Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-10-2021, 10:09 AM #43
Bder1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
I hate this sentiment of "people begging for poppets"

Apparently that is false as the last 2-3 poppet releases across the market have been met with lukewarm sales and reception. If this was the case, BL/F1 would have remained relevant and higher up the totem pole from 2011-2019
Bob long died/sold off because he refused to make anything but, the highest end and was pricing like he made the best ones. You can't sustain yourself without an entry level gun. It's just not possible. When you realize Azodin ships more total markers than most major brands it kinda puts in perspective why guns like the lv2 are considered niche even though it feels like we'd buy every one they make. I expect field one to sell off or close if they don't come out with something besides the force this year.
Bder1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2021, 10:14 AM #44
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bder1991 View Post
Bob long died/sold off because he refused to make anything but, the highest end and was pricing like he made the best ones. You can't sustain yourself without an entry level gun. It's just not possible. When you realize Azodin ships more total markers than most major brands it kinda puts in perspective why guns like the lv2 are considered niche even though it feels like we'd buy every one they make. I expect field one to sell off or close if they don't come out with something besides the force this year.
I cannot disagree more with everything you said.

Bob Long sold because he is in his sixties, has passions in other industries, and has no real reason to stay in the paintball industry. The industry pushed him out.

F1 just dedicated a ton of $$ for RD on the Force and will absolutely be pushing that as a flagship product for at least two years yet. They are doing a super job in producing a rock solid marker with smart and simple marketing for being such a small firm.

Since when can you only be successful with entry level, cheap markers?

DLX has done it for 15 years, Eclipse did it for a long time, Bob Long did it for 20 years, plenty of companies have done it.

Kingman was the largest overall volume manufacturer in paintball history, they had to sell the business because its not viable to sell $79.99 markers at the entry level anymore.

Tippmann sold for the same reason.

Small companies cannot afford the costs with producing entry level and sub 500 markers. It is expensive to get into that market.

Field one could sell 500 guns a year and be fine for a long time.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 AM #45
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
I heard that Field One canít keep the Force in stock, they sell everyone they make. The Force is officially a success.

The next LV will sell like it has in the past, maybe even more. Players are passionate about the line like no other.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:28 AM #46
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Bo View Post
I heard that Field One canít keep the Force in stock, they sell everyone they make. The Force is officially a success.

The next LV will sell like it has in the past, maybe even more. Players are passionate about the line like no other.
I still think it is a loud, but small crowd. If you go to fields most weekend its still 90% Gamma/IV/Wannabe Gamma markers
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:36 AM #47
Noa Bo
Back Center = Bad Back

Annual Supporting Member
Noa Bo plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
I still think it is a loud, but small crowd. If you go to fields most weekend its still 90% Gamma/IV/Wannabe Gamma markers
Yep. I donít foresee them making a big dent in the market, but I donít see them going away anytime soon either.
-Operation Paintball [ woodsball and speedball ]
-DBS Pro Shop and Outdoor Field
-Ryan Podesta Gunfightersports.com
-Dye Precision
-Shocker Paintball and DLX Technologies
-Trademygun.com
-Virtue Paintball- Built To Win
https://virtuepb.com/?sca_ref=667267.6PUbRPX1na
-Adrenaline Paintball
2021 Setups Powered with Powerhouse Regs
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and CTRL Loader. [ speedball ]
-Adrenaline TM40, Powerhouse HAYMKR Extended Reg, 68ci Tank, and Dye Rotor. [ woodsball]
2021 Speedball Team Gunís 4 Hire: Fight Club and Minigunz
Noa Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:02 PM #48
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I cannot disagree more with everything you said.

Bob Long sold because he is in his sixties, has passions in other industries, and has no real reason to stay in the paintball industry. The industry pushed him out.

F1 just dedicated a ton of $$ for RD on the Force and will absolutely be pushing that as a flagship product for at least two years yet. They are doing a super job in producing a rock solid marker with smart and simple marketing for being such a small firm.

Since when can you only be successful with entry level, cheap markers?

DLX has done it for 15 years, Eclipse did it for a long time, Bob Long did it for 20 years, plenty of companies have done it.

Kingman was the largest overall volume manufacturer in paintball history, they had to sell the business because its not viable to sell $79.99 markers at the entry level anymore.

Tippmann sold for the same reason.

Small companies cannot afford the costs with producing entry level and sub 500 markers. It is expensive to get into that market.

Field one could sell 500 guns a year and be fine for a long time.
Man people forget that Bob Long used to make markers for other companies. That is were a majority of the profits came from. I remember Zack Long talking about in a youtube video when they are *****ing about something.
paintballer3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:16 PM #49
jubba

jubba is playing at Living Legends VIII
I would like to buy a Lv2 if it is designed and built to be a high end marker as technically as advanced as the CS2. Not a inferior designed high mid level like the Geo 4 and LV1.6 are. Just call the next poppet a etek 6 or etek 170r if your not going to make it as great as possible.
jubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:05 PM #50
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
If this is a LV2, I think it is likely an early test mule testing ideas that would be used in a new marker. R&D here in pics folks.

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:09 PM #51
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubba View Post
I would like to buy a Lv2 if it is designed and built to be a high end marker as technically as advanced as the CS2. Not a inferior designed high mid level like the Geo 4 and LV1.6 are. Just call the next poppet a etek 6 or etek 170r if your not going to make it as great as possible.
What? How is the Geo4 and LV1.6 mid level? The LV1.6 is arguably the best version of the best poppet ever made. And the Geo4 is a modernized enhancement of the most popular modern spool ever made.
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:20 PM #52
Milkstache

Milkstache owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Milkstache owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Milkstache supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
What? How is the Geo4 and LV1.6 mid level? The LV1.6 is arguably the best version of the best poppet ever made. And the Geo4 is a modernized enhancement of the most popular modern spool ever made.
I think they're talking about all the little things that the CS2 has. No wires in the upper body, screw less eye covers, screw less grips, updated trigger, double AA's instead of a 9V, bluetooth, etc.
Milkstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:16 PM #53
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubba View Post
Oh boy...where to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkstache View Post
I think they're talking about all the little things that the CS2 has. No wires in the upper body, screw less eye covers, screw less grips, updated trigger, double AA's instead of a 9V, bluetooth, etc.
Those features are nice and all, but much more difficult to implement in a stacked tube poppet marker vs. the CS2, especially if PE wants to keep the height profile of the next LV minimized. You're operating within some tight boundaries already + adding more stuff to improve quality of life. You've either got to design a taller marker or lose some of those nice features.

Sit down and really study what's going on, what's taking up space where, the overall relationship between the body/frame/feedneck and how the different systems must integrate and communicate. These things can't just happen...
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:33 AM #54
rossmorgan29
Check Please

rossmorgan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The gun in this video is striking me as a prototype that won’t ever be released.

I fully expect the LV2 to have all modern features like tool-less eye covers, tool-less grips, and wireless connections. This looks like they are testing the concept of their gas thru grip instead of the at pipe, on a gun that is largely a 1.6

I bet it’s safe to assume that the LV2 will look nothing like this. But they are field testing the technology they are developing. Which is exciting!
rossmorgan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:58 AM #55
SynysterPB
Bob Long > Anything Else

SynysterPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Ninja View Post
Exciting! Fingers crossed for a mech frame, Iíd be all over a mech Ego.
There's actually someone working on a mech Ego 11 right now on Facebook. No ETA right now and I forgot the guy's name lol. Ill find it and add it to the thread.
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***." -awsk11 2011
SynysterPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:26 AM #56
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmorgan29 View Post
The gun in this video is striking me as a prototype that wonít ever be released.

I fully expect the LV2 to have all modern features like tool-less eye covers, tool-less grips, and wireless connections. This looks like they are testing the concept of their gas thru grip instead of the at pipe, on a gun that is largely a 1.6

I bet itís safe to assume that the LV2 will look nothing like this. But they are field testing the technology they are developing. Which is exciting!
I think that's a very safe, logical assumption.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:43 PM #57
Joshisanalligator
alligator catcher

plays in the NXL
Joshisanalligator owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I think that's a very safe, logical assumption.
Makes sense. Innovate the smallest number of things at any one given time.
Joshisanalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:56 PM #58
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshisanalligator View Post
Makes sense. Innovate the smallest number of things at any one given time.
That was all in the context of prototyping, not finished production models.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:20 PM #59
J4 Paintball
Commandant

J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
"I fully expect the LV2 to have all modern features like tool-less eye covers, tool-less grips, and wireless connections. This looks like they are testing the concept of their gas thru grip instead of the at pipe, on a gun that is largely a 1.6"
Its known as the 'Wireless Airline Portal.'

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:45 PM #60
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
p8ntballa2k owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Its known as the 'Wireless Airline Portal.'
So that's what WAP stands for!
Old 04-12-2021, 04:39 PM #61
rossmorgan29
Check Please

rossmorgan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballa2k View Post
Planet Eclipse. If you read this.
Please include a WAP feature in the LV2. Itíll sell guns
rossmorgan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:45 PM #62
tristanot
Torg

tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
tristanot has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tristanot supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballa2k View Post

Look, the Poppet Design might feel 'dated' to some, but I'm not one of those people. Shooting an LV1.6 right now, had Egos, BL Vice/Protege, Creed, Cyborg, DP stuff, and Marq's, I'm a big fan of poppets.

While I understand the need to update and put innovation into the next marker, having poppet options with an abundance of Spools with their own flavor is a nice change. When there's the DSR/M3+, Luxe X, AMP, CS2, Geo4, Force, Prime XTS, HK T-Rex, 170r, etc. that's a good indicator that Spools are selling like hotcakes still.

But the LV1.6 selling like it has hopefully shows there's still room for a modern poppet.

NC - UT - CA
PE LV1.6 - Spire 260 - 80/45 w/ Powerhouse Haymakr
Alien Deception - Spire 260

tristanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:28 PM #63
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0ukn0wit View Post
Looks like a J4 and PE collab

Here the Press release from J4 Facebook

(4/1/2021)

Press Release Ė J4 Paintball is pleased to announce that they have entered into a partnership with Planet Eclipse on the new LV2 Platform, named the LSV. Expected release on Britain's Independence Day in 2021. The LSV will incorporate a Lever Spool Valve with their stacked valve arrangement. This will utilize J4 Paintballís Wireless Airline Portal (WAP), eliminating the most British engineering choice in paintball ever, the LV1 air pipe. In addition, the silky smooth spool valve means the final death to the last remaining high quality poppet the world will have. A small memorial will be held in Manchester.
It had me until i read the last few sentences, and looked at the release date.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.