Aftermath, AC Dallas, Uprising

Last edited by wck902 : 05-03-2021 at 12:03 PM.
wck902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:19 PM #47
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

Sorry ladies, women do tend to have lower testosterone levels which leads to emotional based making decisions, and lower IQs on average, but that doesn’t mean some of them can’t kick *** in what they do. I thought the ironmen had a decent showing, and I thought their coach did a Fine job with the roster she had. As long as the woman is sharp, coaching shouldn’t be an issue.

Also thomas “Mr. Clutch” Taylor’s penalty cost them the entire game. I understand thomas is good at getting 4 packs agains the MLQueens, or tmg outlaws, but in do or die situations that guy needs to be sat. I’ve seen this guy do this so many times now over the past 15 or so years in crucial situations, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him win a game changin point on Sunday before in my entire life. When thomas shot leval out and brought it down to a 5 on 2, I thought FOR SURE this was going to be Thomas’s moment, the moment I’ve dreamt of for years! Thomas is finally going to redeem himself after throwing away so many games for XSV and Infamous over the years, but NO! PENALTY!!!!

Last edited by Trevor the great : 05-03-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:39 PM #48
PBSales

Didn't Todd coach Heat? How did they do? Just asking because I didn't see them on Sunday either!

As for Thomas.... They would not have made it to the finals had it not been for him. Don't ignore the good and just focus on the bad. This isn't politics or Twitter
Old 05-03-2021, 03:01 PM #49
wck902

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSales View Post
Didn't Todd coach Heat? How did they do? Just asking because I didn't see them on Sunday either!
They took 11th. Didn't make Sunday. Almost lost to NRG Elite. Had to come back from a 3 point deficit against Uprising. Ended up 2-2 with a -.5 margin.

But no one wants to talk about Heat having their worst finish since Texas 2016 at their first tournament with Todd as coach, they just want to complain about Nikki being a woman. She's always going to have more to prove than people will accept. I wish nothing but the best for the Ironmen. The current roster has some of the nicest dudes in paintball on it. Looking forward to seeing what they bring in Philly.
wck902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:43 PM #50
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Sorry ladies, women do tend to have lower testosterone levels which leads to emotional based making decisions, and lower IQs on average, but that doesnít mean some of them canít kick *** in what they do. I thought the ironmen had a decent showing, and I thought their coach did a Fine job with the roster she had. As long as the woman is sharp, coaching shouldnít be an issue.
Tune in next week when Trevor starts talking about skull sizes.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:52 PM #51
Jens

Loosing a 2on1 against AG with half a hopper paint
Or calling for penalties and getting hit during it...i don’t know. It is not only Thomas. During the last point, ok the minor can happen...
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:44 PM #52
mDub TK

mDub TK is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL 2
mDub TK plays in the APPA D1 division
I'd really like to see the NXL update their relegation policy to two teams per year.

Top semi professional teams are better than bottom tier professional teams. I don't think the bottom tier NXL Professional teams would consistently win NXL semi pro tournaments.

It's time to make the change.
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:14 PM #53
twinings
Cereal Eater

twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mDub TK View Post
I'd really like to see the NXL update their relegation policy to two teams per year.

Top semi professional teams are better than bottom tier professional teams. I don't think the bottom tier NXL Professional teams would consistently win NXL semi pro tournaments.

Co-signed
Old 05-03-2021, 09:45 PM #54
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
Tune in next week when Trevor starts talking about skull sizes.
Trevor is that guy who joined that date rapey frat and still talks about it 10 years later. He is an idiot you just need to ignore him.
paintballer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:14 PM #55
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Trevor is that guy who joined that date rapey frat and still talks about it 10 years later. He is an idiot you just need to ignore him.
Thank you! May I have another?
Old 05-03-2021, 10:25 PM #56
Rob.Phifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Sorry ladies, women do tend to have lower testosterone levels which leads to emotional based making decisions, and lower IQs on average, but that doesnít mean some of them canít kick *** in what they do.
Take your worthless **** posts somewhere else.

People like you are part of the reason I stopped using PBNation. (Because the mods let your garbage bull**** posts stick around)
Rob.Phifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:53 PM #57
Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinings View Post
Co-signed

This is the case in almost any other professional sports league....
No team really sucked, therefore also the lower teams can win against the top. Yes, surely not the event....
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:45 AM #58
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mDub TK View Post

I was just talking about this with a teamate.

They need to invite in Tontons to pro, invite Hurricanes into pro, AND take the top two semi pro teams from the standings this season. They just need to shake out the bottom of pro, there are still teams in that division that were basically given a pro spot years ago and do absolutely nothing but fight to not get last place every event.

They legitimately need to make a requirement of financial independence for pro teams. Team owners should have to be financially equipped to field a competent team. It makes no sense that there are guys like Halmone/Hamet/Stein running teams right now that are not pro when they clearly all have the resources and desire to do so.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:49 AM #59
dye4lifepaintball

Which teams do you guys feel should be relegated? I would definitely love to see the Ton Tons in pro again. The Hurricanes have been getting better and better. Not sure how ready the are for pro but I can see them there soon.
Dunlop
Pro-tec
Factory Backing
One Industries
North County Yamaha
dye4lifepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:54 AM #60
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dye4lifepaintball View Post
Which teams do you guys feel should be relegated? I would definitely love to see the Ton Tons in pro again. The Hurricanes have been getting better and better. Not sure how ready the are for pro but I can see them there soon.
Multiple long time pros, mixed with an experienced coach and long time pro owner in Jeff Stein makes me think they would be more competitive than:

Uprising
Kings
DMG

The MLKing are by far the biggest joke of the division. At this point they are basically just there to say they play pro. DMG I think is too far gone and I cant imagine they find more money or talent anytime soon. Uprising has almost no funding as well and any decent local talent is always going to go to Thunder over them.

Being that the Northeast has some of the best players in the country outside of TX, FL, and CA, there should absolutley be more pro teams up here, and there already are more pro ready rosters sitting in the wings.

Aftermath is a shining example of why there should be some sort of ownership financial committment required for the pro division. They get back a competant owner who can provide the resources needed for a pro team in Mike Hinman, and they go from a hot pile of **** to a promising underdog contender instantly.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:42 AM #61
twinings
Cereal Eater

twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
ML Kings lost to what is on paper a divisional team. Why are they even in the pro division. Sorry for the hate but it is what it is.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:01 AM #62
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
I mean LVL bought their spot, but were in 5th place in Semi Pro the year before they went pro.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:44 AM #63
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.Phifer View Post
Take your worthless **** posts somewhere else.

People like you are part of the reason I stopped using PBNation. (Because the mods let your garbage bull**** posts stick around)
Aw yes! Thatís what Iím talking about! Just like that! My morning cup of coffee has arrived!
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.