Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter4 View Post
Jesus, the use of PBn to become the official GI propaganda channel hurts my eyes. First, just flat out taking the PBn IG to become GI 2.0 page, now just pure injection of marketing propoganda into the news section.

Its easy to ensure all teams are shooting your paint when you are consistently willing to lose money and go into deep debt to make that happen lol.
It's spelled "propaganda."

GI teams were only about a third of the teams there (80 out of 221 teams = 36%) but GI teams won every Xball division anyway. And the company hasn't been "going into debt" at all since I've been part of it. I don't know if a sweep like this will ever happen again, but I also know it hasn't ever happened with anyone else's paint.

The PbN IG was always my personal one and I was never paid to maintain it. Pretty sure I've had Push, MacDev and Hormesis on there since I changed the name and made sure it wasn't linked from or to PbN anymore. But I'll always love JT stuff (which is most of what you see on there). I did however leave the old posts for posterity.

And anyone could have started this news thread. People have always been allowed to interject their own point of view when they do. Read through your own. You told us your opinion when you started a Go Sports discussion thread. Or the Adrenaline thread. I'm sure you've started others but those two jump to mind since they both had negativity I often tried not to put into first posts.

I was never paid to be temper my opinions when I ran PbN, but I did anyway to try and be fair. I don't see a need to do that as much anymore.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2021, 10:26 PM #23
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
Everyone was pumped for Matt's first pro win completely forgetting it was also Rob Valez's first pro win since becoming pro in 2012!
The difference was Rob was there as an alternate so I am sure the win was bittersweet. Matt got lots of playing time and made a solid contribution all the way to that crucial go-ahead point in the finals. I'm hoping Rob gets more game time and another win he can call his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinJB View Post
All pink RPScherer was my all time favorite - it looked cool in pods, looked cool to shoot and we didn't know how good we had it before it disappeared.
PMI Premium. Or Premium Gold. But better yet, all white break pink Evil.

Old 05-05-2021, 11:16 PM #24
g35x
Pump Player

has been a member for 10 years
g35x supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
GI Sportz new "Bright Glo" tournament paint equally dominated the event

A dozen or more teams officially switched to GI paint as the event went on and numerous more teams scored (or tried to score) GI paint through unofficial channels to avoid getting in sponsorship trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$AMONEY$$ View Post
I remember a GI rep giving us 2 tickets for Hellfire paint for every sealed case of Ultra Evil we traded him. He saw us carrying our paint and ran from behind the counter in the GI tent to just to trade us paint. I wonder which GI pro team it went to.
Paintball is a silly sport.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:24 AM #25
tweeter4
How is a PBN formed?

tweeter4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

GI teams were only about a third of the teams there (80 out of 221 teams = 36%) but GI teams won every Xball division anyway. And the company hasn't been "going into debt" at all since I've been part of it. I don't know if a sweep like this will ever happen again, but I also know it hasn't ever happened with anyone else's paint.

The PbN IG was always my personal one and I was never paid to maintain it. Pretty sure I've had Push, MacDev and Hormesis on there since I changed the name and made sure it wasn't linked from or to PbN anymore. But I'll always love JT stuff (which is most of what you see on there). I did however leave the old posts for posterity.

And anyone could have started this news thread. People have always been allowed to interject their own point of view when they do. Read through your own. You told us your opinion when you started a Go Sports discussion thread. Or the Adrenaline thread. I'm sure you've started others but those two jump to mind since they both had negativity I often tried not to put into first posts.

I was never paid to be temper my opinions when I ran PbN, but I did anyway to try and be fair. I don't see a need to do that as much anymore.
So you believe that if you never called that IG "PBNation" that you would have gotten to that level of followers and audience?

And it matters who says what here. Im just some random ******* with no connection to anyone or anything, my opinion doesn't really matter. However, your opinion carries weight here as the long time admin and it just sucks to me that this place went downhill so aggressively and now its dying breathe is being used to pimp GI.

It angers me a bit that since you were let go by VS you essentially do not care what direction PBn goes, but you do care that you can still use your position to promote GI and further your own position.

Why not step away from being an admin and let someone who cares do it?
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:16 AM #26
FreakinJB

Quote:
That list is probably shorter than you'd think.

I tend to agree with your approach to what's wrong in the paintball world with GI's "wolf in sheep's clothing" tactics towards the top. I can also empathize with getting the shaft while being the best at what you do.

Maybe some fresh influence and representation at GI is worth much more than a simple plug that seems to have some factual backing? Dare I say, their paint may have actually made a difference at the event.

I'm pulling for longevity. GI's questionable track record or not, someone needs to keep things moving so we can play 5/10/15 years down the road.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:01 AM #27
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
So you believe that if you never called that IG "PBNation" that you would have gotten to that level of followers and audience?
No one ever said that. But you

Quote:
And it matters who says what here. Im just some random <del>*******</del> with no connection to anyone or anything, my opinion doesn't really matter. However, your opinion carries weight here as the long time admin and it just sucks to me that this place went downhill so aggressively and now its dying breathe is being used to pimp GI.
I thought you were working with Pro Paintball? Did that fall through?

And you think the tiny "admin" badge is what makes my opinion carry weight? Or 30 years of being in the paintball industry with a strong reputation to be correct and not lie?

Quote:
It angers me a bit that since you were let go by VS you essentially do not care what direction PBn goes, but you do care that you can still use your position to promote GI and further your own position.
How on earth do you pretend to know what I care about when you don't even know what I've said or done on here?

Quote:
I did. Since last April. I've only made a handful of posts since and lots LESS positive GI posts than I did when I worked for VS. Go count and see. Have things gotten better here in the last year?

Old 05-06-2021, 08:25 AM #28
nichonitro
^ doesn't know anything

nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

And it matters who says what here. Im just some random ******* with no connection to anyone or anything, my opinion doesn't really matter. However, your opinion carries weight here as the long time admin and it just sucks to me that this place went downhill so aggressively and now its dying breathe is being used to pimp GI.

Simple question. If you wanted it to say something different why didn't you make the post? If you're just attacking John that is a silly thing to do. The man created the internet.

It's basically PBN tradition that someones make a "who won what" thread. John gave everyone else ample chance to do it no one did. So the guy took an opportunity to be proud of what the company he works for did and share the success with the rest of us while also take care of the post.

If anything we all should be pretty pumped he's there because the man is a straight shooter with upper management written all over him. He tells us the truth even when it might not be the best news.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:11 AM #29
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
I've never been an Impact fan (quite the opposite), but I have to give them their due. They played amazing! Congrats to them on such a well played event and a well earned victory! I'd love for someone with lots of time to really get into the weeds and dissect their games. The fact that Mouse made his primary 100%, and was an effective killing machine just screams that the rest of the team played critical roles in countering their opponents counters. I mean, who doesn't see Mouse wreaking havoc and at some point say 'kill mouse at all costs', yet it still didn't happen.

And John and I don't always see eye to eye, but I respect and appreciate all that he does for PB and what remains of this site. As a software developer that see's his own creations become something different once they're turned over to others, I can assure you that he still cares. It's always painful to see something that you put so much time and effort into devolve into something less that what was intended. Thanks for staying active John!

TRUST ME...
eBay (+904)
& PbNation (+61/-0) & MCB (+2/-0)
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:15 AM #30
Lazzrus

[quote=John;100350271

PMI Premium. Or Premium Gold. But better yet, all white break pink Evil.[/QUOTE]

That’s some of the best paint I have ever shot. The eyes in my adrenalin vision impulse hated it though.
Lazzrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:28 AM #31
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

but GI teams won every Xball division anyway
LOLOLOLOLOL, what is this, are we in 2015-2016 again? Holy ****!
Old 05-06-2021, 10:48 AM #32
martix_agent
Mandated fun

martix_agent is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Agree. It's kinda fun to see John "off the leash" so to speak.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:50 AM #33
FreakinJB

Quote:
PMI Premium. Or Premium Gold. But better yet, all white break pink Evil.
Interesting, I don't think I ever shot Premium Gold - we were all subject to what our fields/stores stocked and at that stage in life a few dollars would sway my decision. It had that matte/paper finish. I think they made it in orange too but I might be creating that memory.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:52 AM #34
neweraballer76
40oz Casualty

neweraballer76 plays in the PSP
neweraballer76 supports Team VICIOUS
neweraballer76 plays in the APPA D3 division
Well this fell apart quickly

DIRTLIFE

SCORPIONS
neweraballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:40 PM #35
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by neweraballer76 View Post
Well this fell apart quickly

I know you are new to the internet Caaaaarrrrl

Old 05-06-2021, 12:44 PM #36
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post

Very few people here have ever seen that. It’s a long running joke in my group of friends that I’m a much nicer person on the Internet that I am in real life.

I speak sarcasm as a first language and my sense of humor is seen by just about everyone as downright mean. But I honestly love this game and enjoy this community so I try to keep it toned down.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:04 PM #37
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:

Quote:
I know you are new to the internet Caaaaarrrrl
John is the new “official PBN Troll”,
Old 05-06-2021, 04:35 PM #38
Justin Mason
www.ProPaintball.com

Justin Mason is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
John is the new “official PBN Troll”,
About time. He ran that fine line and dealt with way too much crap for years. John, I for one welcome you to the official pbn trolling club. I wish you many virtual infractions. May you forever wear them as a badge of honor.

But seriously, as far as paint goes I am impressed that GI paint won every division. Outside of a single manufacturer providing event only paint I don't recall that happening.

Now that all said.. it would be cool to see APX allowed to provide paint at the events and see them stack up against each other.

Event wise, it was cool to see Thunder dominate in the prelims. Wish they could have held it together. Seeing Benny Carroll lead the Hurricanes to a semi pro victory was bad ***. Wonder if we will see them work their way back into the pro division.

Also...SDA is back!

RIP Matt Dawson #58

"John is the new “official PBN Troll”" - Trevor the great
Justin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:43 PM #39
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
i can assure you, it's not fun.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:33 AM #40
viking002
Da Sigma

plays in the NXL
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mason View Post
About time. He ran that fine line and dealt with way too much crap for years. John, I for one welcome you to the official pbn trolling club. I wish you many virtual infractions. May you forever wear them as a badge of honor.

But seriously, as far as paint goes I am impressed that GI paint won every division. Outside of a single manufacturer providing event only paint I don't recall that happening.

Now that all said.. it would be cool to see APX allowed to provide paint at the events and see them stack up against each other.

Event wise, it was cool to see Thunder dominate in the prelims. Wish they could have held it together. Seeing Benny Carroll lead the Hurricanes to a semi pro victory was bad ***. Wonder if we will see them work their way back into the pro division.

Also...SDA is back!
If I remember correctly, Mike said the NXL asks paint vendors to pay a sum of money and then they can't sell paint for the first year that they sponsor the league so he didn't want to do that at that time.

Maybe now with him running Aftermath he'll reconsider.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:30 AM #41
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post
If I remember correctly, Mike said the NXL asks paint vendors to pay a sum of money and then they can't sell paint for the first year that they sponsor the league so he didn't want to do that at that time.

I remember him saying something similar. Said it didn't make sense for him financially to sponsor the NXL.

Now I haven't played a PSP/NXL/NPPL level event for a long time. Are they still BYOP so his sponsored teams can just shoot what they bring but he can't sell it at the event or how does that work?
Old 05-07-2021, 02:22 PM #42
PBSales

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking002 View Post

GI/NXL doesn't really want any paint competition. People can lie and say they are not the same but nobody believes that nonsense.

Remember when Virtue tried to get into the paint game. GI basically used extortion tactics to push Virtue out of the paint game quickly.

It is easy to say "all" teams won with GI paint when they make it financially pointless for another company to be allowed to sell paint at their events.

I have shot enough sub par GI paint to be less than impressed. Let's be honest, the best paint today isn't as good as paint was 25 years ago. It is the only technology I can think of that has gone backwards.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.